mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Anyone in the south bay have a newish Med Trek Top Fuel available for a test pedal?

Heyo,
    I am looking for a new xc race bike to replace my hardtail. I have heard alot of good things about the Trek Top Fuels. I have asked several local shops if they have one to demo. They all have the same answer- "xc race bikes don't sell well so we do not stock them, but if you give a deposit we can order one". Does anyone in the South Bay area have one in medium (2017-2018) that I could pedal around? We can ride together, you can ride my 2017 Pivot 429Trail. I will throw in a 6 pack of your choice. Let me know. I am bummed these bikes are so hard to come by.
    No disrespect to anyone, but I do not want this thread to turn into a "instead of that bike, check this one out" or "That bike is junk buy a (insert other brand/model) instead".
    Thanks for the read.
    Brian

J-Flo
    Apr 2012
    They don’t come in “medium” but have number sizes. My son still has his 2017 race bike, an 18.5 inch Top Fuel 9.9 RSL with all the trimmings. It has the RockShox RS-1 fork, which he liked, and a lot of new parts. Bike is in Berkeley and in great condition. Not sure if this is the right size or model for you, but PM me if any interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fc
    head minion Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by MoHillBri View Post
    Heyo,
    I am looking for a new xc race bike to replace my hardtail. I have heard alot of good things about the Trek Top Fuels. I have asked several local shops if they have one to demo. They all have the same answer- "xc race bikes don't sell well so we do not stock them, but if you give a deposit we can order one". Does anyone in the South Bay area have one in medium (2017-2018) that I could pedal around? We can ride together, you can ride my 2017 Pivot 429Trail. I will throw in a 6 pack of your choice. Let me know. I am bummed these bikes are so hard to come by.
    No disrespect to anyone, but I do not want this thread to turn into a "instead of that bike, check this one out" or "That bike is junk buy a (insert other brand/model) instead".
    Thanks for the read.
    Brian
    That bike is rrrrrad!
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Hey thanks for the reply. After some looking around I think I am in the search for a 17.5" to pedal round. Being 5'8" I think that is the size for me. It is wild, you see them a lot at the races and people seem to love them yet no stores nearby carry them. The search continues...