Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    roadie
    sorry dudes. crushed it. 2 minutes to the tree.. there is no point in continuing this thread.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ymkq3Iq3MyE?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by modbog View Post
    sorry dudes. crushed it. 2 minutes to the tree.. there is no point in continuing this thread.
    Awesome! You know you're crushing it when you have to worry about the rangers while going up hill. And that guy riding it backwards was truly hard core. I did pick up one tip from your videos ... I don't need to start my ride from inside the potty to match the Strava segment.

Your killing my Strava
    29 min to tree 55 min to top. Lol damn I am slow
    We will never know our full potential unless we push ourselves to find it.

mtbr member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ymkq3Iq3MyE?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    I don't mean to be a dick but seems like you cheated somehow. Just this little voice inside my head says something ain't quite right. I don't know how but I am going to find out what you did to hit this amazing time and when I do, like Endurain, and all those mind trick drugs he did, you're going down.

For now gents, new time to beat is 2 minutes.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnyl26 View Post
    29 min to tree 55 min to top. Lol damn I am slow
    Thanks for posting. We both have some work to do ! Heck the OP has nothing yet and that is messed up !
    Still searching for my red headed hairdresser Tiffany. "Economic Mother Nature" ... Knocks at door! -AR

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Sup guys, im glad to see everybody is on the trail! Nice video Ancient!!

How about a ride tomorrow around 4pm? Ancient, PMarshall, anybody??

B.C

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazilian Climber View Post
    Sup guys, im glad to see everybody is on the trail! Nice video Ancient!!

How about a ride tomorrow around 4pm? Ancient, PMarshall, anybody??

B.C
    If you are going for time.....you won't be riding with too many of us for very long ! Not too many are gonna do a 33 to the top BC. I just got back from there at lunch hour and the conditions are perfect. Prolly take tamale off then do round # 6 attempt on Thursday. Still trying for the sub 20 only for now. C'mon guys...BC is one hella quick rabbit to follow up to trim down those times !
    Still searching for my red headed hairdresser Tiffany. "Economic Mother Nature" ... Knocks at door! -AR

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient rascal View Post
    If you are going for time.....you won't be riding with too many of us for very long ! Not too many are gonna do a 33 to the top BC. I just got back from there at lunch hour and the conditions are perfect. Prolly take tamale off then do round # 6 attempt on Thursday. Still trying for the sub 20 only for now. C'mon guys...BC is one hella quick rabbit to follow up to trim down those times !
    What time Thursday? Maybe I will try to join you for the 20. Supposed ta rain Friday.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by squashyo View Post
    What time Thursday? Maybe I will try to join you for the 20. Supposed ta rain Friday.
    Sure thing. Thursday may be the last of the great conditions for a bit. The Dogmeat man and the 20-40 dude out for a nice easy crotchstomping ride to the tree eh ! ....

fc
    mtbr founder Administrator
    Ok, ok, ok.... I'm not really seeing a lot of new members to the 20-35 club. That is the real crusher category right? Hit the 20 minute mark, keep the pace and finish strong!

We have one: Brooks Sizemore. Dirk DB, William K and Clark are in but they did it before this thread started.
    Brooks Sizemore | Cyclist in San Francisco, CA | Strava

To the tree:
    Kennedy PT (Potty Tree)
    <iframe height='405' width='590' frameborder='0' allowtransparency='true' scrolling='no' src='http://app.strava.com/segments/807965/embed'></iframe>

To the top:
    Kennedy Fire Road Trail (RD entrance to
    <iframe height='405' width='590' frameborder='0' allowtransparency='true' scrolling='no' src='http://app.strava.com/segments/618921/embed'></iframe>

fc

roadie
    Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    also a cross bike

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    well, i dont have strava yet!

but tomorrow afternoon i bet i can go to the kennedy's top in under 33 minutes!

B.C

mtbr member
    well, i dont have strava yet!

but tomorrow afternoon i bet i can go to the kennedy's top in under 33 minutes!

B.C
    Atta boy ! You a mean motor scooter and a bad go getter ..... eh ? Peet's coffee card to the dude that beats him tamale !

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    hehehehe...

lets make it clear here! it is not a race, its just a fun ride!!

B.C

fc
    also a cross bike
    Automatic Disqualification then. Good eye.

Clark Foy - DQ on cross bike

Other dudes... DQ for not riding it since the challenge began.

Everybody who's initials are not FC are DQ'd too.

Brazilian wax Climber. I'll lend you a GPS. You need to get on the board.

fc

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    I will accept the GPS, thank you Francois! but, i dont see why the other riders would have to be DQ'd!!

How faster can be a cross bike than a really light hardtail mtb?

I think they all should be included in this challenge even if they rode before its establishment!

B.C

mtbr member
    hehehehe...

lets make it clear here! it is not a race, its just a fun ride!!

B.C
    Yup ..... I bet a sub 33 to the top would be all kinds of fun !

mtbr member
    I will accept the GPS, thank you Francois! but, i dont see why the other riders would have to be DQ'd!!

How faster can be a cross bike than a really light hardtail mtb?

I think they all should be included in this challenge even if they rode before its establishment!

B.C
    He's messin around BC. But my challenge is as of 3 weeks ago only. Not really for times .... more just a completion challenge. It's a bit like the Dogmeat challenge....which I had to re do to make Squashyo's start date and cut off date. I barely survived that crap !

PRETENDURO
    Man, I still need to lick that Dogmeat no dabs challenge, nevermind the 20 minute challenge.
    Last edited by Leopold Porkstacker; 11-08-2011 at 09:24 PM.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    Man, I still need to lick that Dogmeat challenge.
    Once we all do ElHombre's enhanced 20-40-20...... we should be ready for the second annual .......well you know - #8

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Hi all,

just got back from kennedy trail!

So, to the mid way trees... 18:15

to the kennedy top... 32:42...

Too bad i did not have a garmin neither nobody faster to chase!!

Cheers,
    B.C

mtbr member
    Hi all,

Cheers,
    B.C
    Nice BC ! Brutal run no doubt after the low 18 to the tree. My Peet's card offer survived today me thinks ! Congrats

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    hehehehe...

Thx bro! I learned how to ride that trails with you and Eric!!

You are my mentors!!

B.C

fc
    Hi all,

Cheers,
    B.C
    That's amazing. What bike are you using btw? How much does it weigh?

fc

mtbr member
    Nice job Darcio!!!!!!! Freak! I got a brazilian the other day and it didn't make me any faster! What is your secret? Please get this man a GPS for the love of God!
    They never made the "Slowster"

mtbr member
    Nice riding with you animals out there today. That 20 is in reach...next time I'll bring fresh legs. PR'd it but not by much. AR you are a Brazilian wax hair away from landing this beast!

So, here's the Dogmeat challenge: 2nd Annual Dogmeat No Dab Challenge!!! It's on!

Darcio: here is the GPS I have which you can steal for $50 if interested: Amazon.com: Garmin Forerunner 405 Wireless GPS-Enabled Sports Watch with USB ANT Stick and Heart Rate Monitor (Black): GPS & Navigation I barely used it...

These reviews seem to be all over the place. Personally, I thought it worked great but I use the Garmin 500 exclusively now so it just collects dust. No worries if not interested.

Cheers gents and great fun out there today!

More Torque
    Nice riding with you animals out there today. That 20 is in reach...next time I'll bring fresh legs. PR'd it but not by much. AR you are a Brazilian wax hair away from landing this beast!

So, here's the Dogmeat challenge: 2nd Annual Dogmeat No Dab Challenge!!! It's on!

Darcio: here is the GPS I have which you can steal for $50 if interested: Amazon.com: Garmin Forerunner 405 Wireless GPS-Enabled Sports Watch with USB ANT Stick and Heart Rate Monitor (Black): GPS & Navigation I barely used it...

These reviews seem to be all over the place. Personally, I thought it worked great but I use the Garmin 500 exclusively now so it just collects dust. No worries if not interested.

Damn, dude! I'll steal it from you for $50. My old 205 has been a bit flaky lately.

-D

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Thx guys!

So I am using a cannondale taurine 2009 it weighs 22.02, nothing beats a 26er hardtail for the time trials up kennedy, but im getting a scott scale pro 29er 2012 in Dec., thats gonna make wonders ar sea otter next year!

And Squashyo I will take your watch! Thx for the deal!

BC

mtbr member
    Thx guys!

So I am using a cannondale taurine 2009 it weighs 22.02, nothing beats a 26er hardtail for the time trials up kennedy, but im getting a scott scale pro 29er 2012 in Dec., thats gonna make wonders ar sea otter next year!

And Squashyo I will take your watch! Thx for the deal!

BC

Cool riding with you both today. Close but no cigar again for us. For me...Round #7 hopefully next week if its not too wet. Good effort today Squashyo after the ride you did yesterday. 13 days left before turkey day ride and we should prolly show up there with our sub 20's.....eh ? Congrats on cleaning dogmeat and thanks for putting the challenge up for the 2nd annual contest.....I think ?..... I MUST GET ON AGAIN ! .....- #8

mtbr member
    Man, I still need to lick that Dogmeat no dabs challenge, nevermind the 20 minute challenge.
    You will do them both before long.
    Last edited by ancient rascal; 11-10-2011 at 04:49 PM.

ebnash

Damn, so close... 40:22

Agggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 40:22

So freakin close tonight, but still no dice. Admitedly, I haven't really been training for this, but I really only have one more shot to get it before T-Day.

<iframe height='405' width='590' frameborder='0' allowtransparency='true' scrolling='no' src='http://app.strava.com/runs/2333400/embed/dcacc42f72d6535108742d24e846494914d1f7f3'></iframe>

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ebnash View Post

So freakin close tonight, but still no dice. Admitedly, I haven't really been training for this, but I really only have one more shot to get it before T-Day.

<iframe height='405' width='590' frameborder='0' allowtransparency='true' scrolling='no' src='http://app.strava.com/runs/2333400/embed/dcacc42f72d6535108742d24e846494914d1f7f3'></iframe>
    Super impressive for a big guy! I think you said your about 220lbs? You must have some strong legs and good lungs. Just going to have to find a spot and sprint it out. Your going to get there soon.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ebnash View Post

You will get it and I bet you can't wait to clip it ! This miss for me to the tree almost put tears in my eyes. 20:13.....11/10/11.

mtbr member

Finally...I'm in !

20:58...20:20....20:13....20:26 on Sunday...19:59 Today....I take it ! Big air in the tires....no water bottle and one glance only at the clock .... 9:39 @ the hairpin before the longest brutal hill with water bars. Saw the 19 as I passed the tree ..... one blink...and it read 20. Like Francois said...you may need 10 runs to dial it in. # 8 rounds for me. Cool to see Squashyo at the trailhead and a classic coincidence ! Coffee DQ'd ? ************ Prolly twice the legal limit I must confess ! US Cycling Federation (to exceed the US cycling Federation's legal limit for caffeine - urine concentration of 12 micrograms/ml - one would have to ingest 600 mg of caffeine (6 cups of coffee) and have a urine test within 2 to 3 hours).
    Last edited by ancient rascal; 11-15-2011 at 06:05 PM.

Hipster
    20:58...20:20....20:13....20:26 on Sunday...19:59 Today....I take it ! Big air in the tires....no water bottle and one glance only at the clock .... 9:39 @ the hairpin before the longest brutal hill with water bars. Saw the 19 as I passed the tree ..... one blink...and it read 20. Like Francois said...you may need 10 runs to dial it in. # 8 rounds for me. Cool to see Squashyo at the trailhead and a classic coincidence !
    Nice work!!

mtbr member
    20:58...20:20....20:13....20:26 on Sunday...19:59 Today....I take it ! Big air in the tires....no water bottle and one glance only at the clock .... 9:39 @ the hairpin before the longest brutal hill with water bars. Saw the 19 as I passed the tree ..... one blink...and it read 20. Like Francois said...you may need 10 runs to dial it in. # 8 rounds for me. Cool to see Squashyo at the trailhead and a classic coincidence !
    Congrats AR I saw you at the trail head before Sundays attempt. Great job today now you can move on to the next challenge!

mtbr member
    Very well done sir!!!! You can check that one off for now.

ebnash
    Way to stick with it. I just want the sub 40 so I can stop torturing myself on this climb and go do some fun rides...

mtbr member
    Glad to have witnessed this tremendous event. Granted, I witnessed it in a hallucinatory haze produced from a feeble 21:55 effort. Way to go, home boy!

mtbr member
    I just realized I had been doing this challenge all wrong. I was under the impression that I was supposed to get close to 20 mins for the tree and close to 40 for the top. After checking the data, I realized that my best time to the tree was 12 minutes and to the top in 26 mins. I tried to add more time standing around on the trail but I just start to get cold. After I got to the last wall I figure I would add some time and eat a power bar. I even waited till I digested it before finally moving on to the top. I almost blew it and went over 40 mins! This challenge has been fun but the way I do it, I get no benefit. I also did it once seated backwards on my bars and I even made better time than normal. Must be weight distribution or something.

mtbr member
    Thanks guys ! I had to take more swings at this one than I did on Squashyo's dogmeat challenge ... which I'm sure many have noticed has raised it's ugly head again ! 5 rounds for Dogmeat and 8 rounds for the sub 20. Squashyo is in for a bit of a struggle on the sub 20 part of my thread. Just like it was for me on his original Dogmeat challenge. And... like anything else. It's mo fun when you have to work hard to get it......eh ?

ask
    user
    Very nice job! Congrats to all who have reached the sub 20 and/or 40.

I am with ebnash... I just want the sub 40 so I can stop obsessing over this challenge and go ride some other trails.

PRETENDURO
    Thanks guys ! I had to take more swings at this one than I did on Squashyo's dogmeat challenge ... which I'm sure many have noticed has raised it's ugly head again ! 5 rounds for Dogmeat and 8 rounds for the sub 20. Squashyo is in for a bit of a struggle on the sub 20 part of my thread. Just like it was for me on his original Dogmeat challenge. And... like anything else. It's mo fun when you have to work hard to get it......eh ?
    Nice work dude! I donít know how you can do it without a water bottle though, I sweat like a motherf&#117;cker when I ride, no matter how hard or how easy the pace.

I am hoping to get out there Friday for another go at the sub-20 to the tree attempt. I have a new $70 hardtail frame Iíve built up for the sake of cheap/light/speed. I am interested to see how much uphill time I can shave off without rear suspension.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Nice work dude! I donít know how you can do it without a water bottle though, I sweat like a mother****er when I ride, no matter how hard or how easy the pace.

I am hoping to get out there Friday for another go at the sub-20 to the tree attempt. I have a new $70 hardtail frame Iíve built up for the sake of cheap/light/speed. I am interested to see how much uphill time I can shave off without rear suspension.
    Thanks man. It was the hardest thing ever for me. No water bottle is no big deal when you drive there walk across the street then do a 20 minute run and come back. Those 8 runs were for sub 20 tries only. I was blown up at the tree on all of them. Your gonna be hella fast on the hardtail. Can't wait to see it. Good luck....you will get faster each run and it may take a few !

mtbr member

Current List

Sub 20 to Tree 1. pmarshall 2. ukbloke 3. ancient rascal Sub 40 to Top 1. ygduf 2. squashyo 3. lporkstacker 4. ancient rascal sub 20-40 combo 1. brazilian climber 2. mboldt 3. mtbjedi1 4. pmarshall 5. Brooks Sub 20-40-50-20 shebang 1. diesel Congrats to all and let me know if I have this right ?
    Last edited by ancient rascal; 11-22-2011 at 04:04 PM.

PRETENDURO
    Seems Iím not getting any faster. I can only guess it is due to not having had an uninterrupted night of sleep for more than a month, and also fewer proper training rides. I havenít changed a thing in my diet or amounts of fluids that I ingest/pass.

Regardless, I tried again today on the new lighter weight hardtail, had some rear derailleur problems (probably lost about a minute to the tree, and about a minute to the top because of the problems). I forgot that new cables stretch out. So, here is my 20 40 fail #something:

<iframe height='405' width='590' frameborder='0' allowtransparency='true' scrolling='no' src='http://app.strava.com/runs/2372360/embed/a8fda602efa389c7ed7bf5fe8429ffe964473de6'></iframe>

mtbr member
    Seems Iím not getting any faster. I can only guess it is due to not having had an uninterrupted night of sleep for more than a month, and also fewer proper training rides. I havenít changed a thing in my diet or amounts of fluids that I ingest/pass.

Regardless, I tried again today on the new lighter weight hardtail, had some rear derailleur problems (probably lost about a minute to the tree, and about a minute to the top because of the problems). I forgot that new cables stretch out. So, here is my 20 40 fail #something:

<iframe height='405' width='590' frameborder='0' allowtransparency='true' scrolling='no' src='http://app.strava.com/runs/2372360/embed/a8fda602efa389c7ed7bf5fe8429ffe964473de6'></iframe>
    You and I at least got part of it. You crushed the sub 40 and I devastated the sub 20. ... I may have had up to 1/3 of a second to spare on that run !

PRETENDURO
    All the local weather forecasts were sooo freakiní incorrect that I decided to opt out of what could have been a 75% no rain ride up Kennedy. Yes, it would have been cooooold and muddy, but oh well.

mtbr member
    Came down Kennedy today after riding Dogmeat and have to say any new efforts for this are going to be TOUGH till we see a long break in the weather. Very thick mud at the beginning that will knock some legs out early.

werd

mtbr member
    Came down Kennedy today after riding Dogmeat and have to say any new efforts for this are going to be TOUGH till we see a long break in the weather. Very thick mud at the beginning that will knock some legs out early.

werd
    Thanks for posting that info ! B.climber and I were headed there for a try tamale @ 11. We go ride from TOT hill rd. entrance instead on Kennedy side.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast