Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    NONDURO

April 27th 2013 9:00AM meetup at Kennedy @ Top-O-The-Hill for Ancient Rascal’s b-day

Friggin-A. Poseurs or not, bring your bike and your game. We’re riding up boring-ass fireroads with a local singlespeeding legend who is having a notable birthday. We will be riding in his honour… and he will be riding with us too. We might end up going down Dogmeat and then back up Priest Rock (and back to Kennedy), or we could decide the day is perfect for going down Priest Rock (via the Three Bastard Brothers) and then a nice no-dabs attempt up Dogmeat and then back down Kennedy. I’ll be there, I’d already committed more than a week ago. You should be there too. Singlespeed is optional, by the way.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    Friggin-A. Poseurs or not, bring your bike and your game. We’re riding up boring-ass fireroads with a local singlespeeding legend who is having a notable birthday. We will be riding in his honour… and he will be riding with us too. We might end up going down Dogmeat and then back up Priest Rock (and back to Kennedy), or we could decide the day is perfect for going down Priest Rock (via the Three Bastard Brothers) and then a nice no-dabs attempt up Dogmeat and then back down Kennedy. I’ll be there, I’d already committed more than a week ago. You should be there too. Singlespeed is optional, by the way.
    Man, I wanna go!!! My daughter has a performance Saturday but heck, she'll probably have a hundred more in the next 10 years and it's not like I have a shot at The Best Dad in the World (I actually saw the dude...he had a tee shirt to prove it). Hope to see you guys then.
    Peanut butter Tuesday, if you know what I mean!

ask
    user
    Aug 2009

April 27th 2013 9:00AM meetup at Kennedy @ Top-O-The-Hill for Ancient Rascal’s

I'd like to go, but I got my kids that day. If I can swing it, I'll leave the SS at home, put the kids in the trailer and tow them up Kennedy early. It would be cool to wish the legend a happy b-day and chat for a few at the tree or the top.

mtbr member

No worries

Quote Originally Posted by ask View Post
    I'd like to go, but I got my kids that day. If I can swing it, I'll leave the SS at home, put the kids in the trailer and tow them up Kennedy early. It would be cool to wish the legend a happy b-day and chat for a few at the tree or the top.
    The foul language may really be flying on Saturday so you and your boys have a pass to miss this one for sure. You will be there ask ... "in spirit" on the back of a shirt I'm wearing anyway !
    You became weak loafing around in that big girly gear! -Soares

ask
    user
    Aug 2009
    I think my kids can take it... but I'm not sure I can get up that early w/ the boys and ride. Maybe we'll see you on your way back down. Either way, Happy Birthday man!

Puro Vida!

Was thinking of hitting up STP and the Trailhead thing of a jiggly-but maybe this? Does it really matter? Your all way faster than me-and also thinking of taking my son on the back on his Weehoo-towing this will only make me that much slower-anyways I'll just say happy birthday! May the water levels in your life be balanced and the salinity levels good!

mtbr member
    April 27th 2013 9:00AM meetup at Kennedy @ Top-O-The-Hill for Ancient Rascal’s b-day-0424131100.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelson34 View Post
    Was thinking of hitting up STP and the Trailhead thing of a jiggly-but maybe this? Does it really matter? Your all way faster than me-and also thinking of taking my son on the back on his Weehoo-towing this will only make me that much slower-anyways I'll just say happy birthday! May the water levels in your life be balanced and the salinity levels good!
    Thanks for the good wishes guy's! Nice reference to the marine tank deal Nelson. This 220 gallon 8 footer in the garage for now ... will soon be coming to a man's cave nearby.

Puro Vida!

NiCe!!!! Saltwater tanks are just ...just...the sh1t! I was starting to think our house needed one soon, still have too much going on to really to go for it now, but one day. Your going to have quite the man cave!

mtbr member
    Happy 70th!!!

Is this thing on?
    Quote Originally Posted by Soares View Post
    Happy 70th!!!
    Only 70? and here I thought he was old!

Happy B-day AR.

mtbr member
    Only 60 ! Soares is gonna pay later ! He is almost out of time on the T-Shirt

NONDURO
    This ride may end up being my only ride this week if my work is as busy as it’s been since Monday!!!
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Activate pump fake. As much as I would love to ride with you guys, I can't seem to fully motivate. With the weather the way it is and the dirt the way it is, not riding ST in the redwoods seems like crazy talk. I am free Friday to ride if you can do a double shot but gonna hit the good **** this weekend. Any takers fro Friday? hehe... Happy BDay AR all the same.

Air Pirate
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient rascal View Post
    Only 60 ! Soares is gonna pay later ! He is almost out of time on the T-Shirt
    Would love to come down to partake in such a birthday ride...as it is also my birthday that day. But I used up the monthly traveling budget going to Sea Otter last week, and the wife/accountant advised this birthday would be cheaper to spend near home (can't even join in with the trail maintenance at Water Dog that day that I was considering).

Have a good ride and a good birthday Rascal! I will not be aged to the same level of ripeness at only 47. I could only hope to match the legend you are at 60!
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

mtbr member
    Happy B-day to us both then Bokchoicowboy ! lilysdad may also show up L.P.. No more running this week for me so I don't show up with the usual dead legs. It's gonna be a good ride ... I can feel it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelson34 View Post
    I"ll be in he back to keep you company, plus you know how these guys are they'll do twice our footies coming back to check on us.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by squashyo View Post
    Activate pump fake. As much as I would love to ride with you guys, I can't seem to fully motivate. With the weather the way it is and the dirt the way it is, not riding ST in the redwoods seems like crazy talk. I am free Friday to ride if you can do a double shot but gonna hit the good **** this weekend. Any takers fro Friday? hehe... Happy BDay AR all the same.
    Can't come Friday till after noon. But i'm game after that.

mtbr member

Warm up run today

Come on out Nelson and CB Dude. LP and I can come back and go ahead ... no problem. We all rode together on the turkey day ride I think when the fat bikes were used? Rode up to the chopper pad today April 27th 2013 9:00AM meetup at Kennedy @ Top-O-The-Hill for Ancient Rascal’s b-day-0425131739-1-.jpgwith Mike from 1000 oaks who rented a bike from Tread. Rode in a moo moo dress today !

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Hey Rascal, its Mike. Thanks for keeping me company today! Have a happy B-day!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by msebast View Post
    Hey Rascal, its Mike. Thanks for keeping me company today! Have a happy B-day!
    Thanks brand spankin new mtbr member msebast. Cool riding with you today. Shoot us some pics of your rides from SO cal for the Weekend ride reports we do in the nor cal forum. You can meet some mtbr so cal riders in your area now.

NONDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient rascal View Post
    No more running this week for me so I don't show up with the usual dead legs. It's gonna be a good ride ... I can feel it.
    If you can really “feel it”, perhaps we can attempt one more no-dab run up Dogmeat… just a thought—don’t want to scare you away from the ride. I’m bringing my fatbike, so it should offer a 98.100667% success rate of a no-dabs up Dogmeat—4 for 4 no-dabs runs up Dogmeat with said fatbike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    If you can really “feel it”, perhaps we can attempt one more no-dab run up Dogmeat… just a thought—don’t want to scare you away from the ride. I’m bringing my fatbike, so it should offer a 98.100667% success rate of a no-dabs up Dogmeat—4 for 4 no-dabs runs up Dogmeat with said fatbike.
    It will be pretty slippery and dry. You will risk your ... as Dirk would say .. "uninterrupted series" ! I will take a shot of you cleaning it of course for the record if you like. Big fan of the uninterrupted series deal myself.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Couch Bike Dude View Post
    Can't come Friday till after noon. But i'm game after that.
    Dang it...I gotta get kids from school so need to shoot for a pre-noon ride. Think I'll hit Montebello again...conditions and weather out there are spectacular right now.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Happy birthday AR! Wish I could join you guys but I plan on hitting up STCP for the Ibis demo ride event. Planning on getting a new trail bike and tossing the XC setup. Plus, I would only slow you guys down. Have a great Bday!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassn View Post
    Happy birthday AR! Wish I could join you guys but I plan on hitting up STCP for the Ibis demo ride event. Planning on getting a new trail bike and tossing the XC setup. Plus, I would only slow you guys down. Have a great Bday!
    Thanks bassn ... Soares is looking for an Ibis and has suggested the SL for me as I am gonna get myself a full squishy. Looking for lightweight though ... as usual. That Norco 650b looks good also.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast