Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Annadel 1/6

7K views 111 replies 29 participants last post by  Melt 
#1 · (Edited)
Annadel ride on 1/6. Meet @ Channel Drive 9:30 am.

Usual loop of around 20+ miles, hitting all the great trails.

meeting spot

See less See more
#53 · (Edited)
dan51 said:
grrah, what fork did they give you parts for? That's just retarded to get the wrong thing.
You still have the Blur right? Plan D can be riding my 1X9 On-One.
Either a revelation or pike. The reba uppers are the same for a 26 or 29er, and these uppers had stanchions which were about 1" longer. The crown was a little beefier too, but it was hard to tell until they were right next to eachother. They looked like the right one to me when it came out of the box.

The blur is just a frame right now. Waiting for either a Pike, or to be replaced by a Rip9... more likely the Pike, but not decided yet.

Attachments

#54 ·
g-funk said:
Secondly wherewolf. If you can ride then you can work and your excuse is the most pansy excuse I've ever heard. I'm suprised you don't have a handicapped tag on your car. do you ride a lark to the grocery store? have you fallen and can't get up?
I am usually a mellow guy who stay away from controversies, difference of opinions on this forum, simply because I met a lot of you and respect everyone I rode with in the last couple of years.
Werewolf is one rider with whom I shared a lot of good rides at Annadel and Auburn and I respect him for several reasons. He is probably one of the most senior rider of this board, a very good MTbiker, who rides at a slower speed than most of you, but is able to put some serious mileage. I cannot feel his pain but I can tell you that I have seen him popping a few pills prior to a ride to diminish his pain. I also heard him a few times grunting in pain during a ride because of the suffering he felt when climbing a tricky section.
g-funk, in my opinion, what you said is a terrible low blow and doesn't have it's place here. I hope you will still be riding in your mid-fifties and I that you will never experience Steve's daily suffering.

#56 · (Edited)
7 Steps to a legit, good Mexican Restaurant

1. They serve horchata. Mexican sweet cinammon drink.
2. They don’t have any advertisements outside the door.
3. They don’t have white people working there.
4. They charge extra for chips.
5. The place is dirty.
6. It has the word “la” or “el” in its name.
7. The burrito must cost less than $5.

When I was in Arizona I was at my fair share of roach infested places, and many times we would eat at the "roach coaches" those silver vans that pull up to construction yards to serve food. Greasy and good!

#57 ·
grrrah said:
Either a revelation or pike. The reba uppers are the same for a 26 or 29er, and these uppers had stanchions which were about 1" longer. The crown was a little beefier too, but it was hard to tell until they were right next to eachother. They looked like the right one to me when it came out of the box.

The blur is just a frame right now. Waiting for either a Pike, or to be replaced by a Rip9... more likely the Pike, but not decided yet.
Alright, i admit it. When Grrrah wasn't looking, I swapped the uppers for a Pike upper. bring it by, i'll give you your reba 29 parts. :D

#61 ·
dan51 said:
I have never seen cockroaches in the nachos, but after eating there once I would never be surprised to see it.
No roaches. I eat there 2-4 times a month. it's just a few blocks away from the g-pad!! However it is a little blancofied and the knuckes in the chicken get a little old but the food is pretty good and the chips are free (very important).
here's the health dept review
http://food.sonoma-county.org/FoodInspectionDetails.asp?FoodID=AE69

But, russian river is an ok call BUT (here comes the tirade) there is a new place really close to the park (closer than lepe's)with a sweet bar Killer pizza, and a patio with a fireplace!!!

Yo Ed! bring the opener! I'll ride on friday and stash the cooler with some beer in the park at a favorite stopping point, like the 2 foot deep mud puddle on ridge trail, oops there are no puddles on ridge! how about at the bench on S.Burma!!!

#66 ·
So youve been dining in the mission

baycat said:
7 Steps to a legit, good Mexican Restaurant

1. They serve horchata. Mexican sweet cinammon drink.
2. They don't have any advertisements outside the door.
3. They don't have white people working there.
4. They charge extra for chips.
5. The place is dirty.
6. It has the word "la" or "el" in its name.
7. The burrito must cost less than $5.

When I was in Arizona I was at my fair share of roach infested places, and many times we would eat at the "roach coaches" those silver vans that pull up to construction yards to serve food. Greasy and good!
i see

#70 ·
g-funk said:
First I was trying to help you guys out with a little local knowledge to ride some fun trails that aren't on the Wherewolf MTBR beaten path. My bad, some of you guys obviously have no respect for damaging trails.
Well then....maybe you should have said something like "the ridge trail is currently in it's winter state...it is a good idea to stay off it this time of year to keep from damaging this trail" people here will read...understand...and probably act accordingly...

saying "the trail is off limits" is just hyperbole....most people here are to smart for that...and find it somewhat insulting that you need to use this tactic to get your point accross. sometimes the facts do not exactley support your position and or agenda...that is no reason to make stuff up or exagerate...hey are you a journalist??...just asking.

it's kinda like those folks that say that it is "illegal" to ride TRT from Tahoe Meadows on an odd numbered day.

just state the facts man

#71 ·
bigboulder said:
Well then....maybe you should have said something like "the ridge trail is currently in it's winter state...it is a good idea to stay off it this time of year to keep from damaging this trail" people here will read...understand...and probably act accordingly...

saying "the trail is off limits" is just hyperbole....most people here are to smart for that...and find it somewhat insulting that you need to use this tactic to get your point accross. sometimes the facts do not exactley support your position and or agenda...that is no reason to make stuff up or exagerate...hey are you a journalist??...just asking.

it's kinda like those folks that say that it is "illegal" to ride TRT from Tahoe Meadows on an odd numbered day.

just state the facts man
excellent point. Are you going to be on this ride?

#73 ·
bigboulder said:

just state the facts man
Good point. The original statement could actually get people to ride it. For example, I'm not local there, so I hear "the trail is off limits". I would expect to see a sign there from the park saying to stay off. But instead I get there and don't see a sign, so I think the trail must be open. So I would head down it and not even think about it.

-Dan

#75 ·
g-funk said:
First I was trying to help you guys out with a little local knowledge to ride some fun trails that aren't on the Wherewolf MTBR beaten path. My bad, some of you guys obviously have no respect for damaging trails. whatever, we'll keep those trails as a "local", i.e. those who live here and ride and WORK on the trails on a regular basis, secret. I also didn't say the trail was closed, I said off limits again just a little local knowledge to help from damaging one of the better and least water friendly trails in the park. Go ahead, ride it and it will look like the dude in the huge gash in wherewolfs endo sequence(nice shots by the way, but don't take me too seriously) in a few years then you parasites will go ride somewhere else:cornut: FE's comments are right on.

Secondly wherewolf. If you can ride then you can work and your excuse is the most pansy excuse I've ever heard. I'm suprised you don't have a handicapped tag on your car. do you ride a lark to the grocery store? have you fallen and can't get up?

see you guys on Saturday it will be a fun ride for sure! but maybe I'll stay at home and cry all by myself.
That's not cool. It's also not cool the way you referred to Ridge as being closed. Obviously, you and Steve don't get along. That's OK. We don;t all need to be buddy buddy. However, it's horrible to stoop that low.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.