mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Advise for riding Demo this weekend

Coming from out of town to ride Demo Saturday. It's been about two years since I've been there. Plan to check out the new flow trail sections. Any do's or don'ts for riding the new flow trail sections. Any preferred order to do the trails in?

C'dale Rush Lefty
    Jun 2004
    The only advice is that Braille, Sawpit, and Tractor / Flow are all different experiences. Ride them in any order you want but leave plenty of energy for the Flow Trail multiple times.

:-)

mtbr member
    I might be riding there tomorrow AM...I can play tour guide if you are down. I'll be on a heavy Mojo HD so not crushing the climbs but not crawling...DH is another story.

If not, I recommend Coral, Braille, Sawpit. Flow is fun but super short runs and exhausting to session.
    I'm not sure how this works.

YESBRO!!!
    Best advice:

1) Go fast.

2) Take chances.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    We'll look for you squashyo. I think its just going to be 3 of us. 2 Specs, and one yellow Niner. I think we will be in a black Dodge truck. Always nice to meet a local, but no worries if we don't meet up.
    Quote Originally Posted by squashyo View Post
    I might be riding there tomorrow AM...I can play tour guide if you are down. I'll be on a heavy Mojo HD so not crushing the climbs but not crawling...DH is another story.

If not, I recommend Coral, Braille, Sawpit. Flow is fun but super short runs and exhausting to session.

mtbr member
    Cool...we'll be there at 9.have fun!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by squashyo View Post
    Cool...we'll be there at 9.have fun!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    We will be there about 8:30

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    To say that Demo was packed today would be an understatement.
    Also, for the first time in 2 years I saw hikers there. They were hiking _up_ the ridge. I felt sorry for them - I was ahead of about 20 more bikers coming down their way.

Junior flyer
    Jun 2010
    ^^ No kidding! The hikers--easily a couple dozen--were starting just after us. A guy in our group asked them what their route was, and I was VERY surprised to hear them mention Ridge and Corral--such a bad idea. Btw- They're from South Bay Ramblers Meetup. Ramble on...

Then we saw a big dude/newb on a Diamondback at the bottom of Tractor, sans helmet, with a map in his hand. I asked him if he needed help, and he said he was trying to figure out how to get to the top of Braille! I tried to tell him in a nice way that it was a bad idea, but he started slugging up Tractor anyway. I don't think he even made it to section 5 before he turned around.

Still, we had a great ride and the cloud cover was a sweet surprise.

Oh, and we saw a guy pushing 2 bikes up Hihn's because his buddy--walking behind him--had crashed, probably on Sawpit. Looked like he had a busted collarbone and a janked-up wrist.

VV It's always a pleasure to ride with the Mayor of Demo. I hope your old bike lasts until the new one arrives.
    Last edited by dirtvert; 06-21-2014 at 07:46 PM.
    Why?

Because we like the taste of freedom; because we like the smell of danger. ~ E. Abbey

mtbr member
    Sweet ride DV...I am shocked my bike survived. What an old man my bike has become.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I saw the big dude grinning and zooming down the fire road as I was climbing back out having completed the Flow trail. I was thinking to myself: "unless he is going down all the way to Aptos, he is gonna have a baaaaaaad time". Even then no helmet? One washout on the gravel or a bad liftoff on a water bar, and he could be toast.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    i've seen hikers there (including some large groups in the past).

did my usual corral to braille loop today, so much fun! will probably hit the flow trail next time
    94 Specialized Rockhopper

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Great ride squashyo (was pleasure to meeting you) and DV today. Man I had so much fun. Only wished I had more energy to do the Flow trail... Ride back up to the parking lot felt like 2hrs long.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Great job to all that worked on the flow trail. It is going to be kickass when done. Thought section 5 was better than Tamarancho. Good running into you DV. Squashyo we probably crossed paths a few times and never new it. I'll be back in the area the last week of July.

Junior flyer
    Jun 2010
    ^^ Mark! I had forgotten your screen name. Great seeing you guys out there yesterday. We had a lot of fun on the flow trail too--and I was thinking the same thing about section 5 (we did it twice). Shoot me a PM the next time you're coming out. I have some new dirt to show you...
    Why?

Because we like the taste of freedom; because we like the smell of danger. ~ E. Abbey