• 11-21-2012
    Leopold Porkstacker
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by ask View Post
    Done... I finally completed the double dogmeat no-dabber. I have tried it a couple times in past years, but always failed. This year I went super slow and pulled it off. I think I fried my granny gear though... it was sucking in the chain pretty bad on the last climb and I had to middle-ring the entire way back to my truck.

    It was sunny when I left my house and then proceeded to rain the entire time I was rolling... and then stopped when I got back to my truck. :rolleyes: So you can imagine the climbing conditions were less than stellar. About the .6 mile mark up Dogmeat I literally could not see any knobs on either tire. It was pretty funny.

    Anyway... I hate this climb and I am never doing it again. :lol:

    Congrats to all of you that have completed this climb and good luck to everyone that is planning to try it. It is not that bad.

    http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8344/8...94dd9792b6.jpg

    Mad respect for lickin’ this b¡tch two years in a row! :thumbsup:
  • 11-23-2012
    squashyo
    I have it on good authority that Ancient Rascal succeeded in slaying this beast yesterday or today (?) on a single speed no less. Frickin' animal! Way to go AR and please tell us the story when you have a chance:

    3rd Annual Dogmeat Wall of Fame:
    1) Squashyo
    2) orthorex
    3) Andy J.
    4) skidmarque
    5) pmarshall
    6) mboldt
    7) ask (double Shot)
    8) Ancient Rascal (Single Speed!)
  • 11-23-2012
    ancient rascal
    3 Attachment(s)
    Happy Friday !
    What a beautiful day to be out riding. Ran into B. climber today at the intersection of Kennedy and Dogmeat. He was fired up after doing a Sub 20/40. I was fired up for making Dogmeat on the Lynskey @ 32x22. The trail is perfect and I am guessing that Troy has been out there sweeping it off like he did last year as it was spotless and void of even small rocks.Attachment 739548

    Attachment 739549

    Attachment 739550
  • 11-23-2012
    ask
    Wow! SS no dab... Amazing AR! 32x21?
  • 11-23-2012
    ancient rascal
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by ask View Post
    Wow! SS no dab... Amazing AR! 32x21?

    Thanks man! I have 19t-22t and would love to go lower if I can. Lilysdad has already let me know today that he is going to do it SS also. Your coming after me with your SS too right? I'm sure LP is gonna chime in and go fat bike SS. Like I said ... the gates are open ... SS winner announced April 30 2013?:yesnod:
  • 11-23-2012
    Leopold Porkstacker
    So… you cleared it with 32x22??? Congrats!!! You are truly an animal!
  • 11-23-2012
    Smilerz
    Congrats AR awesome stuff!
  • 11-24-2012
    ancient rascal
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    So… you cleared it with 32x22??? Congrats!!! You are truly an animal!

    Yes sir 32x22 like my run on 12/31/2011. No animal here, just a guy obsessed with Dogmeat/The Face as I used to call it...yes since 1996. Using your word "Proper" ... 32x20 would qualify. Hope I can be there when you clean it. LG man and I are headed there tamale. He has some catching up to do! :lol:
  • 11-24-2012
    pmarshall
    WOW!!!!!!!! Well done Ben. Really good stuff. You make all of us "whipper snappers" feel not worthy! So happy you tamed this beast on your SS. Ancient Rascal goes to the top of the list. Lilysdad will make it for sure. He is a super strong rider.
  • 11-24-2012
    ancient rascal
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    WOW!!!!!!!! Well done Ben. Really good stuff. You make all of us "whipper snappers" feel not worthy! So happy you tamed this beast on your SS. Ancient Rascal goes to the top of the list. Lilysdad will make it for sure. He is a super strong rider.

    Thanks Paul. But Adam the double dipper is on top me thinks! We still have over 5 months of this "Gonzoabusive"-LG man ... crap to go along with the 20/40 deal / Kennedy side for the fast tough/semi tough guys! :D
  • 11-24-2012
    lilysdad
    Not strong enough today, Paul. Just got back from an attempt with one dab. I may try again tomorrow.
  • 11-24-2012
    rensho
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by ancient rascal View Post
    What a beautiful day to be out riding. Ran into B. climber today at the intersection of Kennedy and Dogmeat. He was fired up after doing a Sub 20/40. I was fired up for making Dogmeat on the Lynskey @ 32x22. The trail is perfect and I am guessing that Troy has been out there sweeping it off like he did last year as it was spotless and void of even small rocks.Attachment 739548

    Attachment 739549

    Attachment 739550

    Congrats. That's a big deal on SS.
  • 11-24-2012
    rensho
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by squashyo View Post
    I have it on good authority that Ancient Rascal succeeded in slaying this beast yesterday or today (?) on a single speed no less. Frickin' animal! Way to go AR and please tell us the story when you have a chance:

    3rd Annual Dogmeat Wall of Fame:
    1) Squashyo
    2) orthorex
    3) Andy J.
    4) skidmarque
    5) pmarshall
    6) mboldt
    7) ask (double Shot)
    8) Ancient Rascal (Single Speed!)

    I was told that 'Rogan' has also made this last week. I think he's too shy to say it. ;)

    Well done gents.
  • 11-24-2012
    rensho
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by ancient rascal View Post
    Rumor has it ... These guys may be thinking about some pmarshall SS'n "personal glory" ... lilysdad, el hombre, ask, LP, mboldt, francois's SS racing buds, etc. You have one also ...eh?

    Yes, I have one, but I am in no SS form this year.

    IMHO, SS should only count if you're using semi appropriate gearing. Someone asked earlier; 29er-32x22-23 would be the lowest. 26er-32x20. I pick those as gears that ones that would be lower than any sser would normally ride around here. Ssers around here typically run 29er 32x20 or taller for general riding. Some monsters run 2x1 on their 29ers.
    My 0c.
  • 11-24-2012
    ancient rascal
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by rensho View Post
    Congrats. That's a big deal on SS.

    Thanks man! I guess its back in the box until next time for the 22t. Attachment 739668
  • 12-01-2012
    squashyo
    Anyone gonna shoot for Dogmeat tomorrow? 50 mile an hour tail wind should be perfect to get you past those deep muddy sections!
  • 12-02-2012
    ancient rascal
    Yesterday would have worked
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by squashyo View Post
    Anyone gonna shoot for Dogmeat tomorrow? 50 mile an hour tail wind should be perfect to get you past those deep muddy sections!

    Today ... not so much ! Getting slammed with rain here in Santa Clara !
  • 12-02-2012
    IAmHolland
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by ancient rascal View Post
    What a beautiful day to be out riding. Ran into B. climber today at the intersection of Kennedy and Dogmeat. He was fired up after doing a Sub 20/40. I was fired up for making Dogmeat on the Lynskey @ 32x22. The trail is perfect and I am guessing that Troy has been out there sweeping it off like he did last year as it was spotless and void of even small rocks.

    Damn dude! Congrats! That's just awesomeness and puts you, IMO, a notch above everyone else!
  • 12-02-2012
    ancient rascal
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by IAmHolland View Post
    Damn dude! Congrats! That's just awesomeness and puts you, IMO, a notch above everyone else!

    Thanks man ... but it is what it is. I'm OK on sprinting hills but most of the guys on the list are faster and tougher than I am. That Lynskey is a "cheater climbing bike" and dollars to donuts loads of other riders could jump on it and go clean dogmeat. Yes it climbs even better than you'd think. ;)
  • 12-02-2012
    IAmHolland
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by ancient rascal View Post
    Thanks man ... but it is what it is. I'm OK on sprinting hills but most of the guys on the list are faster and tougher than I am. That Lynskey is a "cheater climbing bike" and dollars to donuts loads of other riders could jump on it and go clean dogmeat. Yes it climbs even better than you'd think. ;)

    People say that all the time, but in my limited experience it's all engine, with small variances for bike. The others didn't do it on a SS. :) Faster, stronger, perhaps, but not that day. That's a HTFU moment for sure.
  • 12-02-2012
    ancient rascal
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by IAmHolland View Post
    People say that all the time, but in my limited experience it's all engine, with small variances for bike. The others didn't do it on a SS. :) Faster, stronger, perhaps, but not that day. That's a HTFU moment for sure.

    32x22 is very usable. You can stand and almost walk the bike up trails like Power Pole with the easy peasy gearing. Now if I can ever make it 32x20 a proper SS gear ... then ... that will be somewhat noteworthy. Thanks again IAH. :D
  • 12-09-2012
    ancient rascal
    1 Attachment(s)
    All dry and ready to go!
    Dogmeat is dried out but unfortunately still steep and hard to do ! :p Guess what ... if you can make it to where the rider is in this pic from today and don't mind finishing the rest in various states of blown up ... you will have it made. Rider identity withheld to protect the innocent ! Took the pic from my quit spot on the hill.Attachment 743708
  • 12-09-2012
    rogan
    I cleaned it, but it felt like I was cheating because the traction was so good. It may have been my big wheel bike. It was the first time I climbed it on my 29.
  • 12-09-2012
    ancient rascal
    Nice !
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by rogan View Post
    I cleaned it, but it felt like I was cheating because the traction was so good. It may have been my big wheel bike. It was the first time I climbed it on my 29.

    Congrats to you sir ! :thumbsup: If you made it before Nov. 23 perhaps #8 should be you and #9 for me? :)
  • 12-09-2012
    orthorex
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by ancient rascal View Post
    Dogmeat is dried out but unfortunately still steep and hard to do ! :p Guess what ... if you can make it to where the rider is in this pic from today and don't mind finishing the rest in various states of blown up ... you will have it made. Rider identity withheld to protect the innocent ! Took the pic from my quit spot on the hill.Attachment 743708

    You nailed the max pain spot. Although a barney move has bit my a$$ just past that point more than a few times. :)

    Tomorrow I get X2. I hope...