mtbr member

Annadel conditions update

From the friendly ranger:

Greetings Annadel Lovers,

Here is the latest information we have about Annadel Trails. There are many trails we do not have reports for; weather has been too unsafe for staff and volunteers to inspect trails this week.

Please be safe, be respectful of fragile conditions, don't make a go-around, and let us know what you find and exactly where. We recommend that bikes and horses continue to let the park rest until we have several consecutive days of DRY weather. We anticipate opening Channel Drive to vehicular traffic on Saturday morning if conditions allow.

TWO QUARRY CLOSED TO ALL USERS between Warren Richardson and the upper fire road at Frey Canyon Overlook. Please do not attempt this trail. There may be more dangerous mud slides and massive trees falling. Please do not attempt to go see the waterfall due to the dangerous conditions. Staff and volunteers are going to work on this on Saturday, so please do not impede their efforts. The trail will most likely remain closed into next week.

SOUTH BURMA CLOSED TO ALL USERS due to limbs: Trails Council will most likely get this cleared on Monday.

NORTH BURMA CLOSED TO ALL USERS between Channel Drive and Live Oak Trails due to the monster boulder. The 5" of trail on the crumbly downhill side may be worsened and eroded even more. Please do not attempt this trail.

MARSH TRAIL CLOSED TO HORSES between the bathroom and Buick Meadow. The previosly reported large fir tree has not been cleared.

TRAIL CROSSING at TWO QUARRY and MARSH intersection is very deep and fragile. Please do not go around into the meadow. Water is reported to be as much as waist deep. The bathroom remains locked due to run-off. Staff will inspect it Saturday afternoon.

SPILLWAY CROSSING at Lake Ilsanjo may be as much as a foot deep, so the crossing on Spring Creek will be wide, deep and swift as well.
    The lake valve is open full right now. Staff will monitor the lake levels and close the valve when appropriate according to conditions.

CANYON TRAIL has been reported this afternoon as worsened erosion above the hair-pin turn, as much as two feet wide and deep. Please use caution! A go-around was also reported on Canyon Trail: please do not contribute to widening trails with go-arounds. ATP and Trails Council will be hard at work Sunday on Canyon.

Thank you for your detailed reporting!!

Sarah Reid
    Volunteer Coordinator
    Annadel State Park
    Sarah.Reid@parks.ca.gov
    功夫大师喜欢骑着他的自行车在山上。

Trail Gnome Moderator
    Photo courtesey of Big Fil...better bring a snorkel
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That makes me smart
    A waterfall, huh?

Hmmmm.
    "I can almost smell the alcohol oozing from that post."

mtnbkrmike

A global map of winds. Pretty cool.

NedwannaB
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    A waterfall, huh?

Hmmmm.
    Update: Tree was cleared today you can go see the waterfall tomorrow if your flubug has passed.
    Wait whuuut, who did he tell you that!?!?....

YOUREGO ISNOT YOURAMIGO
    Quote Originally Posted by griz View Post
    Photo courtesey of Big Fil...better bring a snorkel
    Wheres this?
    Parking on Channel dr?

Sent from somewhere out there.
    Banned for showing Boobies.

Trail Gnome Moderator
    At the boat ramp parking lot

mtbr member
    Any update on trail conditions now that we've had a few nicer days?

NedwannaB
    Quote Originally Posted by jcnoordsij View Post
    Any update on trail conditions now that we've had a few nicer days?
    Pretty sloppy as of last weekend. This coming deluge will no doubt be adding to it..

mtbr member
    Has anyone been over on the Lawndale / Schultz / Ridge side lately? I know Ridge had a bunch of downed trees a while back.

Trail Gnome Moderator
    See post #2

mtbr member
    See post #2
    Oh, I thought that was somewhere else but now I get where it is. Yikes.

Trail Gnome Moderator
    I haven't been to Annadel in a couple weeks. That place is always muddy during the Winter; there are a few trails there that drain well but, I'd give it a while. We've been getting a lot of rain, and more is on the way The only way to really know is...go check it out and post up some pics

NedwannaB
    Quote Originally Posted by JT79 View Post
    Oh, I thought that was somewhere else but now I get where it is. Yikes.
    If you're still in the Valley of the Moon it should be a pretty good rain gauge to what's happening on the East side of the park. They got swamped Sunday and yesterday.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Any updates from the locals? Have tomorrow off and thinking to drive up to Annadel.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikericci View Post
    Any updates from the locals? Have tomorrow off and thinking to drive up to Annadel.
    If I were you I probably wouldn't drive all that far to check it out. I will go poke around in the next few days (because I live 10-15 minutes away) and report back with pictures.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    I emailed the park volunteer and here's the current status. I stayed away and hit Rockville instead.

It’s beautiful here today! The trails are thrashed. This mornings’ latest news is that the Channel Drive gate is open as of 9:45 AM. The big fir tree on Two Quarry was cleared yesterday by volunteers. There are large trees down on South Burma (might be cleared today, Friday), two on Ridge, two on Marsh between Buick Meadow and the backcountry bathroom. Ridge Trail will continue to be extremely muddy and damaged up near the Marsh. IMBA riding etiquette would say either ride THROUGH the mud or avoid the trail entirely to preserve it. Canyon Trail has become dangerously rutted with erosion above the hair-pin turn, please use caution. Erosion ruts are also deep along Richardson as you head down to the lake from South Burma intersection.

Going around muddy spots, downed trees, water elements create even more maintenance that cannot be accomplished with State Park funding. Please help preserve the trails: by giving the trails time to rest and recover now gives everyone the opportunity to enjoy them more when they dry out.

Please help us out: if you come across a tree down across the trail, or any other hazardous conditions, please take a photo, note the exact location and call or email us with the info. 707-539-3911 or neill.fogarty@parks.ca.gov.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    thinking of riding Annadel on Friday. Has the trails dried out enough to ride or look elsewhere.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    going on the comment by mikericci right above yours, I don't think it sounds like it will be ready to go in a week.

but I always err on the conservative side when it comes to trail preservation.

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Anyone been up there in the last couple days that can give an update on trail conditions?

mtbr member
    Mud isn't an issue in most of the park, but there are a LOT of down trees and debris on the trails.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    i'm gonna go up canyon and down spring today. have time for a quick ride before date night.
    Santa Cruz 5010 C
    Surly Crosscheck.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Still a lot of downed trees?

Trails to stay away from?

mtbr member
    How was Annadel today anyone? I'm thinking of going up tomorrow if it's not too muddy.

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    I rode wr, 2 quarry, marsh, pig flat, ridge, marsh, S Burma and n burma.

Ran into one downed tree blocking ridge which I reported when done. Overall it was highly rideable with some mud on ridge in the expected spots.

Only n Burma felt like it really wasn't quite ready to ride as the upper section was pretty muddy and the bottom of lower n Burma had mud and running water.

Big old downed tree in 2 quarry that's been cut to allow traffic. Huck it cat says that's a feature.

NedwannaB
    It's not too muddy. Ride it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Lawndale was tits - go get it

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Rode there today.

Great weather, trails in excellent shape considering.

In a case of Nominative Determinism, the most puddles I encountered were on… Marsh.

Parked at Lawndale, over to Schultz via road, Ridge/Marsh and down to South Burma.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by JMac47 View Post
    It's not too muddy. Ride it.
    hey JMac, do you think north burma would be less muddy by this weekend? was hoping to do canyon-->buick meadow-->down south burma-->down north burma-->live oak to rough to-->down cobble stone

thanks!
    94 Specialized Rockhopper

mtbr member
    Did a quick up and back yesterday afternoon, trying to get my legs back under me after being off the bike for two months. Went down Spring Creek and except for the emergency spillway crossing the trail was in great shape.

The emergency spillway must've dumped an awful lot of water. The crossing was completely reconfigured with a crapload of new boulders thrown in there to stop the erosion.
    One gear for all, 'cus one is all you need.

NedwannaB
    Quote Originally Posted by dth656 View Post
    hey JMac, do you think north burma would be less muddy by this weekend? was hoping to do canyon-->buick meadow-->down south burma-->down north burma-->live oak to rough to-->down cobble stone

thanks!
    It's all less muddy right now! Come and get some of it!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    awesome! thanks for the update!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to JMac47 again.
    94 Specialized Rockhopper

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckha62 View Post
    Did a quick up and back yesterday afternoon, trying to get my legs back under me after being off the bike for two months. Went down Spring Creek and except for the emergency spillway crossing the trail was in great shape.

The emergency spillway must've dumped an awful lot of water. The crossing was completely reconfigured with a crapload of new boulders thrown in there to stop the erosion.
    you dont drive a big dodge do you?

and that crossing repair is gonna cause them headaches in the long run..i almost ate it on the last portion..hahah..i was watching a jogging lady..duh.
    Santa Cruz 5010 C
    Surly Crosscheck.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I rode Annadel this morning. It's amazing how much it has dried up from Saturday. Hero dirt!

@boomchakabowwow - I'm local and ride there often (~2000 miles/year). I drive a big dodge truck.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomchakabowwow View Post
    you dont drive a big dodge do you?

and that crossing repair is gonna cause them headaches in the long run..i almost ate it on the last portion..hahah..i was watching a jogging lady..duh.
    No, I live within a mile and a half of the Park Trail entrance, so I always use the road as a warm up.

I would have ridden that section across the spillway, except I haven't been on my bike for 2 months and chickened out. Incidentally, there was a jogging young lady there when I crossed too (around 6:20 PM).

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by tincan View Post
    I rode Annadel this morning. It's amazing how much it has dried up from Saturday. Hero dirt!

@boomchakabowwow - I'm local and ride there often (~2000 miles/year). I drive a big dodge truck.
    maybe i met you the other day? silver tacoma..i was going in, you were loading up the bike..if that was you.
    Santa Cruz 5010 C
    Surly Crosscheck.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    at least down here in Oakland, we received a fair amount of rain this week.

Is Annadel a no go for Saturday, March 25th?

was close to excellent the last two weekends I went.

mtbr member
    thanks for the updates on this. i cant wait to explore up there next month as the weather is becoming better by the day.

mtbr member
    Will be there this weekend, this week is going to dry everything out perfectly.

NedwannaB
    Rode the peripheral fire road routes up there yesterday i.e. Spring Lake, up Canyon,Lake Tr, down WP Rich and back out Channel Dr etc. I'm sure this weeks sunny breezy weather will help out most of the open areas but imagine there will still be risidual runoff leaching in the usual wet places.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    i really need to up my riding..trying to get into elk hunting shape while preserving my knees. go time!!

i'll check it out today. it is damn near HOT weather now. i cant imagine with this breeze it wont be bone dry soon.
    Santa Cruz 5010 C
    Surly Crosscheck.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Rode Annadel this morning. Marsh has a little mud/puddles in the usual spots. 2Q has water running down the middle of the rocky section (this is typical). The rest of 2Q is pretty dry. The fire roads are are fine with a little run-off from the hills. I stayed off Ridge because that trail is the last to dry out.

With the warmer temps, the trails should be very good by this weekend!

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    off topic..the wild turkey were going off yesterday. spring season of LOVING for them and the boys are gobbling.

had a good time riding, except i kept stopping to look for birds. trails are still wet, but the dirt is not that clingy anyways.
    Santa Cruz 5010 C
    Surly Crosscheck.

NedwannaB
    off topic..the wild turkey were going off yesterday. spring season of LOVING for them and the boys are gobbling.

had a good time riding, except i kept stopping to look for birds. trails are still wet, but the dirt is not that clingy anyways.
    Several groups of boys in velvet grazing together on my ride. Soon they'll break up and go all out solo fighting for the girls!

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    That friggin switchback at the top of two-quarry is gonna be under water for another month! It was about a foot deep in January, at least isn't that bad now. Overall the dirt is awesome, plenty of grip. Anyone been over ridge lately?

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by chute View Post
    That friggin switchback at the top of two-quarry is gonna be under water for another month! It was about a foot deep in January, at least isn't that bad now. Overall the dirt is awesome, plenty of grip. Anyone been over ridge lately?
    I went up Schultz to ridge all then way to marsh then back up marsh and out lawndale today.

Ridge is funny, there are parts on upper ridge with mud and standing water, plus tre climb against the drainage section as little streams still, but other sections are almost looking too dry already. The warm temps and breeze should help but i expect it won't be great until after the weekend.

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Off topic question. What tires do those who ride a lot of Annadel prefer for spring/summer?

I love the grip on my dhr 2s but I might want to try something with better rolling resistance see if I can get up those climbs faster.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukas View Post
    Off topic question. What tires do those who ride a lot of Annadel prefer for spring/summer?

I love the grip on my dhr 2s but I might want to try something with better rolling resistance see if I can get up those climbs faster.
    I used WTB Vigilante 2.3s front and back last year. Before those I used the Bronsons, which did seem to roll better, but not as much edge grip though. I've seen people up there with Ardents a lot.

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    That friggin switchback at the top of two-quarry is gonna be under water for another month! It was about a foot deep in January
    The little dip crossing on Schultz before you start the climb is the same, at least a foot deep of water. I cleared it the time before last but still soaked my 510s, today I just hike a biked it and stayed dry.

mtbr member

I was using Nobby Nic (newer version) 2.25's and 2.35's Snakeskin EVO. They were too easily sliced up. I tried Bontrager SE4 Team Issue and they were better. Now running Magic Mary EVO Snakeskin (front) and DHRII (rear) now and the puncture protection is worth the extra rolling resistance. It's not that I'm in any hurry going up anyway.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    The little dip crossing on Schultz before you start the climb is the same, at least a foot deep of water. I cleared it the time before last but still soaked my 510s, today I just hike a biked it and stayed dry.
    I shudder coming up to that thing, there are tons of softball size stones under the water, glance the front tire off one of those things the wrong way and your goin down.

NedwannaB
    I shudder coming up to that thing, there are tons of softball size stones under the water, glance the front tire off one of those things the wrong way and your goin down.
    You guys jinxed me. Thanks. Attempted to bomb thru it Saturday but saw wheel catchers lurking below and aborted. Didn't get my feet wet at least. 👍

mtbr member
    The Schultz creek crossing isn't bad - you've just got to commit and carry some speed.

Rode Ridge and Lawndale on Saturday. Ridge was really good in spots wet still in others. Lawndale is amazing right now - just hero dirt and about as good as it gets. I'm liking the line choices this year too - much better than last year.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    it was great yesterday.

quick up-down before dinner date with the wife. work stresses needed venting big time.
    Santa Cruz 5010 C
    Surly Crosscheck.

NedwannaB

Day late...

it was great yesterday.

quick up-down before dinner date with the wife. work stresses needed venting big time.
    Dollar short to get my dry ride in. Looks like weekend conditions will be questionable.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Annadel conditions update-img_2245.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Dollar short to get my dry ride in. Looks like weekend conditions will be questionable.
    And just in case that screenshot isn't depressing enough, when you scroll down further shows rain next wed/thurs/fri as well

mtbr member
    Some parts of the trail were already starting to dry out. Sucks in the short term, good in the long term.

Trail Gnome Moderator
    Some parts of the trail were already starting to dry out. Sucks in the short term, good in the long term.
    Yep...I rode there last Saturday, many of the trails were requesting rain.

mtbr member
    Top of Spring Creek yesterday afternoon...

Well, it WAS dry.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Annadel conditions update-hg_spring-creek.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I rode yesterday morning. The trails were remarkably dry. South Burma was perfect. Based on how dry the trails are, I think the rain will get soaked up pretty fast.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Top of Spring Creek yesterday afternoon...

Well, it WAS dry.
    i think i saw you yesterday. i kinda remember that bike.
    Santa Cruz 5010 C
    Surly Crosscheck.

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Yup, totally agree. I think I'm just a touch salty as I can only really ride on Fri/Sat/Sun these days.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    i'm gonna sneak out of the office backdoor and try a quick ride today before the sky has a chance to reload.
    Santa Cruz 5010 C
    Surly Crosscheck.

mtbr member
    i think i saw you yesterday. i kinda remember that bike.
    One of these days we'll arrange a meet up and a post ride beer.

NedwannaB
    Quote Originally Posted by tincan View Post
    I rode yesterday morning. The trails were remarkably dry. South Burma was perfect. Based on how dry the trails are, I think the rain will get soaked up pretty fast.
    I don't know. Rode yesterday thru threatening drizzle noon til the deluge came in on us around 3:30. I imagine it will be slick for abit but Saturday sun should help things out for Sunday!👍

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    I don't know. Rode yesterday thru threatening drizzle noon til the deluge came in on us around 3:30. I imagine it will be slick for abit but Saturday sun should help things out for Sunday!
    Current modeling has continued rain through Saturday. I'd expect Tuesday is he day it's going to be riding well again and I think lower n Burma will still be sloppy even then

mtbr member
    Rode yesterday afternoon and while riding down the lower portion of Spring Creek, came across this:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Annadel conditions update-tree_spring-creek.jpg  

Trail Gnome Moderator
    Current modeling has continued rain through Saturday. I'd expect Tuesday is he day it's going to be riding well again and I think lower n Burma will still be sloppy even then
    Sounds like my Pivot demo on Sunday is gonna get cancelled

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Sounds like my Pivot demo on Sunday is gonna get cancelled
    I'm guessing its put on by Nor Cal/Peddler/Trailhouse? Since they just started carrying pivot it makes sense they'd try and host a demo day. When it rained on their SC demo day they kept it anyways.

I'd like to demo a Pivot, but I doubt I'd want to ride easter Sunday in the rain.

Trail Gnome Moderator
    I'm guessing its put on by Nor Cal/Peddler/Trailhouse? Since they just started carrying pivot it makes sense they'd try and host a demo day. When it rained on their SC demo day they kept it anyways.

I'd like to demo a Pivot, but I doubt I'd want to ride easter Sunday in the rain.
    Yep, the demo is at Trailhouse...I mean, it was at Trailhouse. I can't see them doing a demo at this point.

Help I've Fallen
    Live in the Sacramento area and wanted to come over and ride tomorrow (Saturday). What if any trails would I want to avoid?
    2016 Canfield Bros EPO
    2016 Santa Cruz Hightower
    2013 Niner S.I.R. 9 SS

Oaktown Honkey on Strava
    Sep 2010
    Any fresh news?

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by dwick37 View Post
    Live in the Sacramento area and wanted to come over and ride tomorrow (Saturday). What if any trails would I want to avoid?
    I haven't been out there this week but with the rain we had recently I'd imagine ridge is a mess. I also find he bottom half of n Burma gets pretty sloppy with fresh rain.

Hopefully someone can chime in, with a ride report.

NedwannaB
    I haven't been out there this week but with the rain we had recently I'd imagine ridge is a mess. I also find he bottom half of n Burma gets pretty sloppy with fresh rain.

Hopefully someone can chime in, with a ride report.
    Big kitty cat sighting today right at kill/eating time on Lawndale!

Oaktown Honkey on Strava
    Sep 2010
    Did 23 miles Annadel today. Its pretty mushy, not necessarily too muddy. But at the end of the day, I WAS muddy. Slower speeds, slippery rocks, slow pedal through puddles to keep my butt dry(ish). Beautiful and green, flowers, and not too hot. Hit It! It was a great day. Top Burma pretty good, bottom Burma still wet, but not crazy mud. Drivetrain took a little bit of a beating, but not the worst.

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Big kitty cat sighting today right at kill/eating time on Lawndale!
    Let me guess, near the top of Lawndale where it runs into Marsh at the T, in the hill area to the left? Last time I rode there there was a mtn lion sighting in the same area, albiet earlier in the day (2-3pm?).

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Driving up from Oakland to retrieve my bike after getting it overhauled by Breakaway Bikes, so I'm riding tomorrow.

Will report back.

NedwannaB

Nope

Let me guess, near the top of Lawndale where it runs into Marsh at the T, in the hill area to the left? Last time I rode there there was a mtn lion sighting in the same area, albiet earlier in the day (2-3pm?).
    Right in trees above the picnic bench
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Annadel conditions update-img_2324.jpg  

NedwannaB
    Quote Originally Posted by shapethings View Post
    Driving up from Oakland to retrieve my bike after getting it overhauled by Breakaway Bikes, so I'm riding tomorrow.

Will report back.
    Breakaway Bikes FTW!

mtbr member
    Agree with hoolie above. Rode ~22 miles there yesterday. Wet in many places but muddy in few. Lots of clear spring and creek water on trail. Many trees down. Lost count. Eight?

This whopper was down near the top of Two Quarry.

Annadel conditions update-img_0340.jpg

Water going over the top of Lake Ilsanjo spillway.

Annadel conditions update-img_0355.jpg

Tried to look up on Google why the creeks that drain out the north east side of the park are all milky, but was unable to find out.

NedwannaB
    Edit* Rode up Lawndale today: It was farther up, after the sitting bench that's above the picnic bench. Hoping my pix would load but all that's left is a few feathers....

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Annadel wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

I did OTB and snap a rail on my saddle when I sunk deeper into a small bog by the outhouse at the Marsh-Two Quarry intersection.

NedwannaB
    Annadel wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

I did OTB and snap a rail on my saddle when I sunk deeper into a small bog by the outhouse at the Marsh-Two Quarry intersection.
    *Update: After seeing trail conditions on yesterday's ride. mind you they weren't too terrible, but with the percipitation from last night and today I'd think it's going to take sometime to recoup.

YRMV

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    anyone ride there today, April 22, 2017?

Thinking of going tomorrow.

NedwannaB
    anyone ride there today, April 22, 2017?

Thinking of going tomorrow.
    A lot of people were. Go git sum!

mtbr member
    It's damn near perfect in most spots.

NedwannaB
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast4aSlowGuy View Post
    It's damn near perfect in most spots.
    Yeah. If only for those damn "most" spots.....

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    had to work a long shift yesterday, so just barely got in a quick ride after work.

just up Canyon, down canyon..not bad at all. got splashy in a few spots. quick shower, and dinner out with the wife.
    Santa Cruz 5010 C
    Surly Crosscheck.

mtbr member
    had to work a long shift yesterday, so just barely got in a quick ride after work.

just up Canyon, down canyon..not bad at all. got splashy in a few spots. quick shower, and dinner out with the wife.
    I snuck out around 4:45 and rode up Canyon, around the lake, chilled at the dam and had a chat with Ranger Bob, then descended Spring Creek. The Spring Creek creek crossing is still not rideable (at least not by me). What do you ride? I'll look for you, as we seem to ride on similar schedules. I'm on a black Homegrown hardtail.

Chuck

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    I snuck out around 4:45 and rode up Canyon, around the lake, chilled at the dam and had a chat with Ranger Bob, then descended Spring Creek. The Spring Creek creek crossing is still not rideable (at least not by me). What do you ride? I'll look for you, as we seem to ride on similar schedules. I'm on a black Homegrown hardtail.

Chuck
    i saw ranger bob parked right there at the dam..i did see some guy with a specialized bike talking to him. it was a nice bike. i swear i saw lights in the frame like it was electronic shift.

i ride an orange santa cruz. slowly.
    Santa Cruz 5010 C
    Surly Crosscheck.

mtbr member
    i saw ranger bob parked right there at the dam..i did see some guy with a specialized bike talking to him. it was a nice bike. i swear i saw lights in the frame like it was electronic shift.

I saw you. We spoke as you rode by. I was sitting across from my bike toward the middle of the dam. The Specialized bike was a Levo. The guy on it is pretty fit, yet rides the E-bike. He's a friend of a friend, whom I've ridden with before.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    ah..you were the guy sitting in the best spot on the lake!!

cool. now i know who to look for. we do ride the same schedule.
    Santa Cruz 5010 C
    Surly Crosscheck.

mtbr member
    ah..you were the guy sitting in the best spot on the lake!!

cool. now i know who to look for. we do ride the same schedule.
    Bingo! Hard not to enjoy that spot right there.

NedwannaB

E bike. Hmmmm...
    Have to talk to Bob next time I see him on his take for them being up there.....

mtbr member
    E bike. Hmmmm...
    Have to talk to Bob next time I see him on his take for them being up there.....
    Yeah, I chose to ignore it. I've stated my dislike for them, but at the end of the day, I decided not to take it any further.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    i didnt even know it was an E-bike. i thought it was one of those wireless e shifter things..

the bike looked pretty cool. i'm not up on the latest and greatest these days.
    Santa Cruz 5010 C
    Surly Crosscheck.

mtbr member
    Annadel on Sunday was fantastic. Plenty of mudpits, but almost entirely on the fire roads/wide spots.

Up Cobblestone -> Rough Go -> Marsh -> Ridge -> South/North Burma -> Live Oak.