Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    fc
    mtbr founder Administrator

2013 Superbowl Mt. Hamilton ride - Sunday, Feb 3

The first monster event of the year is here and it is the annual Mount Hamilton Superbowl ride.

The idea is to ride the big climb on Superbowl Sunday morning so we can indulge later with some food and drink.

Meeting time is 8:30 on Sunday, Feb 3.

Meeting Place is Penitencia Creek Park lot on Berryessa Road.
    berryessa road and adams san jose - Google Maps

Ride is up Mt. Hamilton and back down, Distance is 50 miles and elevation is 5000 feet. Riding is from 9am to 1pm. The game starts at 3:30.

Advanced option: Race up for KOM

Beginner option: turn around whenever you want and head down. Or park at Grant Ranch and start from there so you experience the summit.

Tandem, recumbent, electric, mountain bikes allowed: yes.

Required: Bring three of your favorite beers to share. Bring food for a a potluck after the ride.

Required: Bring a designated driver if you are drinking.

Option: Bring a huge TV so we can hang out and watch the game there.

Wildcard: Rain or 49ers making it in does NOT cancel.

video: Mtbr Mt. Hamilton Ride - YouTube

Who's in?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013 Superbowl Mt. Hamilton ride - Sunday, Feb 3-2011_02_06_ham_7.jpg  

Snowjnky McDreamy
    I am in.
    3 events I never miss. Turkey day ride, Super bowl day and D-ville Classic

who;'s that badass with the white helmet, leg tats and looking like he is gonna punk some vato?
    Brother Seamus?
    Like an Irish monk?
    Comic relief in a discussion does no harm..
    CS Lewis
    Quadzilla

pro leisure tour
    IN! Had to miss this last year so now I can atone.
    If you see someone without a smile, give them yours

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by snowjnky View Post
    I am in.
    3 events I never miss. Turkey day ride, Super bowl day and D-ville Classic

who;'s that badass with the white helmet, leg tats and looking like he is gonna punk some vato?
    I have heard that guy just hogs the whole darn trail at STCP. He is not to be messed with!
    They never made the "Slowster"

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post

Who's in?
    Iím in that picture! Free beer (just one beer) for the first person to be able to identify me.

Iíll be riding my 44x20 SS, but wondering whether to bring the 24"x3.45" slicks (mounted on 2.5" wide rims) or the skinny-ass roadieboy 700x25 tires. Hmm, tough decision: excellent cornering grip, or pinchflats???
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

PRETENDURO
    Probably FredDaTrog. Actually, I believe he was there for the 2012 ride.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

Puro Vida!
    You be next to Dion-wearing La Sagrada Virgen de Guadalupe Jersey

Puro Vida!
    I don't count though-I owe you beer and will owe for the Pug build

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Alright, damnit... I'll go to this. BUT!!! Got to be back before kick off.

I have a black helmet now, vatos, to match my black kits. Makes me feel awesome, except when I'm riding home in the dark

rho
    Life is strange
    In! Not sure if i"m in for the regular ride or if I want to try the bonus option!

Is this thing on?
    I'm in again this year. I'll be on my MTB to keep you wannabe roadies honest. I might even put slicks on so I can sneak up on people.

rho
    Life is strange
    Quote Originally Posted by Froride1 View Post
    I'm in again this year. I'll be on my MTB to keep you wannabe roadies honest. I might even put slicks on so I can sneak up on people.
    You need to toss a rigid fork on your access, homie.

Is this thing on?
    Quote Originally Posted by rho View Post
    You need to toss a rigid fork on your access, homie.
    I been thinking about it. Its a commuter now and I ride it with the fork locked out. A rigid fork and skinny tires would make it better for the commute.

rho
    Life is strange
    I been thinking about it. Its a commuter now and I ride it with the fork locked out. A rigid fork and skinny tires would make it better for the commute.
    Not to mention it'll be more reliable, lighter, more responsive, quicker reacting when dodging and weaving the stupid that happens.

A buddy of mine had GREAT luck with big apples (2.3) on his xtracycle, and marathons (32c) on his long haul trucker for daily commuting duties. I just wore out CX tires and used those!

I'm waiting for the day when you decide to get a road bike....

AAANNNDDDD to make this NOT totally off topic... There is some talk by some of the more adventurous riders to start at the parking lot, head to Livermore, ride up mines and down mt hammie... could be fun... Could be full of pain and suffering. I haven't done any big road rides recently so I'm not sure what my limits are at the moment!

mtbr member
    Kind of intimidated by a 50 mi/5k ride. Best Ive done is 38 mi/3k and I was shot! Wondering if I should just do the granny section and start at Grant.

rho
    Life is strange
    Quote Originally Posted by NuckingFuts View Post
    Kind of intimidated by a 50 mi/5k ride. Best Ive done is 38 mi/3k and I was shot! Wondering if I should just do the granny section and start at Grant.
    I bet you'll be fine. Bring food/water and layers based upon weather, the average grade is like 5%-6% most of the way, so its pretty easy, just... long. Food is important, pacing is, although you do have a downhill about 1/3'd of the way up.

Big rides like this are easier when you have lots of other people doing it as well!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    50 miles sounds like a very long haul. I've done 100 km in a day on a road bike, but that was a long time ago... I'll probably join in for the granny section.

mtbr member
    Tandem team in!

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Rho and I will be rolling on skinny knobbies. And dis is da' troof.

Quote Originally Posted by paulney View Post
    50 miles sounds like a very long haul. I've done 100 km in a day on a road bike, but that was a long time ago... I'll probably join in for the granny section.
    It really isn't that bad. It's 25 miles up and 25 miles down. Who's bringing bar mitts or pogies for the descent???

mtbr member
    I'm in.. The Wildcards mentioned cancel the bonus parts of the ride!

Puro Vida!
    Ride with us! Im not fast at all but the ride is doable. Don't be intimidated-it's not that bad and you'll be glad you did it!

Wēk SŰs
    It's not bad, but can get tough because the steepest climbs are at the end. It gradually gets steeper.

Also, regardless of what people say, these guys are fast. I can do the 50, but it takes me about 5 hours to do so. Most of these guys bang it out, at their casual pace, in 3.

If you want to join in the festivities, start at Grant Ranch, or start at the lot and turn around at the 5mi sign.

rho
    Life is strange
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    Rho and I will be rolling on skinny knobbies. And dis is da' troof.

It really isn't that bad. It's 25 miles up and 25 miles down. Who's bringing bar mitts or pogies for the descent???
    One of these days when i get around to not being lazy, I'm gonna toss the 25's on the cx bike.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    One of these days when i get around to not being lazy, I'm gonna toss the 25's on the cx bike.
    Yeah, I think I'm gonna smarten up and throw on some road tires. With that gigantic 30" wide DH riser bar I have on my CX bike, I'm gonna get so much love from skinny purist roadies.

Is this thing on?

I'm waiting for the day when you decide to get a road bike....
    I've already decided, the tricky part is getting a third new bike in less than two months past my wife.

DO IT! its not as bad as it sounds. I did it last year for the first time and had a great time. You just need to set an easy pace and motor along. Besides it'll be a Team Social Pace ride so no racing or dropping anyone. There was plenty of food and beer left when we got to the party.

Quote Originally Posted by IAmHolland View Post

Also, regardless of what people say, these guys are fast. I can do the 50, but it takes me about 5 hours to do so. Most of these guys bang it out, at their casual pace, in 3.
    Who are these fast guys you are carrying on about? It took me close to 5 hours, 4:50 to be exact, to get up and back. Granted I'll be faster this year but certainly won't be getting any KOMs.

You were the true grit rider last year, When I saw you still gutting it out to the top while I was on my way down. I thought damn, props to Holland, I would have quit a long time ago. Just don't get lost this year!

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Okay...

So this was given to me from a client who a wrote some life insurance on he and his wife.

He asked me if I drink. Even though I have, maybe, a beer a year MAX, I said "yes" and he reaches into his top cupboard and busts out THIS!

It's an Everclear concoction that's supposed to punch you in the gut. I was going to save this for post-race CCCX activities to share with my homies, but I'm thinking about saving it for this ride.

I haven't opened it yet, but from what I'm told it's a sneaky bastard of a drink.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358526690.951617.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  18.9 KB

Wēk SŰs
    I've already decided, the tricky part is getting a third new bike in less than two months past my wife.
    whoa! whoa! whoa! third bike? back the truck up? what???!! which??? you know I love to talk bikes! why are you holding out?

Who are these fast guys you are carrying on about? It took me close to 5 hours, 4:50 to be exact, to get up and back. Granted I'll be faster this year but certainly won't be getting any KOMs.

You were the true grit rider last year, When I saw you still gutting it out to the top while I was on my way down. I thought damn, props to Holland, I would have quit a long time ago. Just don't get lost this year!
    Well, there's like a hundred guys that are going to show up. There's a ton of them that pull out those times.

As for getting lost, probably not, I know my way around better now, but mostly from home instead of that starting location.

FWIW, I got dropped at the start when everyone blasted off from the turn signal, and I spent an hour wandering around ARP, by myself, trying to find the route. I do have a CX bike now, so it might be better, but "social" pace through Alum Rock Park was about 15 mph. No can do that pace on a 26er with 1.9 tires, no no no. CX with 25c, probably.

Anyway, I'm not sure I'm doing this. I need to check family plans.

It might help to post a GPS route this time, especially for the start and finishing routes. I think I rode 8 hours total last year, 4.5 hours to climb up. I also had no idea where I was going, the only part I knew was Mt. Hamilton road.

Puro Vida!
    The first year I tried-which was the first time I rode up Hamilton-always had wanted to, just too intimidated-the last part did get to me. But with a large group, Sparky Jay, Leopold and Dion stayed with me and made sure I made it.
    There is a lot of fast riders who are in it to get to the top as fast as they can, but there is also a lot of people riding just to go ride. There's also people who choose to meet in the middle. Bottom line-if you want to try-go out and start riding the bike your taking today and go for it!
    Dion-Everclear if mixed correctly actually had almost no taste to it-mix in too much and you taste straight gasoline. That's why Purple Passion was so popular back in the day with the females-tasted good and packed a punch. Guys drank Cisco!

Wēk SŰs
    It's an Everclear concoction that's supposed to punch you in the gut. I was going to save this for post-race CCCX activities to share with my homies, but I'm thinking about saving it for this ride.
    I used to drink that stuff in college. I haven't touched it since.

Puro Vida!
    I think the nastiest drink I ever had was Everclear mixed with a slightly cold Mickeys-back in college-we'd preheat before going to a club-we were poor!

Is this thing on?
    Dion, just say no to anything in a Mason jar. It usually comes with an a$$ wooping. It is a pretty color, sort of like old brake fluid. Usually that sh$t is clear.

Quote Originally Posted by IAmHolland View Post
    whoa! whoa! whoa! third bike? back the truck up? what???!! which??? you know I love to talk bikes! why are you holding out?
    I picked up a closeout Santa Cruz Chameleon 4 frame and built it up as a single speed. I told the wife 'most' of the parts would be swapped off another bike. I ended up only using the seat and brakes. Just before the new year I picked up a wonder fiber Marin Team CXR29er. I needed a new race bike, I can't be racing the old clunky Access 29er in Cat 2. The Access is now my commuter/old reliable ride. I have plans for an FS and CX/roadie bike but it will be awhile before they are added to my stable. CX will be before cross season starts in the fall. The FS when I have some spare cabbage and find a good deal.

Is this thing on?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelson34 View Post
    I think the nastiest drink I ever had was Everclear mixed with a slightly cold Mickeys-back in college-we'd preheat before going to a club-we were poor!
    Pinche pendejo, that makes me want to puke just thinking about it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Dion-Everclear if mixed correctly actually had almost no taste to it-mix in too much and you taste straight gasoline. That's why Purple Passion was so popular back in the day with the females-tasted good and packed a punch. Guys drank Cisco!
    Yeah, no alcohol for me, homie. I prefer to save my liver and vote for the green party.

Puro Vida!
    Yeah it may have been my lowest point of my drinking career-I just remember we split the half pint between two of us into 2 Mickey's 40-I could feel the bottle getting WARM-it tasted as bad as it sounds.
    I do remember a kid brought moonshine to high school and got a bunch of his friends and a chick messed up during school.

Aussie Battler
    Dec 2012
    I've done the climb up and back from alum rock road (35m) on my roadie in about 3.5 hours but is this supposed to be on a mountain bike? Eek! It will take me forever and wear out my knobby tires.

Is this thing on?
    Quote Originally Posted by gregk2001 View Post
    I've done the climb up and back from alum rock road (35m) on my roadie in about 3.5 hours but is this supposed to be on a mountain bike? Eek! It will take me forever and wear out my knobby tires.
    No, most people are on road bikes. I use an MTB because I'm a hard hard man that loves punishment. Also, its all I have.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Im in

Id like to show up. I live in the area and frequent ARP. Ill be riding my rigid 29er. May come down "los huercos"( Grant Ranch ) on the way down, since ive got the knobbies.

I wish I had a road bike.... working on that.

BTW, after trolling for years, this is my first post. Hello, Im Vincent.

Wēk SŰs
    hello vincent. same vincent on fb that follows people I know? i.e., fast vincent?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Im not too active on FB, but I think you may have meant Strava. ....

Cant post links yet, but Im Vincent Edson on strava.

mtbr member
    Guys, are we putting air in the tires for this ride?

Wēk SŰs
    Quote Originally Posted by vincinator99 View Post
    Im not too active on FB, but I think you may have meant Strava. ....

Cant post links yet, but Im Vincent Edson on strava.
    Yes, Strava, my bad. And, yes, I've seen you around, you follow folks I follow.
    Last edited by IAmHolland; 01-18-2013 at 03:07 PM.

Formerly dvo
    and water in the bottles?

mtbr member
    Might join, but may opt for Kirkwood.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    No, most people are on road bikes. I use an MTB because I'm a hard hard man that loves punishment. Also, its all I have.
    I'm in the same boat

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Stupid NCVA sched a tournement for super bowl sunday. It should be a national holiday for all sports that parents normally attend.
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dvo View Post
    and water in the bottles?
    Hydration packs are actually not allowed on this ride. Francis forgot to post that. Extra points for those who are hammering so hard, they throw their water bottle off to the side of the road.

Also, baggies. No baggies allowed.

Smiling only to be done before or after the ride - roadie scowls are required during the ride. Geesh - I can't believe I have to post this. You all should know.

mtbr member
    Hydration packs are actually not allowed on this ride. Francis forgot to post that. Extra points for those who are hammering so hard, they throw their water bottle off to the side of the road.

Smiling only to be done before or after the ride - roadie scowls are required during the ride. Geesh - I can't believe I have to post this. You all should know.
    OW: To keep on winning it meant you had to keep taking banned substances to do it? Are you saying that's how common it was?

LA: "Yes, and I'm not sure that this is an acceptable answer, but that's like saying we have to have air in our tires or we have to have water in our bottles. That was, in my view, part of the job."

mtbr member
    I know it's a roadie thing but it might be fun to find a detour through Grant Ranch for part of the ride - always wanted to do that on the Mt Ham climb (gives me a reason to bring the CX bike)

Wēk SŰs
    Quote Originally Posted by EBrider View Post
    OW: To keep on winning it meant you had to keep taking banned substances to do it? Are you saying that's how common it was?

LA: "Yes, and I'm not sure that this is an acceptable answer, but that's like saying we have to have air in our tires or we have to have water in our bottles. That was, in my view, part of the job."
    I'm a cheater.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Ride with us! Im not fast at all but the ride is doable. Don't be intimidated-it's not that bad and you'll be glad you did it!
    I had a blast last time I rode with you guys and I pushed my limits back then too. Im in! But Im counting on you guys to peel me off the pavement when I crash out. Ill bring a tow rope

pro leisure tour

Pffft!
    Careful, you could get kicked off Team Social Pace for talk like that!
    Last edited by sparkyJay; 01-18-2013 at 08:57 PM.

PRETENDURO
    You be next to Dion-wearing La Sagrada Virgen de Guadalupe Jersey
    Yes. I guess I owe you a beer!

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I'm seriously thinking of bringing pogies for the descent down. BRRRRR!

Sent from CouchPad via Outer Space

fc
    Ello. It's on roadies!

mtbr member

This will be my first Superbowl Sunday MTBR roadie ride.

Lookin' forward to it!
    Switchbaxr

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Some tweaker who rides UCSC dirt regularly. He's usually found around the tanks, near certain postal type trails, or the railroad tracks.

Total tweaker.

Should get a real day job.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    The best part of this thread? If it is riding weather, the whole lot of you doing this ride aren't on my local trails

The worst part? If the weather looks to be shitty, with the wife out of town, my two options are this ride or Kennedy with ancient rascal.

rho
    Life is strange
    Quote Originally Posted by grumblingcrustacean View Post
    The best part of this thread? If it is riding weather, the whole lot of you doing this ride aren't on my local trails

The worst part? If the weather looks to be shitty, with the wife out of town, my two options are this ride or Kennedy with ancient rascal.
    You should do this ride. Better beer at the end.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    In! Hopefully with my brand new road bike. Yeah, this year I'll actually ride this road ride with a road bike.
    Can we talk tires now?

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Since my Niners are playing my other favorite team in the NFL, the Ravens - I'm gonna HTFU and get through this ride. I have to be mounted on the couch at kickoff which is 6:30pm EST (3:30pm PST). Brother John vs. Brother Jim... facking epic!!! If Kap brings this home, I see a MVP trophy with his name on it.

To my TSP'ers... there are two sports that I love: MMA and Football. I know you guys don't understand my fanaticism, but my beloved football only comes home a few months out of year! Speaking of MMA, Rampage is fighting next week .

mtbr member

From Last Year

It looks like about 3 hours of riding and a little under 4 hours including the regroup at the summit and a mellow descent back to the parking lot. If we roll around 9, back by 1 and in plenty of time for a 3:30 kickoff.

No excuses.

Are we putting air in the tires today?

rho
    Life is strange
    I'll be riding to the kickoff point from the Willow Glen/Campbell area if anyone is interested in meeting up and riding out there.

One more week!

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Word. Lets do dis.

mtbr member
    Here's a teaser for Sunday. Will also bring a hop riot. Forecast looks good now, hopefully it holds up.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013 Superbowl Mt. Hamilton ride - Sunday, Feb 3-uploadfromtaptalk1359408188024.jpg  

fc
    weather is looking good.

Is there any interest of setting up a tv there and watching at the lot? I do have the mtbr canopy.

Weather looks good.

fc
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013 Superbowl Mt. Hamilton ride - Sunday, Feb 3-1-screen-shot-2013-01-28-2.07.41-pm.jpg  

mtbr member
    Is there any interest of setting up a tv there and watching at the lot? I do have the mtbr canopy.
    I will probably get closer to home before the game starts unless someone wants to volunteer to drive. That whiskey barrel aged Bigfoot is 13.2%

Wēk SŰs
    Here's a teaser for Sunday. Will also bring a hop riot. Forecast looks good now, hopefully it holds up.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

What did you attach? I'm seeing this a good bit lately, empty boxes that say "attached images".

mtbr member
    See if it works when uploading from my desktop.
     photo 20130128_155224_zps4fc1605f.jpg
    Last edited by EBrider; 01-28-2013 at 05:18 PM.

Wēk SŰs
    See if it works when uploading from my desktop.
    Ah, beer! I see the image now.

rj2
    mtbr member
    weather is looking good.

Weather looks good.

fc
    Live stream on Watch Super Bowl 2013 Live - CBSSports.com News, Rumors, Scores, Stats, Fantasy. Somenone could bring a laptop, access point, large monitor and speakers.
    We take care of your technology needs so you can focus on what's important.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    How long should this take to do on a FS mtn bike, say starting from Grant Park? Assume TSP speeds as I'm no roadie. I wouldn't put slicks on my bike for one ride.

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by sjhiker View Post
    How long should this take to do on a FS mtn bike, say starting from Grant Park? Assume TSP speeds as I'm no roadie. I wouldn't put slicks on my bike for one ride.
    Anything goesóno requirement for a ďfastĒ bikeórun what you normally ride (OK, so I ďcheatedĒ by putting 24"x3.5" slicks on mine ):
    IMG_0740

pro leisure tour
    I will probably get closer to home before the game starts unless someone wants to volunteer to drive. That whiskey barrel aged Bigfoot is 13.2%
    You can catch a ride with me from Martinez. Sending PM

Let's ride
    Quote Originally Posted by sjhiker View Post
    From Grant, you're about 9 miles from the top and a slow 1:20 should do it. If you're a medium speed climber, I'd say 60 mins on a FS with knobbies.

fc
    Wasn't there some epic KOM battle between Diesel, Marco Boldt, Kramer???

fc

bike dork extraordinaire
    Wasn't there some epic KOM battle between Diesel, Marco Boldt, Kramer???

fc
    I think I can make it, but that Costa kid laid down a pretty mean KOM time last fall, so I'm thinking more beer friendly pace.

Puro Vida!

So whose riding Social Pace up this Biat@h? Holland is out-damn you. I think l may have been the last one first year-and not much better last-but at least I made it!

Is this thing on?
    So whose riding Social Pace up this Biat@h? Holland is out-damn you. I think l may have been the last one first year-and not much better last-but at least I made it!
    I'll be there and at a some what social pace. I think you beat me to the top last year. I have slicks on my bike so it'll be a bit easier going up.

Dion, You going to make it? Sounds like you could use a TSP ride.

PRETENDURO
    Remember, I have a bottle of Pliney for YOU and no one else, after last yearís fiasco with that chick telling you that you couldnít have your own. In fact, lemme hitch a ride with you to the starting point so I can bring several beers with me rather than trying to juggle them for 16 miles from my house on my SS.

Let's ride
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    Remember, I have a bottle of Pliney for YOU and no one else, after last yearís fiasco with that chick telling you that you couldnít have your own. In fact, lemme hitch a ride with you to the starting point so I can bring several beers with me rather than trying to juggle them for 16 miles from my house on my SS.
    Firstly, pick a new avatar.

Second, HTFU. You can't carry a few beers for 16 miles, one-way?

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by rensho View Post
    Firstly, pick a new avatar.

Second, HTFU. You can't carry a few beers for 16 miles, one-way?

(1) The Runny Poo Poo show is everything to everyone here in ímerica, (right next to Budweiser and NASCRAP) especially for the ones with quadruple chins. Iím showing my ímericun pride, dude.
    (2) LOL! Yes, if I bring my backpack I can lug them, but I will be wearing my team kit, and in the team packet it clearly states that I should be wearing my team kit in an unobstructed fashion, such that my teamís logo as well as sponsor logos should be all clearly visible.

rho
    Life is strange
    (1) The Runny Poo Poo show is everything to everyone here in ímerica, (right next to Budweiser and NASCRAP) especially for the ones with quadruple chins. Iím showing my ímericun pride, dude.
    (2) LOL! Yes, if I bring my backpack I can lug them, but I will be wearing my team kit, and in the team packet it clearly states that I should be wearing my team kit in an unobstructed fashion, such that my teamís logo as well as sponsor logos should be all clearly visible.

Just bring a pack. I have a little rei flash pack that just so happens to be a great beer hauling pack! I'm planning on stashing it in the car/cooler of some generous soul who rides up at a similar pace.

mtbr member
    I thought I signed up to carry the keg on my carbon road bike. I was told that it could hold it no problem. I am also going to clamp a B.O.B. trailer on to the carbon seat stay and tow up my bbq. This carbon stuff is amazing! Super strong in every way. The crackling noise means I have it tight enough I think. I will be riding at TSP pace due to a major sickness right now! This has been a hell of a weak with a very sick kid, grandma passing away, wife being sick and now I have the dreaded sickness. I will pause here for a collective sigh for my sorry for my butt self! Ok I got a bit derailed and it might be due to an unusually high fever but If I can mount my bike, I am going up. See you all there!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    I thought I signed up to carry the keg on my carbon road bike. I was told that it could hold it no problem. I am also going to clamp a B.O.B. trailer on to the carbon seat stay and tow up my bbq. This carbon stuff is amazing! Super strong in every way. The crackling noise means I have it tight enough I think. I will be riding at TSP pace due to a major sickness right now! This has been a hell of a weak with a very sick kid, grandma passing away, wife being sick and now I have the dreaded sickness. I will pause here for a collective sigh for my sorry for my butt self! Ok I got a bit derailed and it might be due to an unusually high fever but If I can mount my bike, I am going up. See you all there!
    Its bad form to pass a keg, so you should be kom this year.

I think we should also tote a big screen up the hill and catch the webcast of the cx worlds.

another day at the office
    I'm in. I'll probably be in the pain locker after Grant Ranch, but I won't be only person crying for sag wagon.

Now, what to put in the slow cooker this weekend? Hmmm
    Some pain is physical and some is mental, but one that's both is dental.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I'll be there and at a some what social pace. I think you beat me to the top last year. I have slicks on my bike so it'll be a bit easier going up.

Dion, You going to make it? Sounds like you could use a TSP ride.
    Yes! I'm rolling. This is the bike I'm taking.

Is this thing on?
    Yes! I'm rolling. This is the bike I'm taking.

Cool, can't wait to see you bust all those moves I don't know the names of. That brake should make for a fun decent.

Let's ride
    I don't care your reason, it makes me hurl.

mtbr member
    I'm out. On mannie duty while wife is away. You guys have fun!

mtbr member
    Think i'll give it a go on my new flatbar roadie. Gotta catch up to my buddies who just did two laps up Diablo today. What's the worst grade on the climb up?
    My bike video YT channel: biiiiiiiiiiiikiiiiiiiinnnnnnng

PRETENDURO
    ďTrailsĒ were in great condition today, lots of hero asphalt to be had :

Oh yeah, and this is the bike:
    IMG_0740
    Last edited by Leopold Porkstacker; 01-31-2013 at 08:43 PM.

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by rensho View Post
    I don't care your reason, it makes me hurl.
    OK, OK, alright already. I changed it.

Is this thing on?
    Did you at least wash that thing?

Let's ride
    Quote Originally Posted by monkei View Post
    Think i'll give it a go on my new flatbar roadie. Gotta catch up to my buddies who just did two laps up Diablo today. What's the worst grade on the climb up?
    Mild grade the whole way. I don't think it is ever over 6%.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I can't ride up this year due to riding restrictions, but I'll stop by and say hi to everyone since the meeting spot is only a mile from my house ....sucks!

mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Did you at least wash that thing?
    Mud adds the extra weight Brett is going for. With the dried up mud, he met his MEWQ (Minimum Extraneous Weight Quota). Who else races with a frame bag stuffed with enough rations to survive the Apocalypse?

Puro Vida!

So this is gonna hurt-funny thing I look forward to this ride! Each year I say gotta train for it-and each year I may get one or two rides in on the road bike before it. Someone's gotta be last.

mtbr member
    Any chicks planning to ride?

mtbr member
    Dion used to have a really big chest so does that count? There are always women on this ride but a lot of them don't post on here.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Christieland View Post
    Any chicks planning to ride?
    Law was going to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0