sunnyside up

2009 Specialized, Niner, IBIS, Maverick Demo Bikes @ Passion Trail Bikes Sun Oct 5

Free demo rides on Sunday Oct 5...

Specialized is sending the trailer up from Morgan Hill to Belmont with a fleet of the newly re-designed Epic and SX Trail models as well as Stumpjumper, Enduro, Pitch, Stumpy 29er and Safire bikes.

We have also got our hands on IBIS and Maverick, and some Santa Cruz, Niner, and Giant Demo bikes too. Full list here.

We will have them all available for a free dirty demo ride. There will be rides launching from the shop at 9, 11 and 1 o’clock through the singletrack at Waterdog Park as well as big bike rides through the dirt jumps and drop-ins at Carlmont. Reservations are recommended.

More details on the PTB blog:http://www.passiontrailbikes.com/

Patty, for Passion Trail Bikes
    Last edited by knobbyknees; 10-03-2008 at 11:06 AM.
    "...So forget all your duties, oh yeah! Fat bottomed girls, they'll be riding today..." Freddie Mercury

mtbr member
    May 2005
    No new Big Hits?
    I used to run tubes like you are, but then I got thorn in my wheel.

sunnyside up
    I don't think we will have Big Hits, but we will have the SX Trail

"...So forget all your duties, oh yeah! Fat bottomed girls, they'll be riding today..." Freddie Mercury

dis member

Stalk

Let me know what size you want to see, and I'll see what I can do.

I just found out today we will have a bunch of Mavericks too, two Durances and two ML-8's, plus a whole flock of Ibis Mojos.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Don't worry much Charles. It was more of rithorical question
    Friend of mine may look for Large Big Hit to get more adequate DH ring for the next season, but it doesn't seems that anyone of us would be able to get there on Sunday.

I'm trying to get crew to ride N* on Sat. So on Sunday I will be on the family duty all day.
    I used to run tubes like you are, but then I got thorn in my wheel.

sunnyside up
    Just wanted to let people know that if you would like to test ride any of these bikes you should make a reservation for one of the rides ASAP to make sure we have your size available. Contact Daniel at 650-620-9798 or email daniel AT passiontrailbikes.com

Capricious youth...
    I have a strong desire to try out a new SX Trail... STRONG desire.
    Meh.

sunnyside up
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettym1k3
    I have a strong desire to try out a new SX Trail... STRONG desire.
    It is a thing of beauty!

Of course, this is also purty purty:

And then there's this...

mtbr member
    Are you guys going to be having a sale too? Is this event on even if it rains?

dis member

Rain !?!

What kind of attitude it that?

But, um, yeah, its rain or shine. These aren't my bikes, or at least most of aren't

And yes, we will have bikes and stuff on sale. Daniel and Patty are working on that now.

sunnyside up
    Rain is awesome! Expected in on Friday, maybe a little sprinkle on Saturday. Should be just enough to make the trails tacky and dust free! Oh, yeah!

And yes, there will be a sale. Details at 11. Rumor has it we will have windbreakers, tights and other cool weather clothing discounted. Other stuff too. backpedal is gonna be shocked. Stay tuned.

Patty

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Stumpy 29er

Which model Stumpy 29er is available for demo?

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    9am, 11am, and 1pm... so does this mean we have a maximum of 2hrs to ride the demo bikes at least on the first 2 launching times?

dis member

More like 90 minutes

We will need time to get your pedals on, set the saddle, and get the suspension set up for you. We'll also need to do that for the guy riding it after you, so the rides will only be about 90 minutes, including 20 or 30 minutes of pavement, depending on how quickly riders and staff can transition. If you need more than that, you might try to sign up for two laps on the same bike.

sunnyside up
    We just had a couple Niner Rip9 full suspension 29ers dropped off here. Hopefully we can get them built up and ready to ride. If you are interested, follow instructions above to reserve a spot.

Patty

sunnyside up
    Details on the sale are posted in a new thread here:

Details on the PTB Sale & Demo day are here