Resident Curmudgeon

Back, with a new bike

We had our bikes ripped off on a road trip in Sept. The insurance covered most of it, so today I found a good deal in my price range and brought home a new ride

Trek Fuel EX5, need to go get it dirty tomorrow

Warning: Consumption of alcohol may make you think the person on the barstool next to you is attractive

Wēk Ss
    nice! find a good spot.

rho
    Captain Pinchflat
    Nice ride!

Resident Curmudgeon
    better shot.

Warning: Consumption of alcohol may make you think the person on the barstool next to you is attractive

NedwannaB
    Curious to see how it will measure up to your Flite! Report back when dirty.
    Wait,who did he tell you that?....

mtbr member
    Ah yes, in the kitchen for the time being then slowly it moves to the garage! Nice bike and hope you have fun on the early morning Gap rides with it.
    They never made the "Slowster"

Resident Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    Ah yes, in the kitchen for the time being then slowly it moves to the garage! Nice bike and hope you have fun on the early morning Gap rides with it.
    hmmmn early morning Gap rides are a thing of the past as I now live in the east bay

mtbr member
    Yeah didn't look like the house off of 35. Didn't know you are out of the southbay. Well either way, have fun getting her dirty!
    They never made the "Slowster"

Resident Curmudgeon
    Ok first impressions:

The SRAM shifters are going to take some getting used to. Push push is weird.

The bars are too flat for my taste but the stem reach is right so a set of riser bars is going to be one of the first swap outs

Suspension, too soon to tell but it does climb steep wet gravely fire roads with ease

Brakes are going to need more bedding in but the Hayes Dyno will more than cover my needs

Seatpost has got to go, I am way too used to a remote adjustable post to go back to a dismount quick release set up

Tires who knows, at least they didn't pack up with mud.

The bike fits me and with just a few tweaks I think I will have some good fun with it. oh yeah it is the XL

Park just 10 minutes from my house was my test ride

fun little climb

not too dirty post first ride