I am lost, I'm no guide

Anyone at Wilder today?

That wind this morning kicked my ass! It seemed like no matter what trail I was on or what direction I was going in, if I wasn't protected by the trees, the wind was in my face, absolutely killing me. Trails are muddy and rutted right now too. Dairy Mill is pretty gnarly in spots.

Anyone been on Enchanted Loop? Old Cabin has a tree down blocking the trail above the creek crossing on the way to Eucalyptus Loop. There's another tree down on Euc. loop heading towards Bobcat trail. Lot of dismouting today. Not a memorable ride. I'm going to try Delaveaga tomarrow and hopefully have a better ride! Thank god for hot coffee and warm muffins at Emilys after the ride.

The worst day riding is still better than the best day at work though...

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Those trails are closed....even to you

Quote Originally Posted by gobike
    That wind this morning kicked my ass! It seemed like no matter what trail I was on or what direction I was going in, if I wasn't protected by the trees, the wind was in my face, absolutely killing me. Trails are muddy and rutted right now too. Dairy Mill is pretty gnarly in spots.

Anyone been on Enchanted Loop? Old Cabin has a tree down blocking the trail above the creek crossing on the way to Eucalyptus Loop. There's another tree down on Euc. loop heading towards Bobcat trail. Lot of dismouting today. Not a memorable ride. I'm going to try Delaveaga tomarrow and hopefully have a better ride! Thank god for hot coffee and warm muffins at Emilys after the ride.

The worst day riding is still better than the best day at work though...
    Enchanted is closed for the season....and if Dairy Mill is the trail that I'm thinking of.....it's closed, too. Accept my apologies if I'm wrong, but if not....Stay off of the closed trails. You'll get us all kicked out.

I am lost, I'm no guide
    Quote Originally Posted by WarrGuru
    Enchanted is closed for the season....and if Dairy Mill is the trail that I'm thinking of.....it's closed, too. Accept my apologies if I'm wrong, but if not....Stay off of the closed trails. You'll get us all kicked out.
    I never said that I rode Enchanted (which is probably why I asked if anyone had ridden it and what the conditions were like) but thanks for the note on the closure. If Dairy Mill is closed, than they just closed it this morning because I've ridden it twice (accessing it from Zane Grey trail) in the past two weeks and as recently as yesterday with no sign closures on either end of ZG or Wilder Ridge Loop. Apology accepted, now stop acting like a Fred...

For what its worth, Delaveaga is in much better shape right now.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

My bad

Quote Originally Posted by gobike
    I never said that I rode Enchanted (which is probably why I asked if anyone had ridden it and what the conditions were like) but thanks for the note on the closure. If Dairy Mill is closed, than they just closed it this morning because I've ridden it twice (accessing it from Zane Grey trail) in the past two weeks and as recently as yesterday with no sign closures on either end of ZG or Wilder Ridge Loop. Apology accepted, now stop acting like a Fred...

For what its worth, Delaveaga is in much better shape right now.
    Yep. I was wrong. Fred?....I'm more like Barney.