Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    May 2009

Auburn State Recreational Area - Culvert Phase 2 trail work sign up Feb 8th - 10th

Folks,

We are resuming work on the popular Culvert downhill trail located within the Auburn State Recreational Area.

With Phase 2 approved, we will be realigning some parts of the trail to improve drainage and flow while ensuring this continues to be a thrilling ride.

If you liked and were a part of what we started last year, you'll want to join us to complete the vision we have for creating a world class downhill corridor that offers fun and excitement for all skill levels.

Registration is limited to 12 people per day so sign up now if you're interested.

Details:
    When: Feb 8th - 10th
    Where: ASRA Culvert (stage at Fuel Break and Culvert)
    What: trail work
    Time: 8.30 a.m. - 5.00 p.m. (options for 1/2 day)

Doodle: CULVERT ACTION ALERT

Note: While we will provide refreshments, please come prepared to be self sufficient.

Cheers,

Steve

If you have questions, reach out to me at jminn8086@gmail.com

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Just a reminder ...

Culvert Phase II work resumes this weekend. Sign up and be a part of something truly special within the Auburn State Recreational Area!

Dropshot Champ!
    saw you guys out there today working in the rain. Great job!

I got trapped between closures today, both culvert and middle trail / stonewall were closed today for work. Guess they're putting up a new fence that requires a dismount so moto's can't sneak into the OHV park without paying via old foresthill rd.

I read something about stage 2 incorporating more berms and fun on fuel break heading from green gate / connector parking, towards culvert. Any truth to that or just rumors?

Would you guys have any work for riders that just wanna give an hour here or there on random rides without signing up, or is it structured differently?

Thank you!

Auburn Bike Works
    It is looking sweet, went and checked it out with John and Zachi. Some super sweet turns! Auburn Bike Works is provide lunch and beverages!

Auburn Bike Works
    I'd say any help is awesome, an hour may only get your hands dirty though. 20 hours of volunteer work gets you a Parking pass!
    Quote Originally Posted by redmr2_man View Post
    saw you guys out there today working in the rain. Great job!

I got trapped between closures today, both culvert and middle trail / stonewall were closed today for work. Guess they're putting up a new fence that requires a dismount so moto's can't sneak into the OHV park without paying via old foresthill rd.

I read something about stage 2 incorporating more berms and fun on fuel break heading from green gate / connector parking, towards culvert. Any truth to that or just rumors?

Would you guys have any work for riders that just wanna give an hour here or there on random rides without signing up, or is it structured differently?

Thank you!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mike thompson View Post
    I'd say any help is awesome, an hour may only get your hands dirty though. 20 hours of volunteer work gets you a Parking pass!
    I just got back from the site and although we got light rain, the conditions are still very good for trail work. Here is a link to some initial pictures of the work.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1127141.../CulvertPhase2

mtbr member
    May 2009
    redmr2_ma

Thank you for your interest and willingness to lend a hand. You're welcome to join us during a scheduled event but would ask that any trail work done on the Culvert is part of an organized effort please.

We've worked hard to secure the support of the ASRA and the lead ranger and all trail work needs to be done according to our plans that have been approved and under supervision.

Let's Ride!
    what type of closures can I expect tomorrow?? I always love me some Stonewall trail
    Master of Nothing, but dammit if I don't try..............

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemlows View Post
    what type of closures can I expect tomorrow?? I always love me some Stonewall trail
    Culvert will be closed as we have equipment on it. Stonewall should be open.

Dropshot Champ!

stonewall is open but state parks is building a dismount gate after the 2nd road crossing (old foresthill near the entrance to stonewall ohv trail). Right after that downhill berm/switchback thing. They've had a huge problem with moto's sneaking in without paying and at night. If you look, you'll see a few ?new? camo cameras out there, and I'm guessing they aren't just for wildlife.

The gate is placed in a really dumb spot, you have alot of speed coming around that turn and down that section.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I was up there today and there are big changes to he trail and it looks good.
    Great job to all doing the work
    Thanks

Auburn Bike Works
    We really workd hard today, I personally recruited a talented group of locals and they kicked ass! Hard workers and a great eye for shape and contour! The trail looks great, a bit dry in some areas and wet in others but overall looking really fun. Ill get a full run in tomorrow when we get done, not just pieces!

Let's Ride!

Auburn State Recreational Area - Culvert Phase 2 trail work sign up Feb 8th - 10th

saw tons of help out there.... will be interesting to see how it goes... hoping the trail isn't slower now

Auburn Bike Works
    I made a couple runs last night after we finished, I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised! The trail has gained some epic turns that are only gonna get better when they are all settled in.

saw tons of help out there.... will be interesting to see how it goes... hoping the trail isn't slower now

Let's Ride!
    anyone have pics??

Auburn Bike Works
    Here is a video one of my employees made, he and the other riders on the Placer Foothills Cycling Team.

https://vimeo.com/59415802

Let's Ride!
    hard to tell, but it looks like it was stamped into a single track with berms, were all the jumps removed?? And did they take out the rock garden section completely?

Auburn Bike Works
    There a a few more features added in this time around. Which rock garden section? The armored turn is gone but there are 3 killer berms and linkable rollers to jump. The rock garden at the bottom of the armored turn straight away is still there and there are a few more feature options opened up because of a berm we through in. I think you'll like it I'll post some pics tomorrow.

Let's Ride!
    awesome!! it's hard to tell, I can't wait to ride it, it's a fun trail!! and i was worried ..... Thanks to all who helped.....it was insane how many folks were out there on Saturday.........I only saw it as the work started, so

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mike thompson View Post
    Here is a video one of my employees made, he and the other riders on the Placer Foothills Cycling Team.

https://vimeo.com/59415802
    Thanks for posting the video -

A BIG shout out to those that came out and helped. It's hard to see from this video, but there are both defined A & B lines and as mentioned, we added features back in on this outing.

Ride it - I think you'll like it. ... and, it's only going to get better!

Lightly salted
    Berms, jumps, table tops and rocks, oh my! Rode the new section today, it is awesome!
    Thanks for all your hard work, it is turning out great!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by fuenstock View Post
    Berms, jumps, table tops and rocks, oh my! Rode the new section today, it is awesome!
    Thanks for all your hard work, it is turning out great!
    Glad you liked it!

Dropshot Champ!
    great meeting you today. Can you update this thread with what happens with the stonewall fence+dismount? Really great to see someone so in touch with the ASRA folks. Making good things happen, keep up the awesome work.

ps, nice bike!

Auburn Bike Works
    I just got some video and pics today! I'll try and get them posted in a day or so. I shuttled so I got t hit features at multiple angles and hit some new ones!

mtbr member
    May 2009

redmr2_man - Stonewall access

Quote Originally Posted by redmr2_man View Post
    great meeting you today. Can you update this thread with what happens with the stonewall fence+dismount? Really great to see someone so in touch with the ASRA folks. Making good things happen, keep up the awesome work.

ps, nice bike!
    I spoke with the lead ranger about the newly erected fence near the top of Stonewall. In the short term, ASRA is putting more emphasis on controlling illegal entry and use of the park by motos versus MTB flow from Old Foresthill road.

This was done on FDLT as well and eventually the step through gates were removed ... cross your fingers that we'll see the same outcome here.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast