mtbr member
    May 2010

Any good trails around Stockton?

I'm new to MTB and have been riding mostly road in and around Stockton, but I want to get my bike dirty! My friend and I are looking to do some weekend riding and are looking for any local singletrack that is not too technical, but would provide a few hours of fun. Any and all local trail info would be greatly appreciated! Maybe even make some new riding buddies in the area!

Sweat is just fat crying.
    Quote Originally Posted by cry4dawn
    I'm new to MTB and have been riding mostly road in and around Stockton, but I want to get my bike dirty! My friend and I are looking to do some weekend riding and are looking for any local singletrack that is not too technical, but would provide a few hours of fun. Any and all local trail info would be greatly appreciated! Maybe even make some new riding buddies in the area!
    Hola-

I'm in Stockton, too, and the closest thing we have is Hogan, 45 minutes away. http://www.scaab.bikeaddict.com/about.html <------ hasn't been updated in a lonnnnnng time. Check out Ogrehut.com, too for more local stuff.

Let me know if you want to hook up, I'll give you the tour.

Gary
    Information on the trails at New Hogan Lake, Calaveras County, CA.

mtbr member
    My Advice, Move,Stockton is NO BUENO!
    " And Alexander wept ,for there were no more worlds to conquer" Hans Gruber..... Die Hard

ol'guy who says hi &waves
    A little farther than Hogan, is New Melones Resevoir's Glory Hole. The trails are beginner to intermediate friendly.

I may not have the best of everything, but I have the best everything that matters.

mtbr member
    Send me a pm. I'll take you around.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte
    Hola-

Let me know if you want to hook up

Gary
    This is not that kind of site.

mtbr member
    May 2010

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte
    Hola-

I'm in Stockton, too, and the closest thing we have is Hogan, 45 minutes away. http://www.scaab.bikeaddict.com/about.html <------ hasn't been updated in a lonnnnnng time. Check out Ogrehut.com, too for more local stuff.

Let me know if you want to hook up, I'll give you the tour.

Gary
    Sounds like a plan. I usually ride pavement during the week after work, but I'm open on weekend, but I tend to sleep in (until after 10am), so morning rides aren't good for me. I'll have to swap my tires to do trails, so a little advance notice is necessary.

Thanks!

Get it...
    Feb 2010
    I live in Stockton as well. I like to ride the trail at Dry Creek in Modesto, nice little newbie run. I have only been riding a little while but have made a few trips to bay area/marin, lots of fun and not that far. I would love to meet some new buddies to ride with. Somebody, hit me up!!!

Sweat is just fat crying.
    Whatever happens to these people? They post about wanting to meet riders in the Stockton area and want to know where the trails are. Then we never hear from them again!
    Information on the trails at New Hogan Lake, Calaveras County, CA.

Get it...
    Feb 2010
    I relocated to Bay area, but still riding...sorry bud...

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    A co-worker is riding around at Round Valley, Byron-ish area off Marsh Creek Rd near Los Vaqueros Reservoir.

been meaning to join him on some weekend but don't think my ancient bike can handle much off road

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Im in Modesto and ride with a couple buddies of mine just about every Saturday morning. We've hit New Melones a couple of times, there are some great trails up there, from beginner to intermediate/advanced (or so it says), Me and my friends hit the intermediate trails and they were great! Dry creak is pretty easy, lots of different small trails off the main trail.

I know this is an old thread, just thought I'd throw my opinion of these local trails.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Hello! I live in Modesto and I'm new to mt biking. Would like to ride and meet new friends who are into the sport and don't mind trolling along a newbe to show him the trails. Sorry for posting on an old thread but better late than not posting at all.

mtbr member

Wait Dude Don't Start The Dis...

Quote Originally Posted by the enabler View Post
    My Advice, Move,Stockton is NO BUENO!
    Stockton is way cool there are not too many opportunities to get dirty but if you get creative you can have a lot of fun. White Slough Rec Area has lots of ridable trails. There are several bike trails ( they're paved but there is dirt along them, The Calaveras River Trail, Fourteen Mile Slough, Bear Creek Trail, and there is a whole 'other catagory of urban trails to configure on your own. Don't be confined to the recreation areas get out and ride!