Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Hipster
    # 3 for me today and #4 for LP! Here is the video evidence of El Hombre's successful attempt:

mtbr member

One more new guy in

Jason ... w/out the Argonauts also made it right after todays trio. He will join mtbr but I told him we would add him to the list.
    You became weak loafing around in that big girly gear! -Soares

mtbr member
    The best dogmeat video I have seen. The commentators are also top notch! This might sound weird but I feel a whole lot better about cleaning dogmeat now after watching Dirk muscle up it. This video captures just how hard this climb really is and just a bit of sideways can ruin the attempts. Great job to all of you guys today and to JL for getting it too.
    They never made the "Slowster"

PRETENDURO
    Hehe! I screwed up on the commentary on Marco’s video, as I mentioned “2012 Dogmeat no-dabs”. I should have just said “3rd annual” instead. Oh well.

Was a great ride today, conditions up Dogmeat were just about perfect. Dirk is a macho studman, as he dabbed about 2/3 or so of the way up, but then took it like a man and went all the way back down and did it again—this time clearing it!

Yes, yes, yes! I am now 4 for 4 (or is that four for four?) on Dogmeat no-dabs successes… seriously, it’s all in the 26"x3.8" tires, as I really am not as awesome a rider as the rest of you are. So, the list now needs updating. Oh yeah, and add that Jason Yoo fellow (also a trail volunteer dude) to the list along with Dirk and J.L.!

The Ancient Rascal™ after having cleared the Båstard Brothers™ no-dabs on his singlespeed (Dirk looks like he’s lighting firecrackers in that photo, or maybe burning ants with a magnifying glass):
    IMG_0707
    Yes, lots of ice on the ground, it was freakin’ coooold!!!:
    IMG_0708
    A still shot of Dirk clearing Dogmeat with sunshine and clear skies in the background:
    IMG_0711
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

Smile No dab T-shirt

Quote Originally Posted by squashyo View Post
    Here's how it works: between now and April 30, 2013, clean Dogmeat (from start of intersection of Limekiln and Priest Rock to top of mountain at the intersection...once you start, you cannot put your foot down) and you earn your name on the Wall of Fame and a Dogmeat No-Dab Tee-Shirt. I have done beers in the past so mixing it up with something more long lasting. Shirts are only available if more than 11 make the board before time runs out. Honor system.
    AND FINALLY, if anyone wants to suggest or help with shirt design, let me know. GOOD LUCK and bring on the pain!
    Hi squashyo,

I cleaned Dogmeat today. So how do I get the Tshirt?

mtbr member
    Wow, epic day for DM! Well played JL, El Hombre, and new to the list jasony13! Congrats!!! El Hombre, nice one hand on bar/thumbs up move before the real grind...brave!

Also, way to go you other guys for showing that this bastard of a ride can be done again, and again, and again. Jason, shirts are available when challenge is over end of April.

3rd Annual Dogmeat Wall of Fame:
    1) Squashyo
    2) orthorex
    3) Andy J.
    4) skidmarque
    5) pmarshall (2x)
    6) mboldt (x3)
    7) ask (Double Shot - in one day)
    8) rogan
    9) Ancient Rascal (Single Speed!)
    10) Axe
    11) lilysdad
    12) sirkrameroy
    13) Leopold Porkstacker (4x)
    14) Tosa
    15) JL de Jong
    16) El Hombre
    17) jasony13
    Peanut butter Tuesday, if you know what I mean!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    The best dogmeat video I have seen. The commentators are also top notch! This might sound weird but I feel a whole lot better about cleaning dogmeat now after watching Dirk muscle up it. This video captures just how hard this climb really is and just a bit of sideways can ruin the attempts. Great job to all of you guys today and to JL for getting it too.
    Great commentary indeed... and video, though the hill looks a lot tamer on it than it feels in real life. You sure this was Dog Meat?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Good job guys! BTW...you guys make it look so easy. I keep telling myself, next for sure...lol.

BEASTLY EFFORTS BY ALL!!!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    The Ancient Rascal™ after having cleared the Båstard Brothers™ no-dabs on his singlespeed (Dirk looks like he’s lighting firecrackers in that photo, or maybe burning ants with a magnifying glass)

I was trying to find the Rascal's better looking side; here he is, right before he's about to give us some questionable marriage counseling/advice...

Since LP ran out of challenges, he took it upon him to wheelie the entire 3 Walls, segment...

Marco arriving on Woods

PRETENDURO
    So… who is next? April is still a few months away.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Man I hate that darn Kennedy climb, but it is sure a lot of fun riding with you guys. Had a great time Saturday with A. Rascal, LP, Mboldt and elHombre, thanks for waiting for me.

mtbr member

3 times a Squashyo!

Cleared it today and by far the worst conditions of the three times! Dry and loose and still steep. Thanks Josh for the tube at the top! I cleaned it and then at the top of kennedy pulled over to pump up the tire a bit. Snapped the stem off and Josh was coming up and donated a tube to me! Thank you, thank you!!!!

PRETENDURO
    Cleared it today and by far the worst conditions of the three times! Dry and loose and still steep. Thanks Josh for the tube at the top! I cleaned it and then at the top of kennedy pulled over to pump up the tire a bit. Snapped the stem off and Josh was coming up and donated a tube to me! Thank you, thank you!!!!
    Nice work, dude!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Nice! Great job Paul.

mtbr member

The mythical dog meat climb in the mist!
    Might be perfect traction tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mtbr member
    The clouds were trippy out there today
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3rd Annual Dogmeat No Dab Challenge....ahhhh yeah!-photo.jpg  

mtbr member
    Alright...who's next!? Trail should be pretty good for accomplishing this beast.

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by squashyo View Post
    Alright...who's next!? Trail should be pretty good for accomplishing this beast.
    I’d love to get out there sometime this week, perhaps Wednesday or Friday. But would I be a Dog Meat Whore for doing 5 no dabs in a row?

Hipster

3rd Annual Dogmeat No Dab Challenge....ahhhh yeah!

I’d love to get out there sometime this week, perhaps Wednesday or Friday. But would I be a Dog Meat Whore for doing 5 no dabs in a row?
    Not if you take the 29er

mtbr member
    I might go there on Friday if all works out. I have no bailout granny gear anymore so the possibility of me making this has gone down drastically. I also might skip it and just ride a whole lot better place since this has already been checked off my list. Hmmmm..what to do??

mtbr member

We all expected this?

Why not? .... some of us dig going for personal glory as Paul says. Give them something to shoot at LP ! Bury it I say ... Srlsy ... I'm doing a bit of shoveling on the Kennedy side ya know ! ... 2 in a row several times over the years was all I could do.
    Last edited by ancient rascal; 02-05-2013 at 07:56 AM. Reason: In a row deal is big deal.

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by mboldt View Post
    Not if you take the 29er
    Well… I’d actually been putting some thought into the idea. It will hurt a lot more than on the fatbike though—disregard the 11 pound weight discrepancy.

mtbr member

We both missed today

LG man and I tried for the no dab today. I did not have a prayer with the hbc 19t and half crashed on the first steep one right after the first 1/4 mile. He missed the super steep one before the long uphill straight away. Brutal workout no doubt. I was able to clean the rest from this spot from an old pic.Name:  1110120819.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  6.0 KB3rd Annual Dogmeat No Dab Challenge....ahhhh yeah!-0526121302.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Idea! Woohoo. I finally cleaned Dogmeat on Thursday!

Mountain Bike Ride Profile | Dogmeat No dabs! First time! near Los Gatos | Times and Records | Strava

Add me on this list. I have attempted 4 times in the last few months, always dabbing near the top. Even though it was pretty dry out there, I just slowed down and crawled instead of the usual, trying to scramble up the whole thing. The little bit of energy conservation was just enough to help dig deep and get over the traction /balance/steepness issues at the top.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by vincinator99 View Post
    Mountain Bike Ride Profile | Dogmeat No dabs! First time! near Los Gatos | Times and Records | Strava

Add me on this list. I have attempted 4 times in the last few months, always dabbing near the top. Even though it was pretty dry out there, I just slowed down and crawled instead of the usual, trying to scramble up the whole thing. The little bit of energy conservation was just enough to help dig deep and get over the traction /balance/steepness issues at the top.
    Spectacular! Way to keep at it and yes, slow and steady wins the race for me on this one as well. Well done sir...and gave you your first rep point but it's not showing up (say what?). (Also recognizing Paul's 3rd here too. WHO"S NEXT!?

3rd Annual Dogmeat Wall of Fame:
    1) Squashyo
    2) orthorex
    3) Andy J.
    4) skidmarque
    5) pmarshall (3x)
    6) mboldt (x3)
    7) ask (Double Shot - in one day)
    8) rogan
    9) Ancient Rascal (Single Speed!)
    10) Axe
    11) lilysdad
    12) sirkrameroy
    13) Leopold Porkstacker (4x)
    14) Tosa
    15) JL de Jong
    16) El Hombre
    17) jasony13
    18) vincinator99

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast