Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    swag ho Administrator

April 5 - Trail conditions report

Lots of soft dirt out there. Please report actual trail conditions. The last rain was about a quarter inch in the low lands at around 4 am last Thursday.

Forecast:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Just got back from Pleasanton Ridge. Condition is good there. A couple of small wet spot here and there but that's it.
    Went down Bay Leaf single track to sinbad creek and then up Shady creek. Creeks are running really low and easy to cross.

ask
    user
    Aug 2009

Gap was a slop fest early this morning. Probably better now, but it was wet.

NONDURO
    Hoping that Santa Teresa County Park trails are open, seeing as it rained the other day. Doesn’t take much (deer pissing too much, crying coyotes, bobcats drooling too much) to close them.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Rode STCP this afternoon. Trails are both dry and open
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic
    - Arthur C. Clarke

mtbr member
    I rode in Auburn today.

South side of Foresthill Divide was perfect. Some standing water in the usual spots (that stay wet for long periods of time). The tree branches were really wet, weighed down and hanging over the trail. Got soaked by a couple. The climb at Drivers Flat Rd. was a little wet. The north side of the trail, as usual was slower to dry. In the oak section between the first two descents there's a huge branch of tree down blocking the trail. The bulk of the wet that I found was on the "big" descent to Clementine Rd. Not too bad, really.

Connector ... eh. The roller coaster section from the Divide Loop side to the look out had standing water in the apex of pretty much every turn. After the lookout it was pretty dry, with a little water on the climb after the bridge in the usual spots (at the rock runoff, etc). Otherwise it was good to go.

Should be nice on Sunday.
    :wq

mtbr member

Rockville

Rockville was nice and tacky today. Muddy at the very top of the main trail up by the restrooms. Couple of spots of standing water but should be great for as long as the rain holds off.
    Last edited by OnThaCouch; 04-05-2013 at 11:19 PM. Reason: my spelling sucks

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    i think the north bay may have gotten more rain than the south bay---any thoughts on how annadel will be today and sunday? there is also a rocky mountain cycles bike demo on sunday, so hopefully any additional showers hold off..
    94 Specialized Rockhopper

singletrack bound
    friday afternoon Nisene Marks ride.....

wet/wet/wet/wet/
    Sorrel Seeker !!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone No Balone View Post
    friday afternoon Nisene Marks ride.....

wet/wet/wet/wet/
    Is this just wet, or wet and muddy?
    I like to ride bikes.

mtbr member
    I drove up to Skeggs this morning but it was wet, cold and somewhat miserable so I headed to Arastradero instead and the dirt there was perfect and no spit rain... Yes, I'm getting soft in my old age.

Laker and a Trail Blazer

Anybody make it to skyline/napa today?

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho View Post
    I drove up to Skeggs this morning but it was wet, cold and somewhat miserable so I headed to Arastradero instead and the dirt there was perfect and no spit rain... Yes, I'm getting soft in my old age.
    Ouch, Arastadero is boooring.

I was contemplating trying Skeggs tomorrow, but it sounds like that won't work. Maybe Waterdog will be dry...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho View Post
    +1, a buddy and I did the same, got there and called it. After all the nice weather we've had I wasn't feeling it, it was dripping with heavy mist and fog rain and cold. It would have been a first day out on a brand new bike and I just couldn't bring myself to doing that to the bike first time out...

VRC Illuminati
    UCSC is no bueno as of 4/6. Lots of low spots and standing water. I figured it'd be more dried out than it was.
    -eric-

http://www.rumpfy.com

Wanted: 400mm American Classic seatpost, 26.8 & 27.2

Feral Roadie
    Not that anybody cares, but the spots that get unrideable in Tilden/Wildcat when it's wet, were unridable Saturday Afternoon.

rox
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    waterdog is great. demo is kind of slippery. I had to back off the speed a little avoid a lot of the wood features but didnt end up with much mud on my bike or myself

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Mission peak stanford side was already dry and sandy in spots. Though i saw tone no balance or simeone resembling him climbing stangord 3 times back to back

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Just got back from Briones. No more dust, no mud except on trails that get zero sun and do not drain well, basically great trail conditions except the cows and horses have gone all over the place so many trails need fixing up. Nice 90 minutes regardless...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumpfy View Post
    UCSC is no bueno as of 4/6. Lots of low spots and standing water. I figured it'd be more dried out than it was.
    Bummer. Looks like it's Nisene on the CX bike tomorrow.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    China Camp in great condition, MCBC Gnomes were out encouraging the new contribution of funds "in case the ranger runs across you". Our group did, but still not super kosher w/ the whole "oh we had 45mil stashed, we have to close parks" crud.

singletrack bound
    I'm going back out tomorrow also. One day made a huge difference earlier last week and I'm guessing in should be decent tomorrow. Still wet in some spots but not out right gooey like it was Friday afternoon.
    Painted indoors all day today and now I'm suffering aches and pains I never felt before.
    Sorrel Seeker !!

ask
    user
    Aug 2009

Gap is still sloppy. Tons of 2 wheel drifting around corners in the loose mud. Fun but dirty.

遅すぎ
    Apr 2008
    Skeggs was very messy. You would think it got 3 inches of rain with all the standing puddles and muck. Fire roads are ok, single tracks not so much. Probably will need till mid week before it's "prime". Stay away tomorrow unless you want to spend 20 minutes demucking post ride.

Inspector Gadget

Don't park in the "puddle" across the street from the oat hill mine trailhead. Freakin buried my truck and roosted my bike with nasty ass mud. Oat hill mine was perfect... As always lol

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast