mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Bedwell Bayfront Park

Recently changed jobs and looking for a quick local lunch loop. I'm in Redwood City right off of Woodside. Water Dog and Skeggs will be my after work rides (if I can leave early) but on days where I can't make that happen, it looks like Bedwell is nearby for a quick casual shoreline spin.

Anyone happen to know anything about this park. I'm assuming it's mostly flat and similar to riding out in Coyote Hills in Newark. Any input appreciated and if you have any suggested routes for a quick 30 to 45 minute spin.

Thanks!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by HrznRider View Post
    Recently changed jobs and looking for a quick local lunch loop. I'm in Redwood City right off of Woodside. Water Dog and Skeggs will be my after work rides (if I can leave early) but on days where I can't make that happen, it looks like Bedwell is nearby for a quick casual shoreline spin.

Anyone happen to know anything about this park. I'm assuming it's mostly flat and similar to riding out in Coyote Hills in Newark. Any input appreciated and if you have any suggested routes for a quick 30 to 45 minute spin.

Thanks!!
    I go there with my kids. This a former landfill that sticks out into the bay. It is actually quite pretty, with a couple areas of small hills. There are a bunch of small punchy steepish climbs (maybe 100ft of elevation gain each). I think you'll enjoy going once a month or two, but more than that and I think you may get bored. Fremont older (believe it or not only 15-20 min away if no traffic) and Arastradero are also good options quite a bit closer than skeggs. Also don't forget Dirt Alpine.
    Regading routes, I just try to link all the little hills. I do a generally counter clockwise loop that links most hills a few times...tough to describe but take a look at this one: https://www.strava.com/activities/441018701

Cheeseburgler
    I would try to get to arastradero over bedwell. Its not too long of a drive if you really are right on 84.

fc
    stoked Administrator
    Bayfront Park is for little kids.

Waterdog is perfect for lunch rides. Carlmont is right beside it too. Much lower trail traffic there during lunch and early afternoon.
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I did that a few times when i was in redwood city. Each full lope takes less than 20 min. Ine hill is somewhat worthy on a ss. A lot of snakes. Be careful. Good for practicing short track. As mentioned, it gets boring very quickly. I eventually just did urban by stanford hospital