screamer

Any MTB rides around Cloverdale?

As the title says, I'm on the hunt for dirt rides around cloverdale. Staying at the KOA with family & looking to get away for a couple of hours, not enough time unfortunately to drive to Annadel or Boggs (1hr min. each way). So far I've come up with nothing, even after exploring Strava in an entirely non-judgmental, etiquette-attentive, anti-litigious, poach-averse manner. Might have to ride the road bike as a last resort (ugh)!

Any info would be much appreciated!
    On heavy rotation: White Lung: Deep Fantasy

rod skinner
    Oct 2005
    Lake Sonoma

screamer
    Quote Originally Posted by norton55 View Post
    Lake Sonoma
    Ha! Thanks! Just came up with that myself (duh.. Remedial map-reading skills). Might try some or all of the Sonomas course if I'm feeling frisky. Any particular trails that you'd recommend in the park?

rod skinner
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by budgie View Post
    Ha! Thanks! Just came up with that myself (duh.. Remedial map-reading skills). Might try some or all of the Sonomas course if I'm feeling frisky. Any particular trails that you'd recommend in the park?
    I have never had the chance to ride there, yet it is only 50 min from my place near the coast. Anyway all of my pals have ridden there and it all sounds good. Just watch the temp's as get's really hot. If you have family there is a great picnic area just west of Cloverdale w/ bar-b-que pits and water access on the lake. Google Lake Sonoma for info.

screamer
    Thanks for the tips!

rod skinner
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by budgie View Post
    Thanks for the tips!
    Not sure when you are going to be there, but there is a really good brew pub in town called Ruth McGowens. They got really good beer and good food. There is a drive in called Pic's with really good burgers and on Friday nights they have a farmers market and live music in the plaza. My in-laws live in town so that's how I know about the local scene.

Have fun.