mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Anyone riding Wilder Ranch, Santa Cruz this weekend?

Hi all,

I am curious to know if anyone is planning to ride Wilder Ranch this weekend? I never have
    but heard it's great.

Let me know if you are. I can go either Saturday or Sunday.

I am about an intermediate rider.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Man, you missed out this past weekend with Team Social Pace!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    MBOSC has their weekly club ride. Saturday, 10am at the sign (it is right after the tunnel as you go under the freeway from the main park area/parking lot). Details here -

Weekly Ride | Mountain Bikers of Santa Cruz (MBOSC)

That said, I rode last Sunday and conditions were decent, though a tad dusty/sandy in places. If plans go through, I will probably ride *part* of Wilder sunday, but nothing set there.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by norbyd View Post
    Hi all,

I am curious to know if anyone is planning to ride Wilder Ranch this weekend? I never have
    but heard it's great.

Let me know if you are. I can go either Saturday or Sunday.

I am about an intermediate rider.

Thanks.
    We'll be riding from Aptos to Demo to do a few loops and back down the same way. It will be a bit of a long ride but well worth it, at least IMO....

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I was just there yesterday, they just graded all the fire roads. It's dusty and dry and will most likely be hot this weekend. The single track trails were in pretty good shape though

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by JFA*SC View Post
    I was just there yesterday, they just graded all the fire roads. It's dusty and dry and will most likely be hot this weekend. The single track trails were in pretty good shape though
    This assessment is the best until now.

The MBoSC ride is Saturday morning as I mentioned, and that is probably your best bet if you want to ride with others.

If you end up going by yourself, consult the map at the bottom and depending on your interest in length, the single track worth exploring is Old Cabin, Wild Boor and Enchanted.

For me, conditions last weekend will require that I revisit my tires and pressure. I was skipping/skidding too much. I will be riding Sunday but with a n00b group and only hitting a small part of Wilder.

-j