Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Auburn pics!

Silence! I kill you!

Good job! Auburn pics!

First off, I'd like to thank everyone for the awsome ride on saturday! Even though I endoed & lost my rear brakes before we even got to the Foresthill Bridge, and then every muscle in my legs were cramping up on the return trip, this was one of my favorite rides I've been on. I've got a bunch of pictures to go through, and some didn't come out as sharp as I'd hoped (i'm not used to the camera I had for sports stuff), I did get some great shots. I don't know who most of the riders were just by looking at the pictures, but if you want a hi-res copy send me an email saying which picture you want & I'll email it to ya.

And now, the pics!

(More to come in the next few days.)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My Website:
    Scott Mosher Photography

My Recent Shoots
    The Blog

Silence! I kill you!
    more....
    My Website:
    Scott Mosher Photography

My Recent Shoots
    The Blog

a few more pix

I've been deflowered...An Auburn virgin no more. The words Foresthill and Confluence and Maria's are no longer mystery, but a clear picture in my mind (o.k.... maybe Confluence is a blur ) Thank you John for getting me to and from Dan's ( I meant to leave the other half of the six pack in your truck as a physical show of gratitude. You can imagine my surprise when I got home and I had half a 6er in my bag. Fear not, I took care of them for you. I owe you a few.) Thanks Dan for getting me to and from my favorite mountain bike ride so far this year. I ran into a couple of folks I hadn't seen in a while (Cap'n and Pete) and the goat burrito lives in my memory even now (I'll go with carne asada next time).

Enough babble, here are some pics:

More Pix....

I hope Mike doesn't hate me for this one...

It looks like Plim is having a good ride so far.

And Finally

1.Tunnel Vision... stay in the middle!
    2. Ahhhhhburn!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Auburn trail dirctions???

Hey!!! I live in Tahoe and the snow level is slowly creeping its way downward so I am going to have to drive down to the foothills to ride. I have heard that there is a great trail out of Auburn. Maybe this is the one that you profiled in pics. If anyone could provide some basic directions from Auburn that would be greatly apprectiated.

Quote Originally Posted by rocdog
    Hey!!! I live in Tahoe and the snow level is slowly creeping its way downward so I am going to have to drive down to the foothills to ride. I have heard that there is a great trail out of Auburn. Maybe this is the one that you profiled in pics. If anyone could provide some basic directions from Auburn that would be greatly apprectiated.
    I wish I could.. I just followed the guy in front of me. Hit up Big Boulder. I think he can set you straight.

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004

Thanks for the pics.

Quote Originally Posted by jorgemonkey
    First off, I'd like to thank everyone for the awsome ride on saturday! Even though I endoed & lost my rear brakes before we even got to the Foresthill Bridge, and then every muscle in my legs were cramping up on the return trip, this was one of my favorite rides I've been on. I've got a bunch of pictures to go through, and some didn't come out as sharp as I'd hoped (i'm not used to the camera I had for sports stuff), I did get some great shots. I don't know who most of the riders were just by looking at the pictures, but if you want a hi-res copy send me an email saying which picture you want & I'll email it to ya.

And now, the pics!

That was my first ride with any of the MTBR folks and it was really great. D@mn that was a big group. Seemed like everyone was pretty strong as well. Luckily y'all take good long breaks so I got a chance to catch up ;^> Speaking of which, one of the things I liked about this group was how supportive it was. Towards the end I was bonking and lagging pretty far behind the main group, but I never felt any pressure to step it up.

I met some really great folks. I hope to run into you all again. Of course, I got a bunch of real names, but now I realize I don't know what screen names to connect them with. Anyway, for those whom I met, I'm Jeff, the guy from up near Truckee (the school teacher at the ski academy). I was riding a red Heckler, white helmet, and I have a goatee (sp) and was usually one of the last 3 or 4 people to show up at each stop towards the end of the day.

Man, I was whooped at the end of that ride. Cramp city from the return on the connector trail til the end. I was so shot that I was f'ing up left and right down the Culvert Trail and the Confluence. I landed several jumps and drops every which way but straight. I hit that run quite often, and I should probably have just chilled out on it yesterday.

My God, you ss'ers are freaks of nature! What are they putting in your cerial?

Sorry I missed you all at the Taco place. I was not paying close enough attention to the directions and I did not find it.

Anyway, thanks to all who put that together, and especially Char (hope I got that name right) for meeting up us with with water and Gatorade. Also thanks to those who showed up early to set up the shuttle.

Kapusta

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rocdog
    Hey, I live near Truckee and I go down there a lot over the winter to ride. I'd be happy to go down with you sometime. PM me if you are interested. There is also some great stuff around Nevada City.

For a good map online, try www.mtbsingletrack.com it's a great resource for riding in the Auburn and Nevada City area. Great maps and directions.

Kapusta

mtbr member

Good job! AWESOME, but painful ride

First off I must say that this was my virgin MTBR ride and I could have no asked for a better group to ride with. Although I wasn't very talkative and kinda shy, that doesn't mean I had a great ride. It was the biggest and longest mtn bike ride I have ever been on. It totally killed my legs though as we were finishing up down the forest hill divide trail. I just wanted to have a search and rescue team come out and find me to take me back to the car. But I hung through it and survived somehow. This ride just pushed me that much harder to stay up with the group and for the most part I did so. This group ride was much different that riding with my buddies back home and I sure did feal it. I just want to say thanx to EVERYONE for making my day sooooo much fun. Ok, enough about that lets show some pictures. If you want any hi-res pics just let me know and I'll send them to ya. My name is Shane by the way if you don't remember.

IPAs make me wanna puke.
    Dec 2004

Looks like there were at LEAST two times as...

many women on this ride as there were on the Coe ride.

No Justice = No Peace

Very Nice Ride

Thanks everyone, especially Dan for driving up, and the sweepers for keeping me company. I had a great time, and I am pleased to see that more than one other rider felt pretty well toasted when it was over. Although this was my first official MTBR ride, I have met a few folks through MTBR, and I am continually amazed at how cool, interesting, funny and FAST you all are. (30 miles on a Single Speed - - - in Sandals !? )

I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEXT ONE.

-Peter
    "Welcome to my underground lair...."

Silence! I kill you!
    Quote Originally Posted by rockcrawler53
    First off I must say that this was my virgin MTBR ride and I could have no asked for a better group to ride with. Although I wasn't very talkative and kinda shy, that doesn't mean I had a great ride. It was the biggest and longest mtn bike ride I have ever been on. It totally killed my legs though as we were finishing up down the forest hill divide trail. I just wanted to have a search and rescue team come out and find me to take me back to the car. But I hung through it and survived somehow. This ride just pushed me that much harder to stay up with the group and for the most part I did so. This group ride was much different that riding with my buddies back home and I sure did feal it. I just want to say thanx to EVERYONE for making my day sooooo much fun. Ok, enough about that lets show some pictures. If you want any hi-res pics just let me know and I'll send them to ya. My name is Shane by the way if you don't remember.

Dude, you don't even post of picture of me? I see how it is. See if I drive you to Auburn again, or tow you back from Reno....

Glad ya had fun!
    My Website:
    Scott Mosher Photography

My Recent Shoots
    The Blog

Silence! I kill you!
    Well to make life easier on the dial up people viewing this thread, I'm goin to upload all the pics that I've got to my gallery here in MTBR. The gallery is located here:

http://gallery.mtbr.com/showgallery....&what=&name=&=

I've got about 1/2 uploaded, hopefully I'll get the rest done tomorow afternoon/evening!
    Last edited by jorgemonkey; 11-06-2005 at 09:24 PM.
    My Website:
    Scott Mosher Photography

My Recent Shoots
    The Blog

blood gunpowder & speed

Killer!

Compatriots,

Meeting a number of cool new people, enjoying some beautiful wilderness area, and traveling at warp speed through our killer California paradise, is a great way to spend a Saturday. This group is grand. With superstars like Boulder Boy, Johnny Fire Cracker, Francis Ford Coppola, the Zane-inator, Ogre, DANger, and yes, Joseph it is easy to be caught up in all the fanfare.

Thanks for all of the photos.

I look forward to the next endeavor! (If you'll let this excitable boy partake).

Ben

mtbr member

Tell him to stop

Dude, you don't even post of picture of me? I see how it is. See if I drive you to Auburn again, or tow you back from Reno....

Glad ya had fun!
    Quit your whining man, here are some of you. Hehe j/k bro. By the way thanx for the ride back from reno. :-)

mtbr member
    Oct 2003

thanks

It was a very nice ride.
    Special thanks to Big Boulder for arranging this riding, others who showed ways and for pictures.
    Connector, Confluence ... awesome single tracks – wished I could ride for whole day long.

- Jae

mtbr member
    "A" group: 27 riders.
    F**kin "A" group: 4 riders.
    Outstanding support wagon: 1 ~ Thanks Char, your the best!!

And thank you Steve for putting this together. It was great seeing so many old friends and meeting new ones. Nice riding and meeting all of you guy's.

Plot this dweeb:
    Here's the summary data according to my geek tool:
    Total Time (h:m:s) 5:33:19 11:45 pace
    Moving Time (h:m:s) 3:44:42 7:55 pace
    Distance (mi ) 28.33
    Moving Speed (mph) 7.6 avg. 43.5 max.
    Elevation Gain (ft) +5,006 / -5,736
    Temperature (°F) 57.5°F avg. 59°F high

mtbr member
    Some more:

mtbr member

Google Earth Link

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/k...pkValue=334690

And Kyle, wtf?? Is that a scary shot or what?

blood gunpowder & speed

Smashing

Dude,

Your photos are brilliant!

Silence! I kill you!
    My Website:
    Scott Mosher Photography

My Recent Shoots
    The Blog

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Good job! Best Ever.

On reflection, this was the largest, longest, and best mountain bike ride I have ever been on. Awesome trails, awesome conditions, awesome ridebuddies. I have BigBoulder, Cher, and the rest of the trail leadership to thank for it, so, thank you for making it happen.

The after party at Big Boulder ranch was superb, where I was initiated into Bike Sumo, treated to a post-ride cigar, drank too much, carried on late into the night, and slept very well. There is love and hospitality at BB ranch!

And for all who commented on my BMX pedals before, during, and after the ride (I think I heard over 10 comments ) I have finally decided to trade in my beloved magnesium BMX pedals for some spd clipless. 30 miles on flat pedals made me a believer.

From the comments it looks like this ride was truly "breakthrough": lots of first-time MTBR ride riders, lots of "longest ride they've ever done" riders" (including me), and to think it all went down "post-season" - man those trails could NOT have been better!

Thanks everyone and see you next time!

-zane

swag ho Administrator

And now, the pics!

Scotttttttt, thanks for taking pics. It takes a lot of effort to lug the big camera around, setup, then catch up. Then you got to edit them and post them and link them... But then you're our hero.

Great to ride with you again. I'll put some names to your photos.

1. group shot
    2. Steve aka bigboulder aka organizer aka host of the year
    3. Kyle aka K-max aka singlespeed man-whore
    4. francis aka me
    5. John aka fast, nice guy.

fc

more....

1. Andy aka crashmaster aka crashed into the parking lot curb and got jacked before the ride
    2. Fred aka fred-da-trog on a 29er compensating for something
    3. Alex from Ukraine and Rychelle aka mrs. k-max back from europe
    4. Rafael aka Graaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh in camo
    5. Renata aka MiniMae aka A+ rider
    Last edited by francois; 11-07-2005 at 08:44 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast