mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Anyone familiar with Arroyo Seco, Indian Rd.?

This is the popular swimming hole location outside of Soledad. Legal mountain biking on the closed road. I'm interested in knowing how steep the road gets. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Shoot devo an email. He's posted here before about a ride he did through Arroyo Seco.

asanacycles@mac.com

I'd like to try it out too.

Chris
    "Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, holy crap, what a ride!!" - author unknown

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Old thread

Quote Originally Posted by frubit
    This is the popular swimming hole location outside of Soledad. Legal mountain biking on the closed road. I'm interested in knowing how steep the road gets. Thanks.
    There was a whole thread on this a few months ago. Try the MTBR search function...

Los Padres National Forest - Arroyo Seco
    Romani ite domum

mtbr member
    Devo's thread...

57hrs

Chris
    "Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, holy crap, what a ride!!" - author unknown

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    The fire road is 18 mile one way and goes to the indians. The first part has one 3 minute steep section before the long climb. The long climb is about 1800 feet of elevation gain. It has a few steep section about 12-14% that only last a minutes but evrything else is just rollers 4-8% mostley. Then you enter into whats called hanging valley. Its rollers intel you get into the quick decent. At the bottom of the grade you will go by Escendido (sp) camp. I think its only 3 or four miles from there intel you get to the indians camp ground. It usually takes me 3 hours round trip. Could take you longetr depending on your fitness and how long you stop along the way.
    As far as water geos I have got it out of the stream before with no problems, but drink at your own risk. It will get hot back there this time of year. THere is one section about 20 feet you have to hike a bike but no big deal.

Good Luck!
    Santa Cruz Bikes, Fox Shocks, Sock Guy, Fiberwise Pasta, Recover-ease, Carb-Boom, Granite Construction Co., Hayes Disc Brakes