Sweat is just fat crying.

Attention, Citizens Of Ukiah (re: mtb ride and dog boarding)

Attention, Citizens Of Ukiah (re: mtb ride and dog boarding)

No, dog boarding's not like skateboarding, I'm looking for a private party to board my dog for a few days over Thanksgiving. All she needs is a fenced in area and shelter from the rain. I'll pick her up every so often to take her out for a ride, and you'll make a few bucks in the process. She's 42 lbs and doesn't bark much or dig. Had all her shots, gets along with other dogs after a short I'm The Boss summit. She WILL chase cats and varmits.

I've called my regular place in Ukiah and Thanksgiving is one of the busier times of the year, so they are all booked up. I can board her here in Stockton, but it would have to be for 4 days, and that's just too long.

I'm also looking for a ride, preferably Thursday eve., or sometime Friday. I'm bringing my lights, and was thinking of doing a nite ride in that park that's next to the skateboard park? I know it's probably not very long, but I'd like to get up to the overlook to see the town at night. Or I'm open to other suggestions. I'll be on a single-speed, and not in the best of shape, so no epics, please.

Please let me know if you can board Endo before 4 today (Wed.). I have to get her in locally before 5, or I lose my chance.

Thanks!

Gary @ too owe nine, nine ate one, nine five to ate.
    Mountain Biking Is Not A Crime stickers, free! (You pay postage. PM me for details.)

NedwannaB
    Mountain Bikers? In Ukiah? Jk. Hey hope you get someone lined up Gary, what's the special occaSSion up there?
    Wait,who did he tell you that?....

May be a ride happening tomorrow (Fri) afternoon with sbd and myself. Anyone else out there want to ride?

Helllloooooooo?

Helllloooooooo?

Helllloooooooo?
    Mountain Biking Is Not A Crime stickers, free! (You pay postage. PM me for details.)

sbd
    mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    There are very few mtb riders and lots of world class singletrack...its a good formula. No rules No crowds. I should have things buttoned up by around 2.

Ok, this was one sweet ride, on trails above/around Lake Mendocino. Just what I needed. What a gorgeous day!

Many thanks to sbd, aka "Sean" for showing them to me. You're a great guide!

More pics to come.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Attention, Citizens Of Ukiah (re: mtb ride and dog boarding)-lake-mendocino-066-copy.jpg  

sbd
    mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Thats a hilarious pic. Sorry my post-op a$$ was so outta shape. You're welcome back any time. Thanks for the brew!!!
    Last edited by sbd; 11-23-2012 at 10:59 PM.

PMarsh Thumbs Up!
    Did you guys do the Lake Mendo loop?
    2011 Giant Glory 01
    2013 Pivot Firebird
    2004 Turner Rail - Stoled

sbd
    mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    No. We went in at Deerwood and did an out and back to the spillway and then an out and back towards Bushay.