mtbr member

Anyone riding the Wildflower?

Anyone riding the Wildflower Century coming up on May 1st? I rode the "mildflower" 65 mile route last year, but this time I'm going for the full century. Crossing my fingers for some good weather!
    "Got everything you need?"

mtbr member
    Nov 2008

Smile Wild Lemurian weekend

Warm up with the Lemurian then ride the wildflower, spend lots of time drinking the local brew,classic weekend.

Vegan Athlete
    My team mates and I are. Lemurian on Saturday, 70 mile version of the Wildflower on Sunday, we cut out the flat section to Durham, etc. It's a great recovery ride following Lemurian.
    Take a look at and consider "liking" my Vegan Athlete Facebook page.

mtbr member
    I'll be down, but only for the dirt and grass trails. I do miss riding the Wildflower though.

mtbr member
    I usually do the Lemurian/Wildflower Two-fer too. But this year they're the weekend before the Tour of the Unknown Coast, www.tuccycle.org. I'm the director of the TUC and gotta be careful to not overdo myself going into that. Soooo, "just" the Lemurian this year, one of my rare chances to be on the other side of the starting line.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Yeah, Humboldt County is way the %#@* up there, but worth it!"

mtbr member
    I really wish I could ride the TUC, but my schedule would not allow it. Next year it's going on the calendar EARLY. I've hiked the Lost Coast a few times and stayed on occasion at the Albee Creek campground, and I just love that area. I can only imagine how awesome riding a century there will be.

mtbr member

Rapha Continental | Tour of the Unknown Coast | Humboldt, CA from RAPHA on Vimeo.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoHeadsBrewing
    I really wish I could ride the TUC, but my schedule would not allow it. Next year it's going on the calendar EARLY. I've hiked the Lost Coast a few times and stayed on occasion at the Albee Creek campground, and I just love that area. I can only imagine how awesome riding a century there will be.
    "Yeah, Humboldt County is way the %#@* up there, but worth it!"

mtbr member
    Stoked, made it through my first century and felt pretty good the entire way through. Ate a LOT at the rest stops, but mostly fruits and other things easy to digest. A little over 6 hours for 102 miles and 5300 feet of climbing. Not the fastest time, but now that I know I can do it I'll push myself harder for the next one. The headwind for the last 30 miles was a killer, but was lucky enough to hook up with a good 20-22mph group for most of it.

My next century will likely be up in Lake Almanor for the Mile High Century. Only 3200 feet of climbing, but it should be a good challenge at that altitude. Anyone know of some good century rides north of San Francisco over the next month? Or for that matter, mountain bike races?