Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Zane from Customink.com said yes to photo's ... he would need a high res pic then he could show us a sample. Here's some of what he said. .... Thanks so much for emailing in! I can definitely help you with this! We offer digital printing here at CustomInk, and this will be perfect for your print! Wonder if Marco got a good pic of el hombre climbing dogmeat in addition to his great video?
    You became weak loafing around in that big girly gear! -Soares

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tosa View Post
    next year I shall ride my geeahnt to meet the challange!
    Why wait till next year...still one month left. Challenge ends April 30, midnight. Plenty of room on the back of that Tee.
    I'm not sure how this works.

ask
    user

3rd Annual Dogmeat No Dab Challenge....ahhhh yeah!

I thought today was the last day. Anyways... Dogmeat is just about prime for climbing today. I went to Demo early this morning and did a short lap... Way too wet out there and did not want to damage any trails. Cut the ride short and decided to hit Dogmeat on the way home. Not the prettiest climb I've ever done, but cleaned.

PS - what if the shirt design was a Coors knock off. Dogmeat Challenge in the Coors font over a the mountain top image? Not a huge Coors fan... But the mtn top image could be the Dogmeat / Sierra Azul mtn.

Cheers!
    3rd Annual Dogmeat No Dab Challenge....ahhhh yeah!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1364756587.802419.jpg

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ask View Post
    I thought today was the last day. Anyways... Dogmeat is just about prime for climbing today. I went to Demo early this morning and did a short lap... Way too wet out there and did not want to damage any trails. Cut the ride short and decided to hit Dogmeat on the way home. Not the prettiest climb I've ever done, but cleaned.

PS - what if the shirt design was a Coors knock off. Dogmeat Challenge in the Coors font over a the mountain top image? Not a huge Coors fan... But the mtn top image could be the Dogmeat / Sierra Azul mtn.

Cheers!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364756587.802419.jpg 
Views:	579 
Size:	83.7 KB 
ID:	786249
    Coors beer consumed? ... or returned to the Tecate attitude adjustment area ?

mtbr member
    Just listen to the guy at the end of this clip! It is my life motto!
    They never made the "Slowster"

mtbr member

Dogmeat update

Hey, hey, hey! My good buddy up and went did her this afternoon. Picked a great day to do it too as it's going to get tougher as we head into no rain for a while. He tried a couple weeks back and hiccuped with the top well in sight. Great job Brian!

3rd Annual Dogmeat Wall of Fame:
    1) Squashyo
    2) orthorex
    3) Andy J.
    4) skidmarque
    5) pmarshall (3x)
    6) mboldt (x3)
    7) ask (Double Shot - in one day) (3x)
    8) rogan
    9) Ancient Rascal (Single Speed!)
    10) Axe
    11) lilysdad
    12) sirkrameroy
    13) Leopold Porkstacker (4x)
    14) Tosa
    15) JL de Jong
    16) El Hombre
    17) jasony13
    18) vincinator99
    19) LG Man
    20) DigDirtDude
    21) BRoyston

Only a few weeks left...anyone else gonna try this meaty dog?

Edit: Gave ASK his extra day. I think mboltd added another day too but never got confirmation.
    Last edited by squashyo; 04-06-2013 at 06:48 PM. Reason: addition

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    After getting rejected on 3/29/13, I had to takecare of this Dog Meat Challange, went out again on 4/7/13 and the conditions were great! I took it slow but made it in 22:24
    Ike22

mtbr member
    WELL DONE! Was starting to think we were coming to the end. Great job Ike22...picked a great day to do it too. AR and I were out there on the other side of the mountain...would have been awesome had we seen you at the top. Congrats on your first MTBR post too. Tee Shirt for you!

1) Squashyo
    2) orthorex
    3) Andy J.
    4) skidmarque
    5) pmarshall (3x)
    6) mboldt (x3)
    8) rogan
    10) Axe
    11) lilysdad
    12) sirkrameroy
    14) Tosa
    15) JL de Jong
    16) El Hombre
    17) jasony13
    18) vincinator99
    19) LG Man
    20) DigDirtDude
    21) BRoyston
    22) Ike22
    Last edited by squashyo; 04-11-2013 at 02:41 PM. Reason: wrong number

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I have been not riding much lately, so I am not in shape to accomplish the Dogmeat No Dab. But I am feeling inspired after 4 consecutive days of riding this week. If I can get in some more good workout rides over the next couple weeks, I will give Dogmeat a go on Monday April 29th.

Quote Originally Posted by squashyo View Post
    WELL DONE! Was starting to think we were coming to the end. Great job Ike22...picked a great day to do it too. AR and I were out there on the other side of the mountain...would have been awesome had we seen you at the top. Congrats on your first MTBR post too. Tee Shirt for you!

1) Squashyo
    2) orthorex
    3) Andy J.
    4) skidmarque
    5) pmarshall (3x)
    6) mboldt (x3)
    8) rogan
    10) Axe
    11) lilysdad
    12) sirkrameroy
    14) Tosa
    15) JL de Jong
    16) El Hombre
    17) jasony13
    18) vincinator99
    19) LG Man
    20) DigDirtDude
    21) BRoyston
    22) Ike22

mtbr member
    Congrats Ike22 ! Just got back from there. Did a run to the top of Kennedy with b. climber. He is gonna try a few times at least before the deadline. If the name list gets too crowded on the back of the shirt ... its OK to put # 9 on the front of the shirt ... I will take one for the team ! 3rd Annual Dogmeat No Dab Challenge....ahhhh yeah!-0411131221.jpg
    Last edited by ancient rascal; 04-11-2013 at 03:19 PM.

mtbr member
    Tried again today. It was a nice day for a ride, with sun but moderate temps. But it was slick out there. Lots of loose crumble on top of hard pack. Spun out in a few places that didn't seem that steep. Things I rode right through on the first try even though I'd never been there before.

Even went back to the start twice but after spinning out in the same spot a third time I just pushed on to catch up to my friend who had gone ahead.

The real question in my mind was whether or not I could power up the long steep part that got me last time. The answer is still no, but I definitely did better and got within maybe 20-30 feet of the left kink. No rear wheel slip this time. Just ran out of power after maxing out the heart rate for too long.

Looking back

As a consolation we turned right at the top of Priest Rock and rode Kennedy over to Limekiln and back down to the PR/LK intersection. That was new dirt for us so it was fun, although that section of Kennedy has some crazy steep sections and we were sometimes wishing ill on the person who laid out that fire road in the first place.

mtbr member
    That last pic says it all. Nice effort for sure! With no rain, it's getting way tougher. I think you've got this one though...just rest like crazy on the little relief spots and little engine that could that last bastard wall.

mtbr member
    That last photo is fantastic... Fireroad climbs: You don't love them, and they definitely don't love you back. I've never climbed Dogmeat, so I've gotta go out and give it a try, even if there's very little chance that I'll do it without dabbing...

mtbr member
    Squashyo, the encouragement is appreciated but I rested as best I could and actually felt like I nailed the pre-ride nutrition really well this time. It could maybe have been a bit cooler, but it wasn't really hot out so overall I was in the best shape I could expect. The climb up Limekiln seemed easier than last time and I took a break at the trail junction before starting up again.

Here's my nomination for the image for the t-shirt for all those who tried but didn't make it.

mtbr member
    So many times any of us have tried and failed at this dreaded climb! I don't have a granny gear anymore so there is no way I would be able to make it again. Squashyo is right though, it gets tougher as summer approaches. All the extra work your heart has to do to fuel the muscles in your upper body just to hold on to the bike! Hard to save energy getting to the base of dogmeat then trying to find it while on the steepest pitch. Good try and don't give up yet.

PRETENDURO
    It took me more than eight attempts before I nailed it no-dabs… but when I tried it on my fatbike, success—four times in a row. 90% bike, 10% rider skill. I’m telling you, riding a fatbike is like riding up on a couch with a beer in one hand. It really makes it easier than it should be. Metric buttloads of traction from the 26"x3.8" Surly Nate tires. These other guys who’ve nailed it no-dabs I believe have more skill than me.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member

5 attempts in 2 weeks

Just don't give up on it. I put a good beat down on myself to "get my name in the lights" Still always ... kind of a near death experience some would say. Thread from the first years challenge 2010-2011 Cleaned Dogmeat! F. Yeah! Club? - Page 3

mtbr member

Shirt

Yo playas

Kmax designed this wicked looking shirt. I dig it. I'll still have the winners on the back and maybe make mention of the third annual somewhere on front. But what do you think...this new one or my old one:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3rd Annual Dogmeat No Dab Challenge....ahhhh yeah!-4-16-2013-4-01-53-pm.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    And you could say ... "Dogmeat" ... It's what's for dinner !

mtbr member

3rd Annual Dogmeat No Dab Challenge....ahhhh yeah!

That new shirt is the shizzle.

mtbr member
    The shizzle it is'll
    Last edited by squashyo; 04-16-2013 at 06:49 PM. Reason: t

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    That new shirt is awesome. Nice work!

mtbr member
    KMAX is the man!!!!!!! He seriously has some skill and that shirt on top is a winner for sure. I will be proud to wear it. You tell me how much they are because I will buy a few and sell em on Ebay! Kidding, but I do want to buy a few. Also one little tip, if our names are on the back, I want mine to be a bit different. I want it to be emboldened with flames and also glow in the dark. This will be super cool when I am dancing at raves and the blacklight is on. People will stop me and say, "Are you Pmarshall, the guy that cleaned Dogmeat?" I will respond, "Why yes I am, would you like me to sign your chest?" That dude will be super pumped and go show all his friends!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    KMAX is the man!!!!!!! He seriously has some skill and that shirt on top is a winner for sure. I will be proud to wear it. You tell me how much they are because I will buy a few and sell em on Ebay! Kidding, but I do want to buy a few. Also one little tip, if our names are on the back, I want mine to be a bit different. I want it to be emboldened with flames and also glow in the dark. This will be super cool when I am dancing at raves and the blacklight is on. People will stop me and say, "Are you Pmarshall, the guy that cleaned Dogmeat?" I will respond, "Why yes I am, would you like me to sign your chest?" That dude will be super pumped and go show all his friends!
    I'll make yours a tank top medium.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast