mtbr member

24 hours of Gold - LOBO

I know it's months away but is there a date set for this years 24 hours of gold? Also are teams going to play a part this year or specifically a bigger role? I've got a team ready...just say when.
    Quote Originally Posted by k1creeker View Post
    "yeah, she's fat, but you'd take her for a ride."

mtbr member
    Bueller Bueller......

Ride Responsibly
    We will try for Oct. 19 & 20, 2013. Not sure what you mean by teams "playing a role" but you can have a team up to 4 persons.
    Sorry for the delay in answering, I have been checking MTBR less often lately.

mtbr member
    Missed your reply. Thanks for the info, I meant playing a bigger role in reference to last year it was mentioned that teams were an after thought...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by X-FXR View Post
    Missed your reply. Thanks for the info, I meant playing a bigger role in reference to last year it was mentioned that teams were an after thought...
    I think the 8 hours race was the after thought , teams have always been a part of it Mike

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    So I've been out of the Mtb scene for to long and now I'm just getting back into it. Several years ago I was going battling for 1st place solo up till the 12 hr mark when I lost interest and called it quits. I can't say the course is my favorite type but it will be a great place to test the new single speed I'm currently building. I like the course that are closer to 10 miles long and take at least 1hr to finish for the faster riders, it helps keep the solo's from going loopy.

So I'm entering 24hr solo on a single speed and I'll also try to organize a 4 rider team for the 24hr as well.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    If anyone want to join or form a team I have at least one in the works. I have a nice 24hr pit setup since when I'm racing these mtb 24hrs I racing motorcycle 24hrs instead. I'll be riding solo so I normally bring the setup and leave the team I organize to enjoy it.

So if you have a team and need a rider or your a rider and need a team let us know.

Most of the riders I know are part of a facebook group started awhile back called the eastbay endurance nuts so you can check in there as well.

Ride Responsibly
    Oct. 19th and 20th with camping provided for 24 hr entries on the 18th & 19th. Moon close to full. Same price $100/50 and we split the Registration fee. Don't do this ride for the big cash prize, cause there ain't one. This is a no license needed, grass roots affair.

24-Hours of Gold

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Last year's event was tons of fun. Great friendly environment and awesome raffle prizes. Will be there again this year!