Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Is this thing on?

2nd Annual Team Social Pace Sea Otter XC Pre-Ride, Sunday March 17th

Call up to pre-ride the Sea Otter Classic XC course. It'll give us a chance to ride the course and check it out before the race. This is not going to be a race but a more casual ride with friends. Last year we ahd a big group of three riders. This year should be a bit bigger with Some Quadzilla peeps in attendance and good weather predicted. For you Facebook challenged Quadzillians pmarshall here is the info. If we have a big group we'll break things up into small groups with similar speed. Anyone and everyone is invited. We'll meet in the race track grassy infield at 9:30 and roll out at 10:00. After the ride we'll relax and hang with BEER and food. So bring food and drinks to share. Monterrey County charges an $8 day use fee so car pooling is best.

2nd Annual Team Social Pace Sea Otter XC Pre-Ride, Sunday March 17th-319387_282718971835095_2135420758_n.jpg
    2nd Annual Team Social Pace Sea Otter XC Pre-Ride, Sunday March 17th-394677_282718988501760_1556115392_n.jpg
    2nd Annual Team Social Pace Sea Otter XC Pre-Ride, Sunday March 17th-so-xc-05.jpg

Is this thing on?
    Links to the Cat 2 and 3 course routes. I looks like the same course as last year.

Cat 2: http://www.seaotterclassic.com/userf...202%281%29.pdf

Cat 3: http://www.seaotterclassic.com/userf...203%281%29.pdf

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    It's gonna be fun.

PRETENDURO
    Looks like I have the weekend to myself, so count me in. Iím willing to pay for gas money if someone else drives, I freakiní despise driving. Oh, and Iíll also bring beer and food.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Is the entire course open to the public for riding on any weekend? I'm thinking of taking some beginners later this month to get used to the trail.

Is this thing on?
    Fort Ord is a park and open to the public. The only portion of the MTB XC course that is closed is around the Laguna Seca Raceway. The XC race starts and goes part way around the race track, obviously that portion is closed. Also, at Laguna Seca you are supposed to only ride on paved trails so technically you can't ride from the bridge across the Corkscrew to the finish. Once outside of Laguna Seca the trails on the trail map are open. Here is a link to the trail map http://www.seaotterclassic.com/UserF..._7_12_2007.pdf

We'll pick up the XC course where it exits the race track in Turn 9 and ride the course from there. We did the same route last year without any problems. Well, other than a few missed turns and beating a chainring into submission.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    Looks like I have the weekend to myself, so count me in. Iím willing to pay for gas money if someone else drives, I freakiní despise driving. Oh, and Iíll also bring beer and food.
    Down to carpool. :-) shoot ya a pm

rho
    Captain Pinchflat
    I may or may not be out there. Desert trip got cancled. Going backpacking fri/sat. Might ride this sillyness sunday. Not sure I want to do the race course... Might just pull a 40mile plus ride... and hit stuff going the FUN direction.

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by KiloJoule View Post
    Down to carpool. :-) shoot ya a pm
    I PMíd you back.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Hopefully I could make it out and join the TSP ride. This past couple of months has been pretty tough, one injury after another. I've only had a handful of rides in the past couple of months and feeling pretty sluggish.

Any plans on a meetup/carpool for the ride there?

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bassn View Post
    Hopefully I could make it out and join the TSP ride. This past couple of months has been pretty tough, one injury after another. I've only had a handful of rides in the past couple of months and feeling pretty sluggish.

Any plans on a meetup/carpool for the ride there?
    not sure where your at but ive got plans to drive my truck from Union City to ride and back - am speaking with Leopold regarding carpool options - have room for 4 bikes and 4 bodies although its an extended cab so if your long legged it ma be a tight squeeze (im 6ft and have sat in the back without a horrible amount of discomfort just low on leg room)

So i had a question about the ride as its a long drive out - how long is the ride i guess. bit of a drive and id hate to drive out and ride for 90min. Just not worth the trip or time away from fam for me unless its gonna hurt a bit.

thx!
    keith

Is this thing on?
    We're planning on riding the Cat 1/2 XC race course, it'll be just over 20 miles. I thinking the ride at a social pace should be about 3 hours. It'll depend on the size of the group or groups. Race pace would be less than 2 hours. Last year it took three of us about 3 hours to ride the 16 mile Cat 3 course. That was with photo ops, missed turns and mech issues.

Puro Vida!

If your taking Leopold get ready for your ears to bleed! Yeah maybe we can setup a location where we can meet and caravan up? Ridin High and Holland would like to carpool as well. I can either drive or jump in with some one-
    I missed last years due to house remodel-luckily most of it out is out of the way now-so this year I should be able to ride at least once a week! And if I'm going I'll slow us down about another half to one hour-I can take a BBQ! Cooler with dogs and beer? Soda for drivers? I won't drink and drive-party pooper that I am. Have too many friends get DUIs and I've had close calls-no thanks. And Dion can graze on whatever is green out there. I need to get back to juicing. That is all.

Puro Vida!

Quote Originally Posted by Nelson34 View Post
    If your taking Leopold get ready for your ears to bleed! Yeah maybe we can setup a location where we can meet and caravan up? Ridin High and Holland would like to carpool as well. I can either drive or jump in with some one-
    I missed last years due to house remodel-luckily most of it out is out of the way now-so this year I should be able to ride at least once a week! And if I'm going I'll slow us down about another half to one hour-I can take a BBQ! Cooler with dogs and beer? Soda for drivers? I won't drink and drive-party pooper that I am. Have too many friends get DUIs and I've had close calls-no thanks. And Dion can graze on whatever is green out there. I need to get back to juicing. That is all.
    2nd Annual Team Social Pace Sea Otter XC Pre-Ride, Sunday March 17th-imageuploadedbytapatalk-21363285974.087745.jpg
    Takin the Mean Green Machine!

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Froride1 View Post
    We're planning on riding the Cat 1/2 XC race course, it'll be just over 20 miles. I thinking the ride at a social pace should be about 3 hours. It'll depend on the size of the group or groups. Race pace would be less than 2 hours. Last year it took three of us about 3 hours to ride the 16 mile Cat 3 course. That was with photo ops, missed turns and mech issues.
    I may branch off and do the Cat3 route for those who are interested. Or, if nobody wants to, I'll just do the Cat1/2 route - but I'm up for it.

Is this thing on?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    I may branch off and do the Cat3 route for those who are interested. Or, if nobody wants to, I'll just do the Cat1/2 route - but I'm up for it.
    The difference in the two courses is a right or left turn onto a fire road. Cat 1/2 makes a left, does a little loop and then heads up to the rae track. The Cat 3 course makes a right and heads back up to the race track. The intersection will definately be a rally point. I'm going to print out a few copies of the trun by turn directions to hand out. I plan on stopping at intersections to make sure everyone is headed in the right direction.

Robert: I want to see that bike in person and maybe give it a test ride. I haven't ridden a fat bike.

Puro Vida!

Sure thing-warning-once you go Fat-you'll never go back!

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Man, I may suck it up and take the 29'er. The Rockhopper is still my favorite, but I think, unfortunately, my Le Inberderp 29'derp is faster up the climbs. Or, I'll take Da Hoppa' on Sunday knowing my 29'er will smoke it.

Trail Blazer
    Man, I may suck it up and take the 29'er. The Rockhopper is still my favorite, but I think, unfortunately, my Le Inberderp 29'derp is faster up the climbs. Or, I'll take Da Hoppa' on Sunday knowing my 29'er will smoke it.
    Why u trippin homie... this tsp breh aint nobody smokin nothin cept that sumthin sumthin hahaha... (just fkn around)

Are you driving?

Is this thing on?
    I was thinking about riding the SS but will be riding the carpet fiber 29er. Not because it will be faster but because I'm still getting used to riding it.

The pace will be social, I'm sure we'll have some rabbits hauling ass at the front. If they know where they are going then great, if not... I plan on wicking it up a bit on the climbs, well wicking it up for me, but will be stopping to make sure we all get to the end. Remember we're TSP, we don't leave anyone behind.

orthonormal
    I should be able to make it for the ride at least. It'll be nice to meet up with you guys.
    The glass is twice as large as it needs to be

PRETENDURO
    OK, so with KiloJoule not going, I now am opening things up again for discussion about carpooling. Anyone?

rho
    Captain Pinchflat
    You could always come join me and do the fun stuff in the fun directions...

mtbr member
    Oct 2009

I can only fit two bikes, homies. Hit me up on Facebook.

Puro Vida!

Just take Brett D. He lives near you-I can take Ridin and maybe Newt-but maybe we can caravan-

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast