Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee

24 Hours of Adrenalin Impressions

First off I want to thank Dan for getting me into this. Then I want to thank Steve, Dave, Nick, and Carl for being great teammates. Plus a great big hug to Wynona for being understanding (you know what for).

This was my first 24 hour race and I wasn't certain what to expect. The beginning of the race was incredible, 250 racers grabbing their bikes and swarming over the Bridge looked more like some massive migration of heard animals than a mountain bike race. Then it was a waiting game, 1 Hour 11 minutes and it was my turn. We started out with a short roll then we grabbed our bikes and carried them up 2 flights of stairs then rolled across the bridge and down the stairs on the far side...

I was suprised at how consistent my times were after the first, I had 5 laps: 1PM - 57 min, 7PM - 60 min, 1AM - 64 min, 7AM - 60 min, 11AM - 62 min. 54.5 miles, ~6000' of climbing

The first lap was actually the worst. The heat really got to me, I thought hydrating before the lap would be enough so I skipped the camel pack and I paid for it. On the second lap I had some nasty problems with my derailer but was otherwise a blast. I got my bike fixed between laps by the Mavic support crew and the bike was stellar after that. The night lap was foggy so visibility sucked but I only lost a couple of minutes. After my night lap I found the showers then got 2.5 hours of the best sleep I have ever had. My morning lap was awesome, the views with the sun rising over the fog were incredible and the temperature was just perfect for shorts and short sleeves.

Carl opted out of his 4th lap and no one else wanted to do a 5th so I went out again at 10:56. I came back in from my final lap at 11:57. If I had finished my final lap 5 minutes earlier I would have tried to get a 6th lap in before the 1PM cutoff. Fortunately I came in just late enough and I didn't have enough food to get me through my 6th lap so I just called it a day. Otherwise I might have been with that poor guy who rolled across the bridge to see 30 seconds remaining on the clock, knowing full well that it takes 2 minutes to circle around the venue to the actual finish line.

What a killer event, it's going to take me a day or two to recover from that.

Feeling a little taller
    Ay, goombah! Yer very welcome!

I'm glad I could accomodate the entire family, instead of just my capos. Thanks to EBrider and STrackMike for taking on the challenges of your individual teams. I hope you are all as eager as I am to do this again next year.

Like 0gre, this was my first 24 hour race. This was only my second race ever, Sea Otter 2005 being the first. At this point, I'd like to look at the SOC and my performance there as working out the kinks in technique, training and bike maintenance for the real deal - 24HOA.

I had roughly the same lap times as 0gre, waiting for the official posting on the 24sports site for verification. As for that hot first lap, it was hot for you because you were drafting me up the grind. I was getting all of the breeze. I noticed it was hot when you took the lead for a bit. And thanks for that, I was able to recharge and sprint the end of that lap.

My second lap, I was a little tired and needed to refuel badly. I started cramping a little bit early into the lap and had to hike the top 1/3 of hurl hill. By the time I hit the grind, I was playing the heartrate game and trying to keep my breathing deep and heartrate steady to keep my muscles from cramping. When the hams started to cramp, I stood and massaged. When other muscles started cramping, I just kept my head down and continued grinding. Amazingly, when I reached the gravel climb at the top of the grind, the cramping was gone and I sprinted to the stairs.

The stairs were definately a highlight. I found myself getting excited about the lap endings because I knew I'd get to slam the stairs - what fun! The only thing better was my double night lap where I got to do the stairs twice in the dark!

My night laps were done at approximately 4:30-6:30am. The cool damp air was perfect for my body. I found myself riding efficiently even if it was dark.

To be continued...
    There are no stupid questions but there are A LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Bicycle Trails Council of the East Bay

mtbr member

24hoa

0gre, thanks for being a solid team mate by turning in the best lap times, doing an extra one, and convincing your wife to volunteer!

Dan, thanks for helping organize the 3 mafia teams and generally encouraging everyone to get in on the pain and suffering (and fun). I personally never broke the 1 hour mark, but unofficially,my times were roughly 1:02, 1:05, 1:07, and 1:04

Here's a writeup I did for my, er, blog...

---

Well, it's Monday morning and I'm back at the grind... I mean, work. But for about 80 minutes, split into four 20 minute intervals, evenly spaced from Saturday afternoon to Sunday morning, I spent that time tackling The Grind. The Grind (the version with capital letters and a whole lot of suffering) is the final 600 foot climb over two and a half miles (the latter half steeper than the first), which ends one 10 mile lap of the 24 Hours of Adrenalin mountain bike race.

Despite those painful 80 minutes (and for a large part, because of them), the entire 24 hour experience as a whole was very gratifying. There was the camaraderie of our 5 man team and the 3 other teams that made up our large base-camp. There was the rush and tense moments of racing downhill and making passes (or getting passed) on tight single track. There was the skipped heart-beat at 35 miles per hour when my bike started shimmying underneath me on a gravel covered fireroad. And then there was the beautifully clear night, with stars, cool air, green/gray open fields, and just the spotlight and halo from my headlamp to guide the way. Up the hill, in the darkness, the evenly spaced lights from other riders on trail looked like a line of airplanes held up in a slow taxi pattern, or fireflies frozen in the moment. And then of course, there was the slow and painful thigh burn of the climbs up The Grind, and the more intense and condensed suffering on Hurl Hill. There was a night of very little sleep with plenty of eating and drinking (of the h20 and sport drink kind), and sitting around the campfire.

But of course camp wasn't calm... in fact, it was always active. Riders (we had 4 teams) would come in from their laps, with looks of relief and the buzz of endorphins, and find or wake up the next-next rider in the rotation. Other riders were tuning up their bikes and assembling lights and other gear for their next ride. Others would warm up on the stationary bike trainers. Fully geared up riders would head out, navigating through the general camping area of RVs, tents, and bike stands, to the expo field and the transition area.

The transition area was an experience in itself. It marked the start/finish of the 10 mile course and consisted of a scorer’s tent where finishing riders would funnel through as their laps and times were recorded. Outside the tent was a general gathering area. As the next rider, I needed to check-in and be in the transition area when the current rider finished their lap. We didn't carry 2-way radios, so it was pretty much a guessing game. Based on previous lap times, I'd get to the transition area about 15 minutes early, sign in, and then hang out. There was small talk with other riders and most of the time, a teammate or friend (looking very relaxed in street clothes) to keep me company. But really the transition area was about mildly anxious waiting. I was on the lookout for Steve (the rider ahead of me in the rotation), waiting for him to zip by the transition area, cranking the big ring to finish a quick paved circuit of the central campsites. Once I spotted him, it was game time.

In about a minute they would announce 205, my team's number, and Steve would be running, dismounted from the bike, through the transition tent. He'd hand me a small wooden dowel, the baton, and I’d fumble trying to get it into a zippered pocket. With that, the transition was complete. I'd hop on the bike, hit start on my stopwatch, and start pedaling, focused and fresh, for another one hour lap of adrenalin.

mtbr member
    I'd like to chime in here and give a big thanks to Dan for getting the teams organized and for talking me into joining in. I'd also like to thank everyone on all three of the Briones Mafia teams for the food and cheers.

Like 0gre and Dan'ger this was my first 24 hour race, but it was also my first race ever. All I can say is, "I can't wait for next year". I had a blast even when I was in pain doing my best push down through my heels up the grind. I completed 3 laps and even though my times were, umm slow I had a huge grin at the end of each lap. The friendliness of the other riders was great I have never had so many people as if I was ok or if I needed anything. All the kind words I got from people as I slowly ascended both hurl hill and the grind felt great.

What can I say about our camp that hasn't already been said. I only sort of knew a few of the people going into this event and they all treated me like family.

So I am already looking forward to doing this again next year. I will have more than a couple weeks to get ready this time.

mtbr member

A girl's perspective

I also raced for the first time this year. I was on a female team of 5 didn't really go to break any records, but just to have a good time and hopefully not get killed.

It was the best experience ever. Everyone was super nice. I rode faster than I've ever ridden because I didn't want to be in anyone's way at a critical moment, but if I was in someone's way, they'd politely call out and pass without issue. I thoroughly enjoyed speeding around the course at night, even though that wet fog mixed with dust made it impossible to see much. I almost got taken out by a bobcat at the switchback section near the second checkpoint (back of 3 sisters), but I grinned the whole way round, loving every minute of it. The grind was actually one of my favourite parts. It's not often I get to overtake guys on a trail, but my butterfly wings must have been working cos they lifted me up there no trouble at all.

I couldn't have asked for a better campsite either (well, Sycip bagged the best one, but we got the next best view of the trails). To sit at the top of the hill with a beer in hand and look out and be able to see riders 5 feet away and also a mile away made the experience that more enjoyable.

Thanks for all being such perfect gentlemen!

fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator

Gotta Say..

Thanks to Dan for the orginization - good, good times

Ogre - you & your wife were great. And I'll add that you are one fast son-of-a-gun
    8track, Carl and Steve - Also really great to be on the same team as y'all, fun as hell.

I only had 1 problem with my immediate fellow teammates....They somehow talked me into the LeMans running start - what a mess

I'm in my biking shoes, helmet, shorts, jersey & gloves with a little wood baton draped around my neck. Getting a little anxious I noticed a familiar face in the crowd - didn't know it then but it was PFunk. Super cool seeing her again

Then "Bang"! Off running we go - up a paved hill, then down a dirt trail back to our bikes in the transistion area (1/4 mile). Breathing's OK, I'm not overdoing it. Grab the bike and roll thru with the pack. Hit the stairs and fight my way with a crowd of much more experienced riders trying not to knock each other around with rear tires. I'll admit I didn't have the guts to roll down the other side this time (afraid I'd blast into someone and endo). Breathings a little heavier, heart rates up - but still good.

I start hitting the hills - primarily singletrack, and very crowded. Gotta mention that just about every competitor I ran into was great. No ego and very polite (it's one the primary things that made the whole race worth while)......

Now I'm suffering a little..Can't figure out why these little hills are taking soooo much effort - ughh. I finally top Hurl Hill and roll down skyline. When I hit the bottom of the Grind I remember something..... I dropped my seat a couple inches when I loaded my bike up (now I feel like a DumbA$$)!! I dismount and fix it....

Get to the top, and then down to the stairs - run again 'cause people are in the way. Jump on my bike and start hammering. Then "All-Of-A-Sudden" PimpBot rips right around me!! Can't believe it I try to carch up, but no such luck - he finished a minute or two ahead of me. My first lap and I finished in 1:11.

-Next lap went much better with my seat up
    -I also did the Midnight to 1am lap - super duper foggy (and I got a case of the giggles on the isolated section of singletrack)
    -and the 5-6am lap - predawn, very pretty

Got home and while unloading bikes Rensho (we carpooled) pointed out I had a busted rear spoke I wonder how long that's been there????

I could write forever about this, but don't wanna bore y'all. It was good meeting new people and seeing old acquaintances

Can't wait til next year
    Visit these 2 places to help advance trail access:
    http://www.sharingthepct.org/
    http://www.facebook.com/SharingThePct

Gonebiking
    Apr 2004

Extra mileage laguna seca course ??

Does anyone know how much time was added to their laps with the change in the course this year from last year, and what the mileage difference was???

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Hope my impression (+ rant)...

The Course:
    Man, the course was fast.. I hit 35+ on the fast straights and let it fly on the bumpy singletrack (thank goodness for dual suspension). Some of the surfaces were quite slick, including gravel and sand, and that was somewhat annoying. I heard some guy broke his hip and other bones in the fast single track section towards the beginning of the course?
    I didn't enjoy that last bit of the course leading up to the bridge... I know it was a last minute addition due to the track undergoing renovations but it seemed out of place and poorly marked.

The Weather:
    The fog at night freaked me out. It got to the point where I had to wipe my glasses every few seconds and then towards the end of the course (after the Grind), I had to let some people go ahead just so I could follow their blinking tail lights. I couldn't believe the extreme change in temperature between the day and night. I wish I had brought two sets of night time riding attire because used clothing doesn't air dry that well when its freaking cold and wet outside.

The Timing:
    The lap times reported on the manual timesheets seemed inconsistent with my own calculated lap times. Even when you factor in rounding by the minute and the baton passing, the times simply didn't make sense. I guess I'll wait for the official split times before I say anything else...

The Sponsors and stuff:
    Did anyone get Clif Shots on the course? I wasn't offered any, that's for sure... The speech at the end mentioned Clif shots at the feed zones, but based on the amount of Power Gel and GU wrappers I saw at the beginning of the Grind, I doubt that was the case. What's up with that? Anyway, big thanks to Team GU and their distribution of free GU. Also, thanks to Niterider for fixing my 5 year old light under warranty, and thanks to Light & Motion for charging up my ARC battery at their unpublicized charging station in the Luna Chix tent. The post race event dragged out forever... it was so fraggin hot and there wasn't enough shade that I cut out before the raffle and pasta (if there even was any). I swear.. 5 years ago when I did they they served food immediately following the last lap. Oh well.

I blame lack of sleep for more current level of irritability

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekie
    Does anyone know how much time was added to their laps with the change in the course this year from last year, and what the mileage difference was???
    This doesn't directly answer your question, but according to the course map on the 24HoA website, the course in 2003 was 10.45 miles. My trip computer showed that laps this year were somwhere between 10.5 and 10.6 miles.

mtbr member

Another Comment on Sponsors

Just another thought now you've jogged my rose colored memory. Was there supposed to be Mavic support on the trails?

I pulled over to help a girl change a flat that ended up being 3 flats and a ruined spare which added about half an hour to my lap time and eventually a neutral looking pontiac pulled up to ask if we were ok. Was that the "Mavic support"? If it was, they didn't have any wheel type products.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbkers
    Just another thought now you've jogged my rose colored memory. Was there supposed to be Mavic support on the trails?

I pulled over to help a girl change a flat that ended up being 3 flats and a ruined spare which added about half an hour to my lap time and eventually a neutral looking pontiac pulled up to ask if we were ok. Was that the "Mavic support"? If it was, they didn't have any wheel type products.
    I don't think there was any implied "on the trail" Mavic support, just their tent at the expo site and "neutral" aid.

BTW, how did she get 3 flats? were they thorn/pinch flat related? It was nice of you to help her out though. The aid and encouragement from other racers is definitely one of the nice things about this type of event.

Feeling a little taller
    ...continued

I had been awake for a couple of hours preceding my first night lap and was hearing the MTBR and Mafia returning riders complain about how dense the fog was and how much the helmet lights were reflecting off of the fog, making riding very difficult. A couple of bespectacled contenders were complaining about the lack of visibility due to the moisture on glasses.

I lucked out. The fog was starting to lift as I started my laps and I found that the double track was fog-free on my way to couch canyon and hurl hill. I cleaned hurl on my first lap and found that there was still some residual fog on the skyline fireroad section, so I removed my glasses and turned off my helmet light, running only the bar lights.

When I reached the singletrack, there was no fog there and turned the HID back on and cruised through the ST section out to the grind. I felt so good, I started howling on my grind climb out. The grind was almost empty as compared to previous laps and I found myself bouncing from slower rider to slower rider to draft and rest before passing and my next short sprint to another slower rider.

My next lap, I showed some signes of fatigue, being a back-to-back, and was not as fast. Probably my slowest lap. The fog had come back to some extent, but the sun was starting to rise as I finished that lap up the grind.

...to be continued...

Feeling a little taller
    Thanks for all being such perfect gentlemen!
    I think 0gre and I passed you on the Grind during our first laps. You made a comment about that we couldn't pass you unless we threw out a lasso or something like that. Unfortunately, I left the rope back at camp...

BHS MTB team member

kickass!

this was also my first endurance event, and I had a blast, especially b/c we won. I was with the Tieni Duro Junior team in the under 149 cat. the whole race we were neck-and-neck w/ the NorCal HS Raiders; 4 up, 5 down, 10 up, etc. we (team of 5) all did consistent sub 50 min. laps in the day and sub-60 @ night. we did 28 laps at 6 laps each. god there's so much to talk about. I agree that everyone was really nice, giving me encouragement as I passed them on the grind or hurl hill. we ended up winning by around 5 min. you may have seen me wheelie across the finish at around 12:46. it was horrible, I know. and after all that, all we got were jerseys 2 sizes too big for all of us, and a medal just kidding. It was super painful sometimes, but I will definetly be back next year!
    I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!

mtbr member
    When I stopped to help she was having a hard time getting to grips with the pump. I showed her how to put it on and offered to fix her flat so that it would be good to go if anything happened again. As I was doing that, she was still having difficulty gettng the thing to stay inflated. I asked her if she'd checked for thorns before she put the new tube in and she said no, so she took it out, checked for thorns and put it back . Turns out, she had a dud spare (which I was fixing a slit in the side of thinking it was the crappy tube) but she was so tired she had put the spare on the ground and put the crappy tube back on the bike! Quite comical if it hadn't been so frigging hot out there. I ended up giving her my spare for fear of dying of heat stroke!

BTW, how did she get 3 flats? were they thorn/pinch flat related? It was nice of you to help her out though. The aid and encouragement from other racers is definitely one of the nice things about this type of event.[/QUOTE]

mtbr member
    You mean I wasn't the only chick with wings?! Damn. No, it wasn't me. The grind is actually the bit I thrived on. Weird as that sounds. I'm proud to say I had big strapping guys drafting off the back of me (which is even more weird given that I'm only 115lb!).

Quote Originally Posted by Dan'ger
    I think 0gre and I passed you on the Grind during our first laps. You made a comment about that we couldn't pass you unless we threw out a lasso or something like that. Unfortunately, I left the rope back at camp...

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Great event

My team and I were back for more fun and pain this year. One of my teammates put it best when he read the slogan; "The experience doesn't end after twenty four hours," and then added, "Yeah, the pain lasts for two or three weeks." All in all another great job by the folks at 24HOA. I still can't believe that they manage to put together such a great event with such a small staff. My only complaint was already mentioned; run the raffle while the final results are being tallied. Everyone is too tired, dirty, and hot to sit around waiting.
    Hey burndtjamb; as I understand it the times recorded in the transition tent are not the official times. Those are taken when we pass under the clock and they call out your team number to the staff members in the trailer. Since volunteers from teams are recording times in the transition then that would open things up for some serious cheating if those were official times. Not sure why they bother to record times in the transition tent.
    Here's a couple of my favorite pictures from this year:

1. My favorite little helper
    2. My teammate Eric finishing his 5th lap
    3. Me finishing my final lap with the nice cold beer provided by some friendly folks at the start of the home stretch. I wound up wearing more of it than I managed to drink but what I got sure tasted good!
    Hopefully the pictures come out OK, I'm still getting the hang of posting pictures here.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I read a Russian novel once," Anderson cut in bleakly. "People with unpronounceable names did nothing for seven hundred and eighty-three pages, after which somebody's aunt died."

OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee

24hoa

Quote Originally Posted by burndtjamb
    The Course:
    Man, the course was fast.. I hit 35+ on the fast straights and let it fly on the bumpy singletrack (thank goodness for dual suspension). Some of the surfaces were quite slick, including gravel and sand, and that was somewhat annoying. I heard some guy broke his hip and other bones in the fast single track section towards the beginning of the course?
    I didn't enjoy that last bit of the course leading up to the bridge... I know it was a last minute addition due to the track undergoing renovations but it seemed out of place and poorly marked.
    I didn't notice it was slippery, must have been the tires. Overall my only gripe about the course is the huge amount of breaking bumps. In general this trail was pretty trashed from the getgo. Maybe the SOC has been run on it too many times?

The Weather:
    The fog at night freaked me out. It got to the point where I had to wipe my glasses every few seconds and then towards the end of the course (after the Grind), I had to let some people go ahead just so I could follow their blinking tail lights. I couldn't believe the extreme change in temperature between the day and night. I wish I had brought two sets of night time riding attire because used clothing doesn't air dry that well when its freaking cold and wet outside.
    I only had one night lap and wish I'd had more but the timing just worked against me. I am really glad that I brought plenty of clothes, on my own I probably wouldn't have brought nearly enough but I read something that suggested a change of clothes per lap just in case so I just brought all my clothes.

The Timing:
    The lap times reported on the manual timesheets seemed inconsistent with my own calculated lap times. Even when you factor in rounding by the minute and the baton passing, the times simply didn't make sense. I guess I'll wait for the official split times before I say anything else...
    A couple comments about timing, my wife worked in the timing tent and she said the clocks were weird in there and inconsistent. Also the people in the tent were often in a hurry to get times down and calculations were an afterthought. The important thing was to keep track of total laps and finish times at the end of the day.

More important the times in the timing tent were unofficial, if you asked the folks in the timing tent about your time they most likely told you as much. Official times were tracked elsewhere... most likrly in the semi-trailer right at the start/ finish line.

The Sponsors and stuff:
    Did anyone get Clif Shots on the course? I wasn't offered any, that's for sure... The speech at the end mentioned Clif shots at the feed zones, but based on the amount of Power Gel and GU wrappers I saw at the beginning of the Grind, I doubt that was the case. What's up with that? Anyway, big thanks to Team GU and their distribution of free GU.
    I never saw more than just gatorade and water on the check points and I had heard something about them having more than just that. Perhaps if you had stopped they had more? I never checked.

I was a bit irritated by the number of wrappers at the bottom of the grind though. The cups I understand and they were all in one small place but the Gu graveyard was BS. Come on folks how hard is it to take .5 sec to slip the wrapper back wherever you got it from, it's not like you have to stop.

Also, thanks to Niterider for fixing my 5 year old light under warranty, and thanks to Light & Motion for charging up my ARC battery at their unpublicized charging station in the Luna Chix tent. The post race event dragged out forever... it was so fraggin hot and there wasn't enough shade that I cut out before the raffle and pasta (if there even was any). I swear.. 5 years ago when I did they they served food immediately following the last lap. Oh well.
    The post race event was total crap. I wish I hadn't stuck around for it. It was extremely disorganized and lame. It took an hour and a half all the while the vendors were breaking down and taking the last tiny bits of shade. Come on folks how stupid is it to put on a big lengthy ceremony in the hot sun for a bunch of people who have just spent the last 24 hours pushing themselves to their personal limits. No, there was no pasta but I didn't expect any so no disappointment there for me.

Overall one tiny blemish on an otherwise great event.

OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee

Mavic Support

I don't know about on-the-trail help but sometime between 8PM and Midnight they brought my bike back from the grave so I am very thankful to them. It would be difficult to impossible to provide trailside assistance.

sadly, like the element
    Sep 2004
    Hahah Ignatz, I saw you on your last lap as the announcer made the comment about "That guy looks like he's done with his lap judging by his method of refreshment." Great stuff.

Ride what you want!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 0gre
    The post race event was total crap. I wish I hadn't stuck around for it. It was extremely disorganized and lame. It took an hour and a half all the while the vendors were breaking down and taking the last tiny bits of shade. Come on folks how stupid is it to put on a big lengthy ceremony in the hot sun for a bunch of people who have just spent the last 24 hours pushing themselves to their personal limits. No, there was no pasta but I didn't expect any so no disappointment there for me.
    The post event has always been like that, hot and hot. I've stuck around for the finishing events because I've had friends that were category winners and the pasta/raffle. Last year I stuck around just for the raffle since they had no pasta (they promissed pasta this year but it looks like they flaked).

I hope they had the midnight corn roast. That's always good, and one year they even had Mariachis!!

george
    Trogs: Too Tough for Carbon Fiber

mtbr member

corn roast

Quote Originally Posted by george_da_trog
    I hope they had the midnight corn roast. That's always good, and one year they even had Mariachis!!

george
    I finished a lap pretty close to midnight and I heard the announcer going on about the corn roast. I didn't stick around for the corn though I was ready for some sleep.

Dave

OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee

Corn "Roast"

Quote Originally Posted by george_da_trog
    The post event has always been like that, hot and hot. I've stuck around for the finishing events because I've had friends that were category winners and the pasta/raffle. Last year I stuck around just for the raffle since they had no pasta (they promissed pasta this year but it looks like they flaked).

Corn roast happened, when I finished my lap at 2AM there was still some left and it was yummy post ride fuel!!

We just stuck around for the Raffle which I guess works out Ok because everyone is gone so your chances of winning are better. In the group of 6 or so of us who stuck around 3 of us won prizes including Dan'ger picked up a nice Saris Bike Rack which Joseph-da-Trog would have won if he had stuck around.

Feeling a little taller
    Quote Originally Posted by 0gre
    Corn roast happened, when I finished my lap at 2AM there was still some left and it was yummy post ride fuel!!

We just stuck around for the Raffle which I guess works out Ok because everyone is gone so your chances of winning are better. In the group of 6 or so of us who stuck around 3 of us won prizes including Dan'ger picked up a nice Saris Bike Rack which Joseph-da-Trog would have won if he had stuck around.
    The corn roast was nice. I had an ear before my 4:30am lap.

To clarify the raffle thing, they called all of the names from the Cycle-ops trainer cards, the last one being Joseph. Since he wasn't there, and they didn't have any more names to call, they called a raffle ticket number that my wife was holding, that had been given to her in a pretty large stack by exiting racers and other hot and bothered people.

So, you see, it was actually my wife, "Dan'geress", who won it. When you see her, be sure to tell her what a nice rack she has!

Jan 2004

Adrenalin Results for Laguna

Hello all,

great weekend... results will be posted by Thursday. We are continuing to pack up and look forward to seeing you all again soon.

twenty4 sports
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast