Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
    Wēk Ss
    Quote Originally Posted by shredchic View Post
    I have no idea what I'm signing up for.
    Bring a friend, cause it sucks donkey balls.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Happy to check the DMNDC off the list. Got it this morning and it was painful. As usual. Like a dope, I allowed myself to drift over to the right on one of the steeper sections near the top. Somehow plowed through. Don't HAVE to do it again for a year.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by orthorex View Post
    Happy to check the DMNDC off the list. Got it this morning and it was painful. As usual. Like a dope, I allowed myself to drift over to the right on one of the steeper sections near the top. Somehow plowed through. Don't HAVE to do it again for a year.

Nice!
    They never made the "Slowster"

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    It was busy on Dogmeat today. I saw two other riders going up. I tried to make it without dabs, but after a week of 12 hours each day in the office and a doughnut for breakfast, I didn't have it in me. I tried a second time, but swerved into the loose rocks and dabbed again. OK, back to a some training runs on Ranch Road in Fremont Older, a couple of Mission Peaks at lunch time and then I'll try this monster again.

Also known as Menso's dad.

mtbr member

You are correct sir

Quadzilla ...Motobecane Brian and myself also gave dogmeat a shot today. Looks like some folks are wanting to bring cleaned dogmeat to the Turkey day ride. I plan to ! .
    You became weak loafing around in that big girly gear! -Soares

mtbr member
    Nice job orthorex!

3rd Annual Dogmeat Wall of Fame:
    1) Squashyo
    2) orthorex
    Peanut butter Tuesday, if you know what I mean!

rho
    Captain Pinchflat
    I might give it a shot tomorrow. Depending on if I feel like driving to go ride or not...

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rho View Post
    I might give it a shot tomorrow. Depending on if I feel like driving to go ride or not...
    Let me know what time you'll be heading out. I might go and get this challenge off the -to do list-.

mtbr member
    I am heading out with some free time to try and get this done. Will be starting in downtown LG, go through st joes and up overgrown. Then hopefully up dogmeat with no dabs. Only have about 2.5 hours to ride so wont be messing around. Going to remember to lower my tire pressure at the overgrown dogmeat intersection and just grind up dogmeat. I will be parking by summit bikes around 1:30pm.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    I am heading out with some free time to try and get this done. Will be starting in downtown LG, go through st joes and up overgrown. Then hopefully up dogmeat with no dabs. Only have about 2.5 hours to ride so wont be messing around. Going to remember to lower my tire pressure at the overgrown dogmeat intersection and just grind up dogmeat. I will be parking by summit bikes around 1:30pm.
    I'd like to say wish I could join you but this is Dogmeat so the proper reply is glad I can't join you. Good luck and conditions should be pretty dang good.

mtbr member
    Yeah no other reason to join considering my company is not really worth it. The worst reason is I feel a touch sick right now but going to give it a spin. Hope to see others out enjoying the day. I will report back when I can. See you all later.

mtbr member
    Have to reschedule. Dang!

mtbr member
    My buddy Andy cleaned the beast today...said there were quite a few out there on the hill.

1) Squashyo
    2) orthorex
    3) Andy J.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by squashyo View Post
    My buddy Andy cleaned the beast today...said there were quite a few out there on the hill.

1) Squashyo
    2) orthorex
    3) Andy J.
    LG man and I watched him do it! Marco came down dogmeat as we were going up. He crushed the 20/40 deal today! Congrats to both of them!
    You became weak loafing around in that big girly gear! -Soares

mtbr member
    Cleaned it this morning. I think the secret was fueling with oatmeal instead of the Reuben sandwich I had last week.

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=skidmarque;9865488]Cleaned it this morning. I think the secret was fueling with oatmeal instead of the Reuben sandwich I had last week.

Um, BRRRRR!!!! Avg Temp 39F
    Nice work man!

1) Squashyo
    2) orthorex
    3) Andy J.
    4) skidmarque

mtbr member
    Good sir please add my name! Went up overgrown and went slowly to conserve energy and power for the ultimate test. Was going along great and got to about halfway up the steep pitch and slid out. I was trying to stick to the non-loose stuff on the left side. Don't do try that! I ended up going straight up the middle the 2nd time and didn't even have one of those "turning to the side without meaning to" moments. Glad to have checked this off my list!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3rd Annual Dogmeat No Dab Challenge....ahhhh yeah!-img_0355.jpg  

Last edited by pmarshall; 11-14-2012 at 05:17 PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Well done, Paul! I kinda like that semi-smooth path on the left of the trail, but it has a nasty sideways slope to it, so maybe straight down the middle is better.
    Also known as Menso's dad.

mtbr member
    Yeah JL- I was thinking the same as you. I slid a little sideways and I am sure my rear tire pressure didn't help on that part because the bike started to come out from beneath me. The middle is hard too but I have to tell myself to keep on the power and momentum will carry you through. Hard to ignore my crazy HR but I figured I wasn't too likely to expire while trying. Saw a guy coming down and and he asked if I was going to make it up. I told him that it was my second go around and yeah, I wasn't going to turn around again. Determination and anger can do a lot for me when I ride.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Good job P-Marsh!

I like your pic.

Sincerely,
    Dion

mtbr member
    Atta boy...I stuck to the left all the way up and managed it ok but it can get in your head with the off camber feel.

1) Squashyo
    2) orthorex
    3) Andy J.
    4) skidmarque
    5) pmarshall

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Well done, well done. Also, that is a great shot if it's from the self timer (or did somebody take it for you?) Anyway perfect lighting and such.

Man, I need to get my wife's bike set up (i.e. the bike w/ gears) and give this a shot.

By the way, how does Dogmeat compare to Ranch Road over at Fremont Older? I've never tried going up Dogmeat but used to ride up Ranch Road all the time when I lived near there.

Axe
    Custom User Title
    Quote Originally Posted by JL de Jong View Post
    El Corte de Madera: Fir trail (from Methusalah to Resolution)
    I tried to no-dab it for a long time. Nope.

mtbr member
    Thanks Gideon, self timer propped on a rock! I dropped it earlier in the ride but it is my work camera so no big deal. So yes, dogmeat is very similar to ranch road in FO. Just a whole lot longer and looser rocks. Ranch road might be a degree or two steeper but it is so short it is way easier. If you drift off to the side there are bigger rocks and a few rutted sections that will screw up any attempts. Give it a go and I have never heard of any SS'ers doing this no-dab. You could be the first!

Hipster
    Got it done! Panicked a little on the last wall when I changed my mind from taking the off camber left line to the looser but flat center. Kept it together though!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast