Your killing my Strava

Another Hunting Hollow question.

So I drove up Gilroy Springs rd till It dead ended. I thought there was going to be a parking lot for the coyote creek entrance. I came to a bridge with a gate across it saying park closed. Is that gate always there? Where do you normally park for the coyote creek entrance?

Silence! I kill you!
    Yeap, that gate is always closed.

Last year they had signs up that said NO PARKING along both the road and near the gate, but I believe they took them down since I've seen lots of people parking there near the gate.

Personally I just park at Hunting Hollow and ride up to the entrance. It makes a nice warmup getting to the trails
    My Website:
    Scott Mosher Photography

My Recent Shoots
    The Blog

dude with orange car
    The Coyote Creek entrance is the gated fire road to the right of the bridge. The bridge and land beyond is currently off limits. There is no parking lot, but you can park in a few spaces near the entrance, and there are a few spots along the road just before there.

For day use on weekends I'll park there rather than do the 2 mile road burn to and from trails. For nights I'd use Hunting Hollow. They temporarily closed the parking there (like jorgemonkey said) because of drug issues.

I especially like Coyote Creek during the winter. A two mile road ride at 33 degrees is no fun at all.
    This is no time for levity. - Oliver Hardy