Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    mtbr member

2013 Video of the Day thread

I couldn't find the old one so here's a new one. As some of you know, I did a Veggie juice fast so made this video of myself a week after the fast.

Peanut butter Tuesday, if you know what I mean!

NONDURO
    Invisible video! Ingenious!
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Did you click the black part? Works for me...

aka dan51
    Pretty cool stuff.
    Those who know, ride a Mojo AND a Mojo HD.
    Quadzilla
    Quote Originally Posted by benja55
    Ok, whatever, cold water on my bike boner right there.

NONDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by squashyo View Post
    Did you click the black part? Works for me...
    All I see is a white background with black text—the default view when perusing through the forums. Is there some hidden trick I am missing?
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    All I see is a white background with black text—the default view when perusing through the forums. Is there some hidden trick I am missing?
    Are you trying to view this on your calculator? Joking. You aren't missing much...just a guy jumping around all over the place. No bikes, just feet jumping.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I did the veggie juice fast for a day and a half. Here are my results.

mtbr member
    I take this thread as a challenge to find new and exciting videos. I am your man. Prepare to have your mind blown............
    They never made the "Slowster"

mtbr member
    On another note, the veggie juicing made me feel very bloated and my skin took on a strange hue. Wife took video because she said I looked funny and was acting strange.

They never made the "Slowster"

Weird huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post

Funny!, but close to home. Early to mid 90's I dieted to help my climbing. Coming out of high school I weighed maybe 205 or so. I'm 6'1" and thought myself 'fat'. Fast forward to the early 90's and I weighed between 145 and 152 when I raced road. I lived on skim milk, bagels, and anything without 'fat'. 30 grams in 24hrs. was the max fat intake for several years.
    I had to get up at 2 or 3 am to eat (3 bagels and a quart of skim milk) to keep body weight.

I could ride my bike for 5 hours a day, 6 days a week, but couldn't walk up a flight of stairs without getting winded. Meals with family were torture....chicken?..did you wipe the pan 3 times with paper towels to get all of the oil out while cooking? etc. ad nauseam.

I dropped during one of the Tour of the Gila's and got my butt put in hospital.

I started going to gym in late 95 to learn how to eat and do something other than throw my leg over my bike. I got to 173 lbs in 1998 and stopped racing bikes.

Was a sickness to be sure. I rode on the highest level domestically, but couldn't do much other than ride, eat and sleep. Nothing healthy about it.

It took me several years to eat something considered 'junk' or something with a fat ratio over 5 percent.

Anyway, never admitted this to anyone before so there ya go!
    ...You'll find me chugging a gallon of Pliny sooner than going hipstertard ~ Menso

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrpiffle View Post
    Funny!, but close to home. Early to mid 90's I dieted to help my climbing. Coming out of high school I weighed maybe 205 or so. I'm 6'1" and thought myself 'fat'. Fast forward to the early 90's and I weighed between 145 and 152 when I raced road. I lived on skim milk, bagels, and anything without 'fat'. 30 grams in 24hrs. was the max fat intake for several years.
    I had to get up at 2 or 3 am to eat (3 bagels and a quart of skim milk) to keep body weight.

I could ride my bike for 5 hours a day, 6 days a week, but couldn't walk up a flight of stairs without getting winded. Meals with family were torture....chicken?..did you wipe the pan 3 times with paper towels to get all of the oil out while cooking? etc. ad nauseam.

I dropped during one of the Tour of the Gila's and got my butt put in hospital.

I started going to gym in late 95 to learn how to eat and do something other than throw my leg over my bike. I got to 173 lbs in 1998 and stopped racing bikes.

Was a sickness to be sure. I rode on the highest level domestically, but couldn't do much other than ride, eat and sleep. Nothing healthy about it.

It took me several years to eat something considered 'junk' or something with a fat ratio over 5 percent.

Anyway, never admitted this to anyone before so there ya go!
    I'm right there with ya' homie. Except on the other side of things.

I've posted embarrassing photos before of my bodybuilding days, or what I like to call "The gayest times in my life". My first show was Mr. Santa Cruz, which I placed - but at 170lbs 3% bodyfat, and a 42 coat, I was just "too small" to compete. I was still competing without the use of drugs at this point.

I competed in the middleweights (up to 185lbs) natural, but never could place. One show, I don't even know what I was doing there I looked so flat and pretty average.

Then... I discovered steroids.

The next year, I blew up to 240lbs, dieted down to 185lbs, and placed top five in the middleweight division for California, which qualified me for the nationals, and then go for my pro card.

185lbs with 3% bodyfat. I ate like you did, just more calories. I wouldn't look at a peppermint candy thinking it would make me fat. I wore a 46 jacket with a 29" waist, with veins running through my abs. I would drink protein shakes and wake up in the middle of the night to drink protein shakes. 10 egg-white omelets, with a 1/4 cup of brown rice and bland veggies. Ground turkey meatballs. God forbid I had a carb! I'd go on dates with hot chicks and not eat at the restaurant. I, too, would wipe the pan of oil so get all that fat off.

I was always popping ephedrine (back when it was legal) and would cycle steroids on and off.

I didn't land in the hospital - my priorities changed. I stopped using steroids in my mid-20's and very slowly, my gains went away. I'm still a big guy, but nowhere near my bodybuilding shape.

But, I had body image issues like you did. Still affects me to this day somewhat. I was always a fat'ish kid, which made my body image issues worse. Competitive bodybuilding fed into my problem even more.

Been there, man!

mtbr member
    Jan 2011

Is that the almost dead guy from the movie Seven?

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    But, I had body image issues like you did. Still affects me to this day somewhat. I was always a fat'ish kid, which made my body image issues worse. Competitive bodybuilding fed into my problem even more.

Been there, man!
    Having been in fitness and training/helping people who get ready for competition in my free time. That hit home pretty hard. If people only knew how *hard* it is to do everything you did "naturally". Especially a decade or so ago - information was near impossible to obtain for people. Anyhow, starting to rant.

Helluva twenties man.

mtbr member
    Weekend stoke vid:

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I decided to film my ride the other day. Went well.

Kristian Atkins and Eliot Jackson in Antarctica!!!! - More Mountain Bike Videos

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by motorbacon View Post
    I decided to film my ride the other day. Went well.

Kristian Atkins and Eliot Jackson in Antarctica!!!! - More Mountain Bike Videos

That was awesome...wonder where in the Antarctic?

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    unreal

ask
    user
    Aug 2009

Bryceland on SC TR

Josh Bryceland killing it on the new SC Blur TR Aluminum. Footage looks local. I would love to ride 10th as good as this... inspiring

RAT ATTACK! Introducing the New Santa Cruz Blur TR from santa cruz bikes on Vimeo.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ask View Post
    Josh Bryceland killing it on the new SC Blur TR Aluminum. Footage looks local. I would love to ride 10th as good as this... inspiring

RAT ATTACK! Introducing the New Santa Cruz Blur TR from santa cruz bikes on Vimeo.

I came here to post this. The riding is so good it's either inspiring or it makes me want to sell my bike because after 8-9 years of riding I have 1/10 of this guys skills. The drift at :34...just once I'd like to do that.

M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Hungus View Post
    The drift at :34...just once I'd like to do that.
    what is stopping you?

You should never give up what you really want to do - if you don't succeed at first, try again

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Acadian View Post
    what is stopping you?
    Lack of skills.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Hungus View Post
    Lack of skills.
    The lack of skills will only keep you from getting hurt. It won't keep you from high speed drifters.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by beaverbiker View Post
    The lack of skills will only keep you from getting hurt. It won't keep you from high speed drifters.
    Lack of balls then?

No seriously, I can get a little drift going on...just can't sustain it and control it like Mr. Bryceland here. There is some seriously great riding on display in that vid.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I'd like to see him drift like that when clipped in.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    My homie, Joe Moody. He's a great rider and has an equally great attitude. Mad props.

"I pedaled the whole way through and I never stopped - and I still haven't stopped..."

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast