Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by ask View Post
    Done... I finally completed the double dogmeat no-dabber. I have tried it a couple times in past years, but always failed. This year I went super slow and pulled it off. I think I fried my granny gear though... it was sucking in the chain pretty bad on the last climb and I had to middle-ring the entire way back to my truck.

It was sunny when I left my house and then proceeded to rain the entire time I was rolling... and then stopped when I got back to my truck. So you can imagine the climbing conditions were less than stellar. About the .6 mile mark up Dogmeat I literally could not see any knobs on either tire. It was pretty funny.

Anyway... I hate this climb and I am never doing it again.

Congrats to all of you that have completed this climb and good luck to everyone that is planning to try it. It is not that bad.

Mad respect for lickin this btch two years in a row!
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    I have it on good authority that Ancient Rascal succeeded in slaying this beast yesterday or today (?) on a single speed no less. Frickin' animal! Way to go AR and please tell us the story when you have a chance:

3rd Annual Dogmeat Wall of Fame:
    1) Squashyo
    2) orthorex
    3) Andy J.
    4) skidmarque
    5) pmarshall
    6) mboldt
    7) ask (double Shot)
    8) Ancient Rascal (Single Speed!)
    Peaut butter Tuesday, if you kow what I mea!

mtbr member

Happy Friday !

What a beautiful day to be out riding. Ran into B. climber today at the intersection of Kennedy and Dogmeat. He was fired up after doing a Sub 20/40. I was fired up for making Dogmeat on the Lynskey @ 32x22. The trail is perfect and I am guessing that Troy has been out there sweeping it off like he did last year as it was spotless and void of even small rocks.Name:  1123121234a.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  28.0 KB

Name:  1123121221.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  27.9 KB

Name:  1123121214a.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  28.7 KB
    You became weak loafing around in that big girly gear! -Soares

ask
    user
    Wow! SS no dab... Amazing AR! 32x21?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ask View Post
    Wow! SS no dab... Amazing AR! 32x21?
    Thanks man! I have 19t-22t and would love to go lower if I can. Lilysdad has already let me know today that he is going to do it SS also. Your coming after me with your SS too right? I'm sure LP is gonna chime in and go fat bike SS. Like I said ... the gates are open ... SS winner announced April 30 2013?
    Last edited by ancient rascal; 11-23-2012 at 05:54 PM.

PRETENDURO
    So you cleared it with 32x22??? Congrats!!! You are truly an animal!
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Congrats AR awesome stuff!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    So you cleared it with 32x22??? Congrats!!! You are truly an animal!
    Yes sir 32x22 like my run on 12/31/2011. No animal here, just a guy obsessed with Dogmeat/The Face as I used to call it...yes since 1996. Using your word "Proper" ... 32x20 would qualify. Hope I can be there when you clean it. LG man and I are headed there tamale. He has some catching up to do!

mtbr member
    WOW!!!!!!!! Well done Ben. Really good stuff. You make all of us "whipper snappers" feel not worthy! So happy you tamed this beast on your SS. Ancient Rascal goes to the top of the list. Lilysdad will make it for sure. He is a super strong rider.
    They never made the "Slowster"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    WOW!!!!!!!! Well done Ben. Really good stuff. You make all of us "whipper snappers" feel not worthy! So happy you tamed this beast on your SS. Ancient Rascal goes to the top of the list. Lilysdad will make it for sure. He is a super strong rider.
    Thanks Paul. But Adam the double dipper is on top me thinks! We still have over 5 months of this "Gonzoabusive"-LG man ... crap to go along with the 20/40 deal / Kennedy side for the fast tough/semi tough guys!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Not strong enough today, Paul. Just got back from an attempt with one dab. I may try again tomorrow.

Let's ride SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient rascal View Post
    What a beautiful day to be out riding. Ran into B. climber today at the intersection of Kennedy and Dogmeat. He was fired up after doing a Sub 20/40. I was fired up for making Dogmeat on the Lynskey @ 32x22. The trail is perfect and I am guessing that Troy has been out there sweeping it off like he did last year as it was spotless and void of even small rocks.Name:  1123121234a.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  28.0 KB

Name:  1123121221.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  27.9 KB

Name:  1123121214a.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  28.7 KB
    Congrats. That's a big deal on SS.

Quote Originally Posted by squashyo View Post
    I have it on good authority that Ancient Rascal succeeded in slaying this beast yesterday or today (?) on a single speed no less. Frickin' animal! Way to go AR and please tell us the story when you have a chance:

3rd Annual Dogmeat Wall of Fame:
    1) Squashyo
    2) orthorex
    3) Andy J.
    4) skidmarque
    5) pmarshall
    6) mboldt
    7) ask (double Shot)
    8) Ancient Rascal (Single Speed!)
    I was told that 'Rogan' has also made this last week. I think he's too shy to say it.

Well done gents.

Rumor has it ... These guys may be thinking about some pmarshall SS'n "personal glory" ... lilysdad, el hombre, ask, LP, mboldt, francois's SS racing buds, etc. You have one also ...eh?
    Yes, I have one, but I am in no SS form this year.

IMHO, SS should only count if you're using semi appropriate gearing. Someone asked earlier; 29er-32x22-23 would be the lowest. 26er-32x20. I pick those as gears that ones that would be lower than any sser would normally ride around here. Ssers around here typically run 29er 32x20 or taller for general riding. Some monsters run 2x1 on their 29ers.
    My 0c.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rensho View Post
    Congrats. That's a big deal on SS.
    Thanks man! I guess its back in the box until next time for the 22t. 3rd Annual Dogmeat No Dab Challenge....ahhhh yeah!-1124121241a.jpg

mtbr member
    Anyone gonna shoot for Dogmeat tomorrow? 50 mile an hour tail wind should be perfect to get you past those deep muddy sections!
    Peaut butter Tuesday, if you kow what I mea!

mtbr member

Yesterday would have worked

Quote Originally Posted by squashyo View Post
    Anyone gonna shoot for Dogmeat tomorrow? 50 mile an hour tail wind should be perfect to get you past those deep muddy sections!
    Today ... not so much ! Getting slammed with rain here in Santa Clara !

Wēk Ss
    What a beautiful day to be out riding. Ran into B. climber today at the intersection of Kennedy and Dogmeat. He was fired up after doing a Sub 20/40. I was fired up for making Dogmeat on the Lynskey @ 32x22. The trail is perfect and I am guessing that Troy has been out there sweeping it off like he did last year as it was spotless and void of even small rocks.
    Damn dude! Congrats! That's just awesomeness and puts you, IMO, a notch above everyone else!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmHolland View Post
    Damn dude! Congrats! That's just awesomeness and puts you, IMO, a notch above everyone else!
    Thanks man ... but it is what it is. I'm OK on sprinting hills but most of the guys on the list are faster and tougher than I am. That Lynskey is a "cheater climbing bike" and dollars to donuts loads of other riders could jump on it and go clean dogmeat. Yes it climbs even better than you'd think.

Wēk Ss
    Thanks man ... but it is what it is. I'm OK on sprinting hills but most of the guys on the list are faster and tougher than I am. That Lynskey is a "cheater climbing bike" and dollars to donuts loads of other riders could jump on it and go clean dogmeat. Yes it climbs even better than you'd think.
    People say that all the time, but in my limited experience it's all engine, with small variances for bike. The others didn't do it on a SS. Faster, stronger, perhaps, but not that day. That's a HTFU moment for sure.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmHolland View Post
    People say that all the time, but in my limited experience it's all engine, with small variances for bike. The others didn't do it on a SS. Faster, stronger, perhaps, but not that day. That's a HTFU moment for sure.
    32x22 is very usable. You can stand and almost walk the bike up trails like Power Pole with the easy peasy gearing. Now if I can ever make it 32x20 a proper SS gear ... then ... that will be somewhat noteworthy. Thanks again IAH.

mtbr member

All dry and ready to go!

Dogmeat is dried out but unfortunately still steep and hard to do ! Guess what ... if you can make it to where the rider is in this pic from today and don't mind finishing the rest in various states of blown up ... you will have it made. Rider identity withheld to protect the innocent ! Took the pic from my quit spot on the hill.3rd Annual Dogmeat No Dab Challenge....ahhhh yeah!-1209121148.jpg

Altitude addict
    I cleaned it, but it felt like I was cheating because the traction was so good. It may have been my big wheel bike. It was the first time I climbed it on my 29.

mtbr member

Nice !

Quote Originally Posted by rogan View Post
    I cleaned it, but it felt like I was cheating because the traction was so good. It may have been my big wheel bike. It was the first time I climbed it on my 29.
    Congrats to you sir ! If you made it before Nov. 23 perhaps #8 should be you and #9 for me?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Dogmeat is dried out but unfortunately still steep and hard to do ! Guess what ... if you can make it to where the rider is in this pic from today and don't mind finishing the rest in various states of blown up ... you will have it made. Rider identity withheld to protect the innocent ! Took the pic from my quit spot on the hill.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1209121148.jpg 
Views:	288 
Size:	111.6 KB 
ID:	743708
    You nailed the max pain spot. Although a barney move has bit my a$$ just past that point more than a few times.

Tomorrow I get X2. I hope...

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast