Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ask
    user
    Stumbled on a loose rock a few yds from the top this morning. I felt solid the whole climb... stronger than last year. Cleared all the hard stuff. I almost turned around to give it another try, but I had to get to work... and I hate that trail. I know this doesn't count as a no dab, but it may have to do for me. Not sure I can get the motivation to ride Kennedy/Dogmeat again anytime soon.

mtbr member
    I thought I heard a loud scream this morning. Nice try buddy and glad to hear you are quitting. My dad always used to say, "Son, if it's too hard just quit. No harm in being a complete failure."

I kid!!!
    I'm not sure how this works.

ask
    user

7th Annual Dogmeat No Dab Challenge (Los Gatos, CA) BEGINS!

Quote Originally Posted by squashyo View Post
    I thought I heard a loud scream this morning. Nice try buddy and glad to hear you are quitting. My dad always used to say, "Son, if it's too hard just quit. No harm in being a complete failure."

I kid!!!
    Hahaha! I laughed when I stumbled. But I was pretty annoyed riding back down. I've done the same exact thing a few times before. Honestly I was pretty stoked that the steep stuff didn't make my heart rate go up as much as it did the last couple years. If nothing else, Dogmeat is a good benchmark to test your climbing fitness. You can't really half-ass that climb.

We'll see... maybe give it another shot later this week in the rain.
    Last edited by ask; 03-20-2017 at 08:36 PM.
    "...That said, we exhausted the comedy material in this thread, so we're done here." -KMax

mtbr member
    Dude! Same thing happened to me exactly! I was also too gassed to go down and try again.
    They never made the "Slowster"

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Hi,

Very happy to have found this thread of like-minded climbing nuts, thanks for curating this great thread! The climb starting at the bottom of limekiln, through dogmeat, and then making the right turn to take in the tough pitches to the top of Kennedy, has been on my personal "no dab bike setup tester" list for about a decade. Changes in stem or saddle position or tire pressure or bike or whatever get evaluated there to success or failure, tweak then try again, etc. (I am happy to self describe as obsessive compulsive, family members and riding friends will chime in with agreement).

Other routes on the "no dab" evaluator list include Stiles plus Rocky Ridge uphill in Santa Theresa and Resolution and Manzanita uphill in skeggs (south leaf is over my head). While I've cleared all of these routes a lot, and cleared the Sierra Azul run on several bikes over the years, I'm still trying desperately to clear them all on the same bike! Talk about ridiculous pursuits...

Anyway, it seems that I might have, unknowingly, been a part of this dogmeat no dab community over the past decade with successful runs of the limekiln-dogmeat-kennedytop route, but have no proof and cannot remember the dates anyway. However, last Tuesday and Thursday I did the Limekiln-dogmeat-kennedytop climb to test out my canfield epo (great bike!). One dab on Tue, changed stem and saddle position, no dabs Thurs, here is the garmin link for Thurs.

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1612064339

You are all inspiring me, thanks for launching this thread and this climbing craziness, might go out today, have fun everyone!

mtbr member
    HEY HEY...great work bikengineer! It is no easy task right now and you added the extra leg (literally!)...impressive! Welcome to the prestigious wall and hope we run into you out there soon.

Dogmeat 2016/17 Wall of Fame:
    1) Squashyo
    2) BRoyston
    3) Menso
    4) pmarshall
    5) ancient rascal
    6) yz343
    7) LG Man
    8) bikengineer

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    [QUOTE=squashyo;13095026]HEY HEY...great work bikengineer! It is no easy task right now and...

Thanks! You made my week.
    bikengineer

ask
    user
    [QUOTE=bikengineer;13095568]
    HEY HEY...great work bikengineer! It is no easy task right now and...

bikengineer
    Nice! I've been climbing that trail for years... glad I'm not the only nut around here. Well done bikengineer!

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=bikengineer;13095568]
    HEY HEY...great work bikengineer! It is no easy task right now and...

bikengineer
    Congrats bikengineer! ... Only one last challenge season thing left for a guy like you to do ... 6th Annual 20/40 under from Kennedy Trailhead 8 days left!
    Suicide by single speed. Work in progress.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    [QUOTE=ancient rascal;13095662]
    Quote Originally Posted by bikengineer View Post

Congrats bikengineer! ... Only one last challenge season thing left for a guy like you to do ... 6th Annual 20/40 under from Kennedy Trailhead 8 days left!
    Wow, that kennedy timetrial looks really, really hard, thanks for sharing. Conditions this week seem to make it harder, even if I might have had a shot, which is very questionable.

Here in my 50th year, even though I never go on road rides otherwise, I'm working really hard to finally break 20 on the legendary old la honda roadie climb. I'm still about 30 seconds too slow, and boy does it hurt each time. Not a roadie but its very close by and seems a worthy goal.

Wondering, for you climbing exoerts who might have done both, how this very worthy kennedy 20/40 challenge might translate, for a given rider, to a timing on the famous old la honda climb?

Thanks for any insight! (and sorry this is tangential to the primary topic)

Bikengineer

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    ...for the record, and in commiseration, I personally find that last bit just a few seconds before the top to be particularly troublesome, have dabbed there as well, guard is down a bit and it is so loose and we are all so tired by then...the height of frustration when it happens there....

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    If you're close to 20 minutes on OLH and you can clean Dogmeat I'm pretty sure you can break 40 on Kennedy.

bad reputation
    I think I'll give it my 2'nd and final shot in an hour or so...after I trim my fingernails to shave off a gram or two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Good luck...we're all counting on you

bad reputation
    Hell yeah!
    Sitting at the top

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by turfnsurf View Post
    Hell yeah!
    Sitting at the top

Congrats ... number 9 ... #9 ... #9 ...

mtbr member
    So how do you confirm that it was actually cleaned with no dabbing? It is the Seinfeld Honor system?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by aliikane View Post
    So how do you confirm that it was actually cleaned with no dabbing? It is the Seinfeld Honor system?
    Yes sir ... Honor system for both the Dogmeat no dab and the 20/40 under challenge threads, no lie Strava and others may show a non stop ride up also I think.

mtbr member
    Oh hell yes! Stoked you went back and slayed the beast. On the new bike? Any complications or was it easy sailing? Huge congrats and now that part of the bucket is full (By the way, hope to see you Monday for actual fun trails). Welcome to the board!

1) Squashyo
    2) BRoyston
    3) Menso
    4) pmarshall
    5) ancient rascal
    6) yz343
    7) LG Man
    8) bikengineer
    9) surfnturf

mtbr member
    By the by...2 more days left if anyone is inspired. And yes, honor system...I don't see people bending the truth just to get a pat on the back and a beer. Well, maybe a beer but still.

bad reputation
    I spun out and dabbed on the first steep where the orange cones are on the right side of the fire road. I figured I wasn't that far into it, 1/4 mile or so, why not give 'er another go. Back down to the bottom, let about 8 psi out of my rear tire (which is a fairly worn out Ardent.) Gave it a second shot and did the exact same thing in the same damn spot. I was starting to curse Joshyo for posting this stupid effin challenge on the forum while thinking to myself " I could be riding UC right now!" Well, no one's ever accused me of being brilliant... three times is a charm, right? By now I'd realized there are techniques to this thing. Line selection, cadence, position on bike (I kept tending to be to far forward, but weight on the rear tire is essential.) Back down for my final attempt. I told myself if I don't clear it this time I'm never coming back.
    Somehow I made it up the beast. I had to spin circles at several of the flat spots to slow my breathing down and rest my legs. Lost traction a few times and had to keep hammering till I gained traction again. Here's the Strava, this was my first failed attempt:

7th Annual Dogmeat No Dab Challenge (Los Gatos, CA) BEGINS!-dogmeat-fail.jpg

This is second fail and third success

7th Annual Dogmeat No Dab Challenge (Los Gatos, CA) BEGINS!-dogmeat.jpg

Note to self the next time I attempt this self-abuse "DON'T TURN RIGHT AT THE TOP, LEST YOU DISCOVER THERE IS A BUTT LOAD MORE CLIMBING TO GET DOWN TO THE BOTTOM!"

Strava Flyby: Strava Labs

bad reputation
    Oh hell yes! Stoked you went back and slayed the beast. On the new bike? Any complications or was it easy sailing? Huge congrats and now that part of the bucket is full (By the way, hope to see you Monday for actual fun trails). Welcome to the board!

1) Squashyo
    2) BRoyston
    3) Menso
    4) pmarshall
    5) ancient rascal
    6) yz343
    7) LG Man
    8) bikengineer
    9) surfnturf (change that to turfnsurf!)
    Not the new-new bike, the semi new bike - this was on a 5010.
    I'm pretty sure I can get out of work on Monday for a pleasure ride!

mtbr member
    ^ ^ ^ Hotdamn turfnsurf that's showing some sticktoitness man! That had to hurt after two blow outs on the cone head hill. I've done it with one miss there start overs but not two misses then success. ... Now with only two days left ... We wait to hear from one more Norcal regular? If you have to ask who this member is ... you haven't been following this thread closely enough!

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    I gave it a shot tonight. Dabbed by the cones and again at the steepest part below the tree. I wasn't able to use my lowest gear as it was slipping. Time was good - 22:11, but no prize.

mtbr member

Good try man

Quote Originally Posted by form49b View Post
    I gave it a shot tonight. Dabbed by the cones and again at the steepest part below the tree. I wasn't able to use my lowest gear as it was slipping. Time was good - 22:11, but no prize.
    It's all about the attempt. LG Man calls that steep hill "The deal breaker" below the tree and long uphill straight away before the last left turn section. I have just quit there due bad line choice or usually to pain ... too many times to count over the years.

mtbr member
    Yup...nice effort there Form.

Last day all.

mtbr member
    I haven't ridden Dogmeat yet but I think I may need to go back to 3X drivetrain from the looks of it. Haha. On Strava it shows one part is 43% incline. Don't know how accurate it is but I know it has to be a beat down. My 1X with 40T on the rear is not the most favorable for super steeps. I am going to try it one of these days just for the challenge.

mtbr member
    I haven't ridden Dogmeat yet but I think I may need to go back to 3X drivetrain from the looks of it. Haha. On Strava it shows one part is 43% incline. Don't know how accurate it is but I know it has to be a beat down. My 1X with 40T on the rear is not the most favorable for super steeps. I am going to try it one of these days just for the challenge.
    You may very well get away with a 1x11 using the 36 and 42t through most of it. Better yet the 1x11 ... 11-46t cassette should do the trick. I have made it with many set ups but always have to stand and mash a few spots.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013

7th Annual Dogmeat No Dab Challenge (Los Gatos, CA) BEGINS!

It's not 43% but there are a couple places around 30% where the trail isn't very uniform (rocks, ruts, sand). I and many others can reliably clean the Kennedy walls below Dogmeat (which have similar pitch), but I rarely make those sections of DM without spinning out or getting sideways.

There's also a pretty long 20% + section after the hardest parts which has a lot of loose rock. The first time I made a serious attempt at Dogmeat I cleaned everything below that part but lost it in that scrubby terrain. You're gassed at that point too.

mtbr member
    Well...that's a wrap! Same results as last year but new faces this time around which is cool. No prizes this year since we didn't hit 11 but that works well for me because I'm broke (which is exactly what I said last year. Maybe I need a second job).

Thanks for all who participated and conquered this beast or even tried. Your perseverance is legendary (in my book) and you can look back on this someday and say, "Well, I did that." We'll be back in Oct. for round 8...hope to see you then.

1) Squashyo
    2) BRoyston
    3) Menso
    4) pmarshall
    5) ancient rascal
    6) yz343
    7) LG Man
    8) bikengineer
    9) turfnsurf

So far:
    2011: 12
    2012: 14
    2013: 22
    2014: 15
    2015: 12
    2016: 9
    2017: 9

ancient rascal (’11, ’12, ’13, ’14, '15, '16, '17)
    Andy J. (’13, ’14, '15)
    ASK (’11, ’12, ’13, ’14, '15, '16)
    Axe (’13)
    bassn (’12)
    BigSpin ('15)
    bikengineer ('17)
    BRoyston (’13, ’14, '17)
    cragnshag ('16)
    Diesel (’11)
    DigDirtDude (’13)
    Dopaminer_09 (’11)
    El Hombre (’13)
    epic_sunday ('16)
    FatTireMan (’12)
    Ike22 (’13)
    Jason F. (’14)
    jasony13 (’13)
    Juan Navarro ('15)
    Jens Olson (’14)
    JL de Jong (’11, ’12, ’13, ’14)
    KeithMakesWine (’12)
    Leopold Porkstacker (’13, '15)
    LG Man (’12, ’13, ’14, '15, '16, '17)
    lilysdad (’12, ’13, ’14)
    locoyokel (’11)
    mboldt (’11, ’12, ’13, ’14, '15)
    Menso ('17)
    mtbhead (’12)
    mudworm (’14)
    orthorex (’11, ’12, ’13, ’14)
    Plymmer (’11)
    pmarshall (’11, ’12, ’13, '15, '16, '17)
    rogan (’13)
    silentben (’14)
    sirkrameroy (’13, '15, '16)
    skidmarque (’11, ’12, ’13)
    Squashyo (’11, ’12, ’13, ’14, '15, '16, '17)
    Tosa (’13)
    turfnsurf ('17)
    vedson ('16)
    vincinator99 (’13, ’14, '15)
    yz343 ('17)

mtbr member
    Numbers are decreasing. I wonder if it is due to the shift from 2X,3X to 1X drivetrains.

mtbr member
    I always had wanted to check out the legendary dogmeat. Although the season has ended, I still went out with BKXC on Saturday and gave it a shot. It was wet, it was cold, but I made it up no dabs. Brian had one unfortunate dab before the final pitch. The soil was pretty saturated. I think it made it a little easier in spots, and harder in others.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike Bandito View Post
    I always had wanted to check out the legendary dogmeat. Although the season has ended, I still went out with BKXC on Saturday and gave it a shot. It was wet, it was cold, but I made it up no dabs. Brian had one unfortunate dab before the final pitch. The soil was pretty saturated. I think it made it a little easier in spots, and harder in others.
    Haha, I avoided permanent damage to my fingers and toes, but the GoPro is still drying out.

mtbr member
    I finally got in and edited the video of our Dogmeat adventure. It got way too wet for my camera and I'm not going to release this video on my channel, but I think you guys might still get a kick out of it here.

mtbr member
    Good stuff man! You picked a world class shitty day to tackle DM.

mtbr member
    I was just up there yesterday. I didn't have any intentions of riding Dogmeat but on the way I decided to just take a look. Rode up Limekin then Dogmeat chewed me up. I only made it about 2/3 up.

It probably wasn't the best idea to ride it after riding 12 miles from my house to it and ride my 27lb enduro bike. However, even had I brought my 24.5lb bike I am still doubtful I can clean the entire thing. I think I would need an e-bike to clean it. Haha. That last climb is just demoralizing. The guys who are making it up are beasts.
    Last edited by aliikane; 04-20-2017 at 09:17 PM.

mtbr member
    I was just up there yesterday. I didn't have any intentions of riding Dogmeat but on the way I decided to just take a look. Rode up Limekin then Dogmeat chewed me up. I only made it about 2/3 up.

It probably wasn't the best idea to ride 12 miles from my house and ride my 27lb enduro bike. However, had I brought my 24.5lb bike I am still doubtful I can clean the entire thing. I think I would need an e-bike to clean it. Haha. That last climb is just demoralizing. The guys who are making it up are beasts.
    Not necessarily beastly ... just persistent! Usually you will need to try it many times before success. I'm guessing I had 20 ish tries before I finally made it the first time. Used an old geared Klein Rascal. Same bike I made it on this year.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BKXC View Post
    I finally got in and edited the video of our Dogmeat adventure. It got way too wet for my camera and I'm not going to release this video on my channel, but I think you guys might still get a kick out of it here.

Ha, great video !!! BKXC bravo how you kept going at 180 rpm while zaq was telling old story bears like if he was hanging in a bar with a beer ! Well done with the plus of a rainy day !!!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

Join a "no dab" video for our local IMBA chapter?

Hi,

One of my riding buddies, Charlie, works hard behind the scenes to keep our trails open, also works with the county and Mid Pen to help establish new biking routes and trails. As a hobby he makes great biking videos, and these are a key part of building grassroots support for trail access. He's a board member of Silicon Valley Mountain Bikers, our local IMBA chapter.

You may not know it, but a new route up Mt Umunhum (near the no dab route) is scheduled to open later this year, and Charlie is working with the county to create a few videos to commemorate this new bike terrain. After I linked him up to this particular thread, he is pretty excited about making a film on the "no dab" challenge with support from some of us and from Mid Pen.

He's got this all set up with MidPen for August 20, so you just need to decide if you would like to join, here are the specifics from Charlie:

"We’ll meet at the bottom of the no dab, where Old Priest and Limekiln Trails intersect, half way up the mountain at 4:30 pm on Sunday Aug 20. We’re hoping you’ll join us. In a minor deviation of the official rules, to accommodate camera set up, drone launching etc, there will be some starting and stopping along the way. MidPen will be transporting me, a second camera person, and their equipment up the mountain as we ride.

The short film will be distributed via MidPen’s and Silicon Valley Mountain Biker’s social media channels. If desired, your anonymity can be retained. Charlie just needs a group of riders not afraid to give it a go. Please contact Charlie directly to rsvp and or discuss, charleskrenz@sbcglobal.net, 650 291 4100."

Bikengineer again: I'm still trying to sort out my own availability given travel in that timeframe, but definitely would like to do this and have a chance to meet some of the "no dab" clan...

Feel free to reach out to Charlie directly as described above, he's a great guy and fun to know in any case.

Best wishes, thanks for considering this,

Bikengineer

Over it
    Jun 2010
    Huh. That's kind of a nasty climb in the summer--in the middle of the day--when it's hot and the trail is dry/loose.

But I'm pretty sure Squasho is available.

(bust out the wolf kit, bro--and remember to keep it under 15 mph)
    Last edited by dirtvert; 07-03-2017 at 10:55 PM.
    Friends don't let friends ride e-"bikes" on dirt.

"I'm just a big snitch with man boobs!" ~ GGG

mtbr member
    Oh heck yeah...I'll reach out.

mtbr member
    Oh heck yeah...I'll reach out.
    +1 I'm in!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bikengineer View Post
    Hi,

One of my riding buddies, Charlie, works hard behind the scenes to keep our trails open, also works with the county and Mid Pen to help establish new biking routes and trails. As a hobby he makes great biking videos, and these are a key part of building grassroots support for trail access. He's a board member of Silicon Valley Mountain Bikers, our local IMBA chapter.

You may not know it, but a new route up Mt Umunhum (near the no dab route) is scheduled to open later this year, and Charlie is working with the county to create a few videos to commemorate this new bike terrain. After I linked him up to this particular thread, he is pretty excited about making a film on the "no dab" challenge with support from some of us and from Mid Pen.

He's got this all set up with MidPen for August 20, so you just need to decide if you would like to join, here are the specifics from Charlie:

"We’ll meet at the bottom of the no dab, where Old Priest and Limekiln Trails intersect, half way up the mountain at 4:30 pm on Sunday Aug 20. We’re hoping you’ll join us. In a minor deviation of the official rules, to accommodate camera set up, drone launching etc, there will be some starting and stopping along the way. MidPen will be transporting me, a second camera person, and their equipment up the mountain as we ride.

The short film will be distributed via MidPen’s and Silicon Valley Mountain Biker’s social media channels. If desired, your anonymity can be retained. Charlie just needs a group of riders not afraid to give it a go. Please contact Charlie directly to rsvp and or discuss, charleskrenz@sbcglobal.net, 650 291 4100."

Bikengineer again: I'm still trying to sort out my own availability given travel in that timeframe, but definitely would like to do this and have a chance to meet some of the "no dab" clan...

Feel free to reach out to Charlie directly as described above, he's a great guy and fun to know in any case.

Best wishes, thanks for considering this,

Bikengineer
    My crew is in! Almost 50 guys have made this challenge over the years ... looks like an excuse for a good meet and greet?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient rascal View Post
    My crew is in! Almost 50 guys have made this challenge over the years ... looks like an excuse for a good meet and greet?
    Apologies for not chiming in earlier, I'm just getting back from a backpacking trip in the Sierras.
    Thanks to all that can come. As the day get's closer I'll post updates on the filming.
    I'm hoping for at least 4-6 riders, but the more the merrier.
    Between now and the ride, I'll put together a plan for filming.. just where to best set up telephoto and drone shots in the late afternoon.
    I'm hoping I can rig GoPro's on a few riders to better capture the climb.. we can work that out the day of the ride.
    If we're in another nasty heat wave, I may try to work with midPen to postpone to the following Sunday.
    If you haven't already, please write to me direct with your cell phone number... I'll text out any last minute updates on our plan
    Thanks
    Charlie Krenz

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CKrenz View Post
    Apologies for not chiming in earlier, I'm just getting back from a backpacking trip in the Sierras.
    Thanks to all that can come. As the day get's closer I'll post updates on the filming.
    I'm hoping for at least 4-6 riders, but the more the merrier.
    Between now and the ride, I'll put together a plan for filming.. just where to best set up telephoto and drone shots in the late afternoon.
    I'm hoping I can rig GoPro's on a few riders to better capture the climb.. we can work that out the day of the ride.
    If we're in another nasty heat wave, I may try to work with midPen to postpone to the following Sunday.
    If you haven't already, please write to me direct with your cell phone number... I'll text out any last minute updates on our plan
    Thanks
    Charlie Krenz
    Hey Charlie

What's the latest?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I’ve been owing you and the others a confirmatory note.

I’m embarrassed to say this though, but I cant confirm. Things have gotten a bit complicated with the district.

My original filming proposal was real clear, and my contacts with the district said they “wanted to do it all”. “it” here refers to several short films on a variety of Mr Umunhum related projects, recreation being just one of them. On hearing this I got in contact with this group did my best to recruit you all.

It's now not clear how closely they want to support this segment of they project. There’s hesitancy on the drone permit. No re-commitment on the truck escort as yet either. BTW, they’ve been very helpful and cooperative the other aspects of the project.

I’m reasonably confident they will support the effort in the end, with at least the ranger/truck, but if they don’t, would you still be up for riding/filmin the route? we can release it through MTBR.com and the Silicon Valley Mountain Bikers Face book page.

I hope to have this resolved by the end of the day… I’ll be in touch once I know more.

Charlie

mtbr member
    Works for me. Thanks!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    There's another way riders may be able to help this aggressively silly effort. If things go as planned, One evening in a few weeks (possibly 8/30 or 9/2) I'll be filming all of Umunhum/Sierra Azul from a small plane. It would be great if there were more than a few riders/hikers out. If some of the riders we're on Dogmeat, so much the better. I'll write again once we nail down our plan. That plan will be depend on the weather with a day of flight final decision on whether we go or not.
    Thanks, Charlie

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Cautious optimism... I just got off the phone with my contact at Midpen. She sounded a bit overwhelmed by the mounting obligations related to the opening of the summit, but that they want to move ahead with the filming on Dogmeat. I was asked enough clarifying questions that I'm convinced that they are sincere. Bottom line here is that I think this is on for this Sunday and that there's a good chance i'll be allowed to get some drone based aerials. I'll update with more detail as the picture becomes more clear
    Thanks for what I hope is your continued patience.

mtbr member
    So what you are saying is we might actually have to ride that god awful mountain Sunday. 10-4.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    sure hope so. I'll keep you posted as I learn more. By the way, I did a more deliberate survey of the route for optimal camera angles a few days ago. Dabbed just before "the cone". Y'all are super human making your way up that evil hill.

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by CKrenz View Post
    If things go as planned, One evening in a few weeks (possibly 8/30 or 9/2) I'll be filming all of Umunhum/Sierra Azul from a small plane. It would be great if there were more than a few riders/hikers out.
    I can make either/both of these dates, depending on scheduled timeframe. I’ll be the dumbass on the fatbike.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    I can make either/both of these dates, depending on scheduled timeframe. I’ll be the dumbass on the fatbike.
    I'm available 24/7 for the dogmeat deal.

Wēk Sôs
    Quote Originally Posted by BKXC View Post

Where you slipped was Dogmeat. It's not really a destination ride, lol.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmHolland View Post
    Where you slipped was Dogmeat. It's not really a destination ride, lol.
    ^ ^ ^ not a destination ... Blasphemy!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    IamHolland: Thank you for posting your video some time ago. it inspired me to try to film the route as well. I also went out and bought one of those EVO gimbals you use. They're great. BTW, if there was anyway you could attend this coming Sunday I could use some help handling bike mounted GoPro's. I you bring yours, we'd have 2 EVO mounted GoPros and I've a couple more we can mount in a variety of more conventional ways. I know its kind of invasive, but I hope to catch some facial expressions on the way up.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    I just got this message from my contact at MidPen:
    "On my way home so can't type much, but was confirmed a ranger for Sunday to meet at 4pm. We can talk more details but this is 100% good to go. Drone is still pending, I will follow up tomorrow. "
    So, this is officially on. Plan has it that I'll meet the Ranger at the bottom of Old Priest at 4:00pm sunday. He or She and I will then drive up and meet all riders at the bottom of Dogmeat at 4:30. I've told MidPen that we'll be done filming by 7:00 and the Ranger will be back to the bottom of the hill by 7:30.

PRETENDURO
    How do I structure the words to tell my team manager that this is more important to me than the final XC SS race for the season series happening also this coming Sunday???
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    How do I structure the words to tell my team manager that this is more important to me than the final XC SS race for the season series happening also this coming Sunday???
    Dogmeat Challenge film this Sunday Please open and respond to this thread with an ... I'm in!

fc
    stoked Administrator
    Pretty cool Charlie!!!
    IPA will save America

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12