Proud lame eBiker

Alert: Stolen Ventana X-5, Sacramento 3/24/2012

A customer called today to report his 2007 Ventana X-5 metallic blue size 17" was stolen off the back of his SUV today. Coming back from a ride he decided to stop off at an outdoors store. Had a big cable lock and u-lock locking down. Came out 20 minutes later and it was gone with the cable dangling there.

Keep an eye open. Please.

Blue frame. Gold Hope hubs laced to xm819 rims. Black spokes.
    Juicey Ultimate brakes. Thomson post and stem. Easton carbon bar. WTB Rocket V saddle. TV Noir cranks. Eggbeaters. X-0/9 shifters/deraileurs.

Police report can't be filed until Monday so I'll add an officer to contact name ASAP. In the meantime call me at the shop if you have any leads. 530 795 3454.
    When I'm back on my computer I'll upload a photo of bike too. No
    Pics on my iPhone...

Myke
    www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.

Proud lame eBiker
    Quote Originally Posted by Internal14 View Post
    A customer called today to report his 2007 Ventana X-5 metallic blue size 17" was stolen off the back of his SUV today. Coming back from a ride he decided to stop off at an outdoors store. Had a big cable lock and u-lock locking down. Came out 20 minutes later and it was gone with the cable dangling there.

Keep an eye open. Please.

Blue frame. Gold Hope hubs laced to xm819 rims. Black spokes.
    Juicey Ultimate brakes. Thomson post and stem. Easton carbon bar. WTB Rocket V saddle. TV Noir cranks. Eggbeaters. X-0/9 shifters/deraileurs.

Police report can't be filed until Monday so I'll add an officer to contact name ASAP. In the meantime call me at the shop if you have any leads. 530 795 3454.
    When I'm back on my computer I'll upload a photo of bike too. No
    Pics on my iPhone...

Myke
    Here's a quickie photo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Alert: Stolen Ventana X-5, Sacramento 3/24/2012-9c0be29c.jpg  

www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.

Lightly salted
    That sucks, Hopfully he gets his ride back. Where was it stolen at? City? Was he riding Rockville wednesday? I seen a guy on a blue x-5 there this past wednesday afternoon.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fuenstock View Post
    That sucks, Hopfully he gets his ride back. Where was it stolen at? City? Was he riding Rockville wednesday? I seen a guy on a blue x-5 there this past wednesday afternoon.
    Myke's post title says Sacramento. I believe the victim was riding Granite Bay. I saw a rider with that same bike out there yesterday afternoon.
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

> /dev/null 2&>1
    How did they break it? (i.e. rack fine, lock gone? Rack broken/clipped?)

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Looks just like mine.

Hope somehow you get it back.
    20 mins was probably 19 more than the thief needed to cut it loose.

Proud lame eBiker
    UPDATE:
    Bike still on the lam....but I got a call from someone today that said he got off the lightrail at Zinfindale Dr. the other afternoon and some greasy guy came up to him and asked he he wanted to buy a $6K bike for $300. Guy checked it out out of curiousity sakes but said he wasn't interested. The more he thought about it(he's not a bike guy it sounded) but he was blown away by how there could be a $6K mtb. Went to google and typed in stolen ventana x-5 and found this thread and called me.

The bike is still out there!!

So if anyone in the Sacto area wants to wander on past the Zinfindale light rail stop and keep an eye out for a blue Ventana X-5 that'd be much appreciated. Unfortunetly there's no craigslist post or phone number ot try and track the guy down. But he's out there trying to off load it now 9 months later.

Crazy.

Proud lame eBiker

Need help!!

Son of a b!tch....

Look what showed up on craigslist today:

Ventana X-5 mountain bike - $900 (San Fransisco)

Check out the damn pic the seller used? Same one that I posted 10 months ago. SERIOUSLY?!

Who knows the next step? Cops? Reported stolen in Rancho Cordova....now for sale in San Fran.

I can give you the serial number if you PM me.

I'd arrange a meeting myself but I leave for Florida for a week starting tomorrow at 6am. No time!

Gah!

By the way, this is not my bike, it's one that I sold to a customer years ago.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    WTH is going on? Why is the person on craig's list using the same photo you provided of the bike in march? Seems unlikely.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    FYI, the frame is now up on ebay. The original owner has also posted a "stolen bike alert auction." Interesting idea. I hope he manages to reclaim it.

Stolen X5: Ventana x 5 26er Frame 17" Hope Headset Fox RP23 Shock | eBay

Stolen X5 alert: Ventana x 5 26er Frame 17" Hope Headset Fox RP23 Shock Stolen Goods | eBay
    Last edited by albeant; 02-20-2013 at 09:10 AM.

Lightly salted
    Seems like a lot of evidence here. Are the police not interested in this?