Bro
    Where I do my thinking

Bay Area Super Prestige series

Just saw some info about BASP while reading about the SSCXWC (jealous I can't be there). I'll be in Pacifica on a visit home for the weekend of the race in GG Park and I'm strongly considering entering the race, either Men's C or SS B. My USAC license say's I'm C for CX, it'll be my first CX race if I do it.

Anyways, are any of you chumps going next weekend?
    I've made some bad decisions like taking the gears off my bike. So here's the warning: Do not as I say, nor as I do.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    etuck and I will be racing Bs. I strongly suggest you start in Cs for your first race unless you are expert/pro level mtb or cat 4 or lower in road.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    i probably be there. i'll be getting chewed up and spit out the back of the 35+ As.
    something about the west coast...it makes me wanna ride

Bro
    Where I do my thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by anomaly View Post
    etuck and I will be racing Bs. I strongly suggest you start in Cs for your first race unless you are expert/pro level mtb or cat 4 or lower in road.
    That's why I can't decide between the singlespeed and non-singlespeed categories, SS is only A or B, but my age group has C. Who knows.
    I've made some bad decisions like taking the gears off my bike. So here's the warning: Do not as I say, nor as I do.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    SS Bs is MUCH faster than the Cs.

mtbr member
    The gg race is the best of the series. If you can, go do it. Show up early, many classes sold out last year.
    Trade: My 17" c2c Fat Chance Monster Fat in Fair condition for same in 18- 19"

screamer
    C is already sold out for the dudes.

mtbr member
    Yeah, they went to pre-reg this year.

It's awesome race on an awesome course. Was my favorite race, of any sort, last year.

I'm registered for Open B but it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to go. Can't seem to con any of my coworkers into covering on-call for me. Lame.

menace to myself & others
    Aug 2005
    Men's Cs are sold out, both over/under 35. The back end of the SS Bs is not likely to embarrass you too much. Plus, if you get too far behind, just start taking beer feeds, and it'll all be ok!

Additionally, if you decide you really want to race Cs, get there at least half an hour before the race is scheduled. Numbers that have not been claimed thirty minutes before the race get resold. I'm sure there will be unclaimed numbers at 9, or whenever :30 before the C race is. There's a waiting list, though, so the earlier you show up the better.

mtbr member
    Sorry this is off topic, but I have to vent. How can people be so lazy? It's not like typing out words takes any extra effort and its not like acronyms make typing any easier. All you've managed to do is make your post confusing as hell.

Today Im going to GHA to see the TYMs during the GHPE for some RT64 and 5DRH because THSZ said it would be a YPOW.

more skier than biker
    Nov 2006

... and if we just ...

Quote Originally Posted by Beancrew49 View Post
    Sorry this is off topic, but I have to vent. How can people be so lazy? It's not like typing out words takes any extra effort and its not like acronyms make typing any easier. All you've managed to do is make your post confusing as hell.

Today Im going to GHA to see the TYMs during the GHPE for some RT64 and 5DRH because THSZ said it would be a YPOW.
    WTF??? lol.

HTFU

(slight return)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    WTF??? lol.

HTFU
    +1 ROTLMAO!

-slide

Bro
    Where I do my thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by budgie View Post
    C is already sold out for the dudes.
    I guess that makes my decision a bit simpler. I'm just visiting home for the weekend from Reno, and I'm hitching a ride with a family friend, so it's a bit of a hassle to take a bike. My buddy used to race with Roaring Mouse before college, so he's going to help build the course before the weekend. Maybe I'll help with that, maybe I'll just go to heckle all the scheming bastards who stole my spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Beancrew49 View Post

NSIFT. IUTSNITTTSICUTAIMP. IYDKWSSCXWCIGBTLUYR.

(Not sure if trolling.... I used the series name in the thread title so I could use the acronym in my post. If you don't know what SSCXWC (Singlespeed Cyclocross World Championships) is, go back to living under your rock.)

BTW, some acronyms (like BTW) are generally accepted in interwebz-speak. Some, like race names and series names, are also accepted because most people already know what they are.

screamer
    BTW SSCXWC this wknd kicked ass! So much fun...

The Cesspool of Filth - SSCXWC Men's Championship Race - 1st Lap - YouTube

bicycle rider
    Consider also the Santa Rosa race this coming Saturday.

My wife and I and my son might race SRCX (That's Santa Rosa Cyclocross for those whose panties are bunched.) and / or we may race BASP (Bay Area Super Prestige, AKA Pilarcitos) on Sunday.

SSCXWC (Single Speed Cyclocross World Championships) were fun as hell.

Schedule here: ncnca cx: 2011 NCNCA RACE CALENDAR HERE...
    More here: ncnca cx

CX is fun, and it's a great, social way to get some racing and fitness in when conditions are not inviting. Forty five minutes on a cx bike, racing is going to get you all rev-ed up, all worn out, and fill your head with fun. And then there's beer and grilled food and watching your friends race and heckling and all that. My boy and his buddy have recently gotten kinda hooked on racing it. Makes it more fun for me.

Morgan

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    As much as I love the Santa Rosa cup races if you are going to do a race, do BASP in GGP. The course is truly one of the best in the US.