Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    NONDURO
    The “Dogmeat… All Legs, No Feet” is awesome!!! Liking it a lot. For the back of the shirt, I feel as though Kmax’s design theme (typography treatment, etc.) from the front needs to be carried over to the back.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Squashyo's type is good. We need more cowbell and an eagle dropping a bike from the sky ? 3rd Annual Dogmeat No Dab Challenge....ahhhh yeah!-0416132104.jpg
    You became weak loafing around in that big girly gear! -Soares

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    The “Dogmeat… All Legs, No Feet” is awesome!!! Liking it a lot. For the back of the shirt, I feel as though Kmax’s design theme (typography treatment, etc.) from the front needs to be carried over to the back.
    I also like the idea of the main design on the back and a smaller design on the front.
    They never made the "Slowster"

Totally, and to the max.
    Josh and crew,

Here's the front and back revised. Will need to update the back with final no-dabbers, but you get the idea. The shirt can be any color, but I really like the vintage grey. Goes with the style. Good job, guys. That hill is no joke.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3rd Annual Dogmeat No Dab Challenge....ahhhh yeah!-dogmeat_nodab_shirt-01.jpg  

3rd Annual Dogmeat No Dab Challenge....ahhhh yeah!-dogmeat_nodab_shirt-02.jpg  

mtbr member
    I likeee, I likeee! I dig the grey too. The last thing I want to add is something that indicates there where and the when.

Something on the back perhaps below the Nothing tastes better than success that says" 3rd Annual Dogmeat Challenge Wall of Fame - Upper Priest Rock Trail, Los Gatos, CA 2013" or something like that...

Cool? (I thought it would also be cool to have something say, " I climbed this *****" but that might offend little'uns.)

BY THE WAY...would love to see K-max on the back of that shirt. FC? Only two weeks left and it's getting DRY!!!
    Peanut butter Tuesday, if you know what I mean!

Axe
    Custom User Title
    Quote Originally Posted by squashyo View Post
    Only two weeks left and it's getting DRY!!!
    It will be bloody annoying if I get the T-shirt and go to climb Dogmeat in it only to spin the f**k out.

mtbr member
    I love this! for the back of the shirt:

3rd Annual Dogmeat No Dab Challenge....ahhhh yeah!-4-17-2013-6-55-10-pm.jpg

rho
    Captain Pinchflat
    This is better motivation to climb that stupid hill than warm beer...

mtbr member
    Squash- that is perfect!

ask
    user

3rd Annual Dogmeat No Dab Challenge....ahhhh yeah!

That design is soooo good (front and back). Stoked to wear that shirt!

mtbr member
    May 2005

Re: 3rd Annual Dogmeat No Dab Challenge....ahhhh yeah!

That is so good. Sad to say it calls for a 2X on Saturday.

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member

12 Day Countdown of 2013 !

Still two weekends to get your T-shirt folks ! This first steep can stop you early but if it does go back to the start intersection ... gather your strength and give it another go. Prolly made it 3 or 4 times myself with the second try deal ! Good luck ! B. Climber ... Soares ... wat up ? 3rd Annual Dogmeat No Dab Challenge....ahhhh yeah!-1202121549-1-.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I love this! for the back of the shirt:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4-17-2013 6-55-10 PM.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	791642
    you need the max grade in there. it should be phrased like "Max grade (in many places) 39.2 %"

If I saw 1.4 mi at 12.9 grade and did not know the climb, I would not be too impressed.

It's unlikely I will get the shirt unless I have a few of them wild piggies tow me up.
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient rascal View Post
    Still two weekends to get your T-shirt folks ! This first steep can stop you early but if it does go back to the start intersection ... gather your strength and give it another go. Prolly made it 3 or 4 times myself with the second try deal ! Good luck ! B. Climber ... Soares ... wat up ? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1202121549(1).jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	119.7 KB 
ID:	791975
    Stop it. You are making me want to go after this next week and it's my rest week. There's no resting on this hill up or down.
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ziscwg View Post
    Stop it. You are making me want to go after this next week and it's my rest week. There's no resting on this hill up or down.
    Your name will even up the columns ! I can shoot a pic of you cleaning it and post it up?

NONDURO
    Having the multiple repeat offender no-dab counts next to said repeat offender no-dabbers would be a nice artistic flair of sorts. Loving the “nutrition information” centric layup idea as well. But the “vintage 1950s drive-in sausage rodeo” design kicks ass.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Man I am so bummed!! I have ridden these trails off an on for 25 years, but never even tried Dogmeat, why would ya . The last 6 months I have found the love for cycling again and I am getting pretty strong for 46 years old. Tweaked my back something fierce on Kennedy last week and have been down and out ever since. There is no way I can attempt this by the end of the month. 2014 hear I come........

Is this promoted anywhere besides here? Hopefully by replying to this thread I will get notified of next years challenge?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fast380 View Post
    Man I am so bummed!! I have ridden these trails off an on for 25 years, but never even tried Dogmeat, why would ya . The last 6 months I have found the love for cycling again and I am getting pretty strong for 46 years old. Tweaked my back something fierce on Kennedy last week and have been down and out ever since. There is no way I can attempt this by the end of the month. 2014 hear I come........

Is this promoted anywhere besides here? Hopefully by replying to this thread I will get notified of next years challenge?
    Ah, man! Sorry about your back. Same thing happens to me...as soon as I reach somewhere near peak fitness, I get hurt and have to start all over again. Anyhow, yes, this is only promoted here and is low key. Keep your eyes peeled for the 4th Annual coming sometime next year around Oct. Unfortunately there won't likely be a notification other than it's launch on the Norcal Forum.

Less than a week to go everyone else! :0

NONDURO
    Less than a week to go everyone else! :0
    I might be in it for a fifth (5th!!!) no-dabs run on Saturday morning, depends on timing of the day—I have to be at my grandfather’s 80th birthday party at 3:00PM.

mtbr member
    Thought I'd go give this a run today for ?fun?. I think next year I will name this the Absolutely Not Fun Dogmeat Challenge. Holy crap...those of you guys who can do this when it dry are talented and focused. I made it to the last big wall before the left hand turn. I tell you, one false move here and your dead. I had a mini slip out but it was enough to send me to the middle line which ain't as plush. This got me all panicky and I started leaning into the side wall on the right...even made it up the side wall for a bit but I was dead, dead, dead. We need to name this last wall. Here are my picks:
    1) The *****
    2) Dog eat Dog Wall
    3) Satan's Puppy
    4) Insert your name here

I think the most daunting part is when you slogging up and it's not too hard then you hit that first plateau and you can see this wall and you just start to shake. The you hit the next plateau and you can see the whole sheebang and you just start crying...then you pee your pants. Anyhow, less than a week and I got my shirt already but not too late...but it's rough out there right now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3rd Annual Dogmeat No Dab Challenge....ahhhh yeah!-dm1.jpg  

3rd Annual Dogmeat No Dab Challenge....ahhhh yeah!-dm2.jpg  

Hipster

3rd Annual Dogmeat No Dab Challenge....ahhhh yeah!

How about the wall of shame.

NONDURO
    My ideas:

1) Ballbreaker
    2) Balls to the Wall
    3) Squashy’s Folly
    4) Shame Hill
    5) Pucker Peak
    6) Widowmaker
    7) Misery Peak
    8) 1 x None (in reference to it not being recommended to attempt on a 1 x anything setup)
    9) Jackass Hill
    10) Heartbreak Ridge (OK, so it’s not an original name, but it is heartbreaking when you dab at that point)

Eh, whatever. I think I’m out of creativity now.

mtbr member
    2 MORE DAYS PEOPLE. Is this the final list?

3rd Annual Dogmeat Wall of Fame:
    1) Squashyo
    2) orthorex
    3) Andy J.
    4) skidmarque
    5) pmarshall (3x)
    6) mboldt (x3)
    7) ask (Double Shot - in one day) (3x)
    8) rogan
    9) Ancient Rascal (Single Speed!)
    10) Axe
    11) lilysdad
    12) sirkrameroy
    13) Leopold Porkstacker (4x)
    14) Tosa
    15) JL de Jong
    16) El Hombre
    17) jasony13
    18) vincinator99
    19) LG Man
    20) DigDirtDude
    21) BRoyston
    22) Ike22

mtbr member
    For those who might attempt in the next two days, go early in the morning. If you try in the early afternoon, the sun will melt your face off. I have tried it and it sucks. I am one of those guys who gets tomato red when I am riding hard but this goes to a whole new level. Also, if you complete this challenge in the next two days, I will bow to your almighty cycling ability. It just gets harder and harder when it is super dry. My hats off to all of you bad mamajamas!

NONDURO
    Would have loved to have done it on Saturday morning, but thought I was getting over a sinus cold… fast-forward to today, I am NOW getting over the sinus cold which finally escalated into a chest cold. Missed work today, there is no freakin’ way I’d be able to attempt it tomorrow (Tuesday).

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast