just another bleepin SSer

Appetite Seminar Photos

Here's some of the photos I took today from Appetite Seminar in Marin:

Conga Line making the climb:

Berry Steven's interesting way of doing a stream crossing:

It's not a whole roasted pig, but it is a beer bull pen...

Full set of photos here - http://www.facebook.com/p.php?i=5239...P6YM5DFEVJ3ZSP
    --
    Getting old, fat, and slow...
    自転車が好きだよ

Nature Rider, Not MTBer
    Coupla crappy camera phone pics...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    This is no time for levity. - Oliver Hardy

NedwannaB

You lucked out....

Quote Originally Posted by Plim
    First shot is pretty cool Mike. I started a little later and kept hoping to get up above the fog, to no avail. Even climbed up to Loma Alta after with no luck there either. I was spent anyway so I left the other surrounding summits alone!

Coors, the american beer.
    i got quite a few but wont be able to get to my camera cable till monday .... we were the guys drinking Budweiser tall cans at smokers knoll
    AZ has the best mountain bike gathering ever

Retro on Steroids
    Quote Originally Posted by Melt
    i got quite a few but wont be able to get to my camera cable till monday .... we were the guys drinking Budweiser tall cans at smokers knoll
    When I got to The Knoll about 9:00 I was the first to it. Maybe five of us up there, 'cuz we were going to show off the view to our out of town friends on their first Seminar. No view, cold wind, didn't hang any longer than water and a couple pokes. then hit the DH. Fog shortened the sight lines, made it pretty tricky.

Flat tire halfway down Pine Mountain spoiled my rhythm. Then when I got going again after ten or fifteen minutes, I had a slow crowd in front of me on the nice, steep and usually faster bottom part. Grrr.

There was a crowd at the top of Repack, but no one riding, so ****, I jumped right on it so no one could get ahead of me. Still caught a few people and on the wide road I had no trouble blowing past them. My second rip on the new HiFi 29er. Great run, nice and tacky from the rain, perfect conditions, this is the church where I worship.

My handle says it all.

bike geek
    Quote Originally Posted by Plim
    Well there I am dead center in the green. Hey can we get someone to pump this keg!

Quote Originally Posted by Repack Rider
    When I got to The Knoll about 9:00 I was the first to it. Maybe five of us up there, 'cuz we were going to show off the view to our out of town friends on their first Seminar. No view, cold wind, didn't hang any longer than water and a couple pokes. then hit the DH. Fog shortened the sight lines, made it pretty tricky.
    you guys musta passed us cause we were first ones in the parking lot at 630am and summited the road climb around 8ish ... i was on a silver enduro with a white usa jerzey and my friend was on a yellow cannondale with the lefty.

Live long and perspire
    Apr 2007
    Great ride huh boyz and girlz?
    Thanks for the pix; more please..........
    I started @ 6:30, reverse course, which I do every 10 years or so, so sorry to anyone I scared as I just BOMBED down the Green hill DH, which by the way was beautifully SUNNY and warm at that time! I hiked and cleared a VERY messy and long, lovely trail up @ about 10:30 to find Jacquie, Chris I, Von Ryan, Greenie, Scary Gary and many others sendind out mighty big smoke signals. I love this ride {28th. time for me, wheelies SAVED my life } SeeKay! And this time of year! MountainBikes............. the sport that weed built, is still alive and well as far as I can see.
    peace, G.

Spin-stabilized

My first Appetite Seminar ride

This year, I shunned the roast pig and decided to meet up with some friends who were coming from the great town of Davis and doing the Marin ride. I was up early, left the SC mountains at around 6:45. I saw a bunch of folks getting ready for the other Turkey Ride as I drove under the E. Main St bridge on 17.
    About an hour and a half later I was in Fairfax. Everyone from our group trickled in and we were off. It looked like there were a lot of early birds (no pun intended) as the rangers at the trailhead reported about 500+ riders had already hit the trail before us. They were lucky to have ridden in clearer skies. We had fog the whole time. Anyway, here are a few pictures:

Looks like clear skies in Marin?
    Photobucket" width="549">

The crew

Margarete was late but she motored up the road climb to catch up

Is that the top?

Save your strength boys and girls, there's more climbing ahead

Ah, finally at the Pine Mountain summit, I'll have to come back to see what the view is like

Darrell's bike - coolest headbadge ever

Turkey sighting on the ridge water/coffee station

Regroup at the bottom of the Repack DH - smells like burnt brake pads

Cool ride!
    Hey man, wanna go for a klunk?

Proud lame eBiker
    Awesome guys. Margarette late? Dare you say! hehehe, but at least she's strong and was able to catch up.

To bad I couldn't have made it. Family traditions just start too early for me to make it there and back by the time the turkey's hitting the table.
    www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.

EVnut
    Boy, I need a program to match all the new names I learned yesterday to the screen names. Mine is too easy, so you guys get to cheat! I'll get my pictures up early next week - can't do it from "the road." What a GREAT day. Was super to meet all of you - especially those of you who brought beer, chips, salsa, brownies.... you get the idea.
    -= Darell The EVnut

Trip the Bike Fantastic
    The seminar was definitely “in” yesterday. Seems like everyone can agree that though the views weren't there, the dirt was absolutely prime and the party was on.

I took an early warm-up ride up Loma Alta, and was sure I'd break out above the cloud layer to see an epic sunrise, but it was just as thick at the top. So I knew we were in for a socked-in day. The good thing was that the dirt stuck on the ground and was tacky like taffy on the way down.

Arrived at the Java Hut near 7:30 and cozied up to the free coffee while the horde descended. I waited to see friends. Met lots of new ones too – a few first timers from the East Bay totally blown away at the gathering, a few I recognized from years past, some righteous Hamana's. More coffee.

Duly amped, I rode out and up with a Hamana named Andy (not the crazy one). Chill ride to the ridge, where we split off and I got a groove on. Crawled my way up Oat Hill and snaked past the walkers. Made it to the split and ran into Paul & some other Drake coaches. We both realized that the mud there at the corner of Pine Mt. Truck Rd. - always the worst bit of the loop – was in really good shape, meaning the rest of the ride was only going to get better.

Played 'tog for some folks at the saddle and they repaid the favor. And I painshopped them out, no hard feelings folks!

Wasn't much going on at the Knoll when I got there aside from a few bottles being passed around. I tweaked my seat and kept moving. The view looking back as I descended was really cool though – I was with the runners at the time, and they mentioned how the scene looked like Scotland.

From turkeyride

From turkeyride

I ripped the descent with the shock finally softened up – mach 3 for me. Full suspension – who knew? Chugged back up to the ridge powered with the thought that BTC was about to hook me up with the goop. Thanks Jim, thanks Danny. Hi Steve! Nice to meet you Nick!

The real kickback action got going at the clubhouse. Pancakes, coffee, my oh my. Way to go, Josh! Hope the slush fund was good to you. I performed a thorough safety check on my headset, aided by some good buds, and watched the circus roll through.

One more grunt up to Repack, where the father-son tandem team kicked it up to the top alongside me. Right on you two! Opened the fork up and down I go, faster and faster, dialed all the corners, checking myself just enough around the ranger points. What a sweet ride.

Rolled up to See kay getting out of Elliott, and we talked history all the way back down to the party. Nice to meet you, Charlie. You were right, that was a f'n good time!

Couple of beers and it's time to stick a fork in me. I'm diggity done!

But not before checking out Gary Fisher's rig. What's up with that fork?
    From turkeyride

Now the weather's so nice I'm about to get out and do it all over again. Later!

From turkeyride

bicycle rider
    I put up pics and words about yesterday. Had a great time! Love you all, happy thanksgiving a little late. Hope you enjoyed it. I did!

http://www.hahaha.org/blog/morgan/?p=251
    http://www.wooljersey.com/gallery/v/...etite_seminar/

Morgan

heres a pic that sparkyJ snapped of me and my buddy ... not sure what im doing haha

aka baycat
    Great pics tim. So you got a nice white blur?

pro leisure tour

Good job!

"this is the church where I worship"

After 50 years, I finally found a religion I can get into! Thank you Charlie
    If you see someone without a smile, give them yours

YESBRO!!!
    nick and i
    a nice view from the top
    two grins
    joshn checking taco
    wendys' butt... is now for sexy time...

mtbr member

More Turkey

From Appetite_Seminar_08
" width="549">From Appetite_Seminar_08" width="549">From Appetite_Seminar_08" width="549">From Appetite_Seminar_08" width="549">
Last edited by Fairfaxian; 11-29-2008 at 12:25 PM.
I like to bike.
Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

YOUREGO ISNOT YOURAMIGO

Good Times Once Again

Yahoooooooooooooooo
    Banned for showing Boobies.

YOUREGO ISNOT YOURAMIGO

A couple more

Repack Roks
    Banned for showing Boobies.

Nature Rider, Not MTBer
    Great pics! Thanks!
    This is no time for levity. - Oliver Hardy

mtbr member
    6 inch travel bikes on Repack make me laugh.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by williamf777

post a pic of the bike you rode

pro leisure tour
    Quote Originally Posted by williamf777
    quote from the NASCAR guys "run what ya brung"
    If you see someone without a smile, give them yours

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkyJ
    quote from the NASCAR guys "run what ya brung"
    Im pretty sure my bike was the second oldest bike at that ride. The '83 Stumpy was the oldest.You might have heard the shriek of my single pivot side pull brakes. Heck you might even be one of the 5 or so people I passed on Repack. My bike pretty much sums up the phrase "run what you brung"

More pics of my bike can be found in this thread:
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...97#post4840997

mtbr member
    its too bad the radio died

mtbr member
    This ride looks like a lot of work great turnout.

One day I will pass up on the turkeys and pig and do this instead. maybe One of the rides needs to happen on Friday so we all can do both.

EVnut
    Here is the YUM group at our private post-ride festivities.

Lots more pictures here:
    http://darelldd.smugmug.com/gallery/...28069749_dTfaN
    -= Darell The EVnut

Thanksgiving day ... pine mtn!!

early mornin

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    And to think I spent Thanksgiving morning in the kitchen with the in-laws. Thanks for the pics everybody. It's (almost) like being there.

• Members who have read this thread: 0