• 12-16-2012
    Cobak04
    Any riders in the Sac area?
    Hey,

Im new to the forums and started riding a lot in the last year. I ride with my uncles mostly, but im looking to improve my riding more. I was wondering if there were any riders in the sac area who maybe wanted to ride with me? I know the best way to improve is to ride with someone better and to get off my butt and ride, scheduling something with people definately helps.

I have been riding Granite Bay and the upper Auburn Loop off forest hill road mostly. Ive been getting more into downhill and freeriding lately so if there are any freeride/downhill racing guys in the area who might want to hang out and ride some time that would be super awesome.

thanks!
  • 12-16-2012
    Brewtality
    There are plenty of riders in the sac area. Most of the riding is focused in the Folsom Lake and Auburn areas, as you have already figured out. There are good trails at Pena Adobe in Vacaville that are just as easy to drive to.
    As for meeting other riders, check out MeetUp. There is several local MeetUp groups in the area, most notably Hammerin' Wheels.
    If you are up for night riding, the Folsom Breakouts ride every Tuesday night out of Folsom. Ride time is 6:00. They always welcome new riders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 12-16-2012
    Cobak04
    awesome thanks for the info. I already joined the Hammerin' Wheels meetup group but ill have to check out the Folsom Breakouts...I take it they ride the Granite Bay Folsom area? or is it another area of folsom lake?

Thanks again.
  • 12-16-2012
    Brewtality
    AFAIK, The Breakouts cycle through three different rides. Granite Bay, Dyke 8 and Lake Natomas Loop.
    However, I am not a Breakout and can not speak for them. All I know is they respond well to beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 12-16-2012
    Overhillthruthewoods
    I will ride with you... Send me a pm.
  • 12-16-2012
    Cobak04
    thanks, sending PM
  • 12-17-2012
    T Woo
    The other ride at Folsom is Darrington Trail, AKA Salmon Fall. and there is another across the road, forgot the name both are out and back,
  • 12-17-2012
    mestapho
    You can shoot me a PM as well. I do a lot of riding
    around Folsom and El Dorado Hills during the week around lunchish (11:30-12)
  • 12-17-2012
    James.Hamilton
    Another one here from Carmichael (between sac and folsom). My rides have been few and far between since my daughter was born in September but I would like to ride with others as well. I am familiar with most of the trails in the Folsom Auburn area. I am more of a low air diet xc guy but miles are miles. I also have lights and enjoy riding at night. I have done a number of Folsom lake trails after dark and they are a blast.
  • 12-18-2012
    johnthirsty
    Are there any maps of the Adobe Pena trails available anywhere?
  • 12-18-2012
    Finch Platte
    If you don't mind a little bit of a drive, check out Hogan Lake, out of Valley Springs. I'd be glad to show you around, just pm me. There are folks you could carpool with in Sacto.

Hogan thread here: http://forums.mtbr.com/california-no...od-829271.html

SCAAB website: Index It needs to be updated, but basic info is there. You can also search OGREHUT for more CA trails in your area.