mtbr member

Any Coast Daries updates

Really looking forward to some new riding options. Any info when we should expect this opening?

mtbr member

Primo conditions at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Dpca10 View Post
    Really looking forward to some new riding options. Any info when we should expect this opening?
    If you are referring to the NOR-CAL - Mendocino Coast, conditions are ideal at the moment. The Double and Triple Double loops were recently ridden and conditions were perfect. I've been trying my new I9 wheelset and what a difference the stiffness brings to perfect trail conditions. Better than sex!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RooHarris View Post
    If you are referring to the NOR-CAL - Mendocino Coast, conditions are ideal at the moment. The Double and Triple Double loops were recently ridden and conditions were perfect. I've been trying my new I9 wheelset and what a difference the stiffness brings to perfect trail conditions. Better than sex!
    Thanks Roo, thats good info as well. Im asking about the ongoing trail project on highway 1 near Davenport

Over it
    Jun 2010
    The last update I saw (August?) from MBOSC was that the project had slowed down because of the new administration and lots of changes at the federal level. I think it's going to be a few years down the road.
    Nice e-bike! (sorry about your penis)

The broken are the more evolved. Rejoice.

fc
    head minion Administrator
    No news is bad news for the near future. It's slowing down like molasses with administration and approvals. It's fully funded with millions but seems like we have to sit and wait for final approval and go through all the rounds of objections.

We had a bike industry consortium that met regularly but it's been a while since we don't really have action items right now. I'll check in and see if there's official word on status.
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Is this the San Vicente/Cemex property? If it is I can check to see if any of my colleagues that worked on it have updates too...

mtbr member
    I live just up the hill from there. Nothing is happening, and the local NIMBY bigots are digging in their heels.

mtbr member
    And people wonder why illegal trails are built... sheesh

mtbr member
    Hey all,

The BLM is hoping to begin the Coast Dairies Planning process this May. The local field staff (who would be doing the planning) are waiting for final approval from Washington to begin. The BLM and Dept of Interior as a whole have been in some turmoil with new the administration so its hard to say if the May date will happen. When the planning process does kick off it will begin with lots of public outreach. This will consist of surveying and public meetings. As a community we mountain bikers are going to need to get super involved! We here at MBOSC will be putting in lots of time helping to organize the community to engage in the planning process and ask for your help when the time comes.

After the initial public outreach is complete the BLM will draft a plan and bring it back to the public for additional feedback. Once the plan is approved it will undergo environmental review and then it will be time to implement. This is a long arduous process but the payoff is potentially pretty big for mountain bikers if we make a good showing!

Regarding San Vicente Redwoods, the public access plan has been completed by the Land Trust of Santa Cruz County and is awaiting final approval by the owners of the property (POST and Sempervirens Fund). The Land Trust has done a super thorough job so hopefully approval comes quick! From there the plan will go to the county for permitting and environmental review. Depending on how this goes we may be building trail there in Fall 2019!

Please don't hesitate to reach out with further questions. Email is best as I dont always make it over here to Nor Cal forum. Also get on the MBOSC mailing list at Mountain Bikers of Santa Cruz – World-Class Mountain Biking if you want to hear the latest and greatest.

Best,
    --
    Matt De Young
    Executive Director
    Mountain Bikers of Santa Cruz
    matt@mbosc.org
    Mountain Bikers of Santa Cruz – World-Class Mountain Biking