Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    mtbr member

Brazilian Climber's 20-40 combo

18:34...33:24....He sent this time to me and said to post it up for him. This run was the day after pmarshall and I met up with him wednesday last week. Jeez .... what a run !
    You became weak loafing around in that big girly gear! -Soares

mtbr member
    With stop watch did 39 minz to top tree and beyond. Made it to midway tree around 22. Strava tells a different story though.

me=tired

mtbr member
    39 minz to the top counts buddy! Congrats on that achievement.
    They never made the "Slowster"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by squashyo View Post
    With stop watch did 39 minz to top tree and beyond. Made it to midway tree around 22. Strava tells a different story though.

me=tired
    Congrats squashyo. Integrity Rules all and the stopwatch is golden. In my book you have both.

swag ho Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbjedi1 View Post
    i just use my watch. With shifters, brake levers, suspension adjustment and remote for my seatpost, last thing I want is more controls on my handlebars!
    That's actually counter to what gps/strava does. To time myself up a hill with a stopwatch, I press reset, press start at the start (while trying to hold the handlebars). Then at the finish line, press stop.

If there's 5 hills in a ride, do that 5x.

With gps/strava, I just turn the thing on when I leave the house, keep it in my pocket and turn it off later. Every hill is recorded. So it can be less intrusive if you want it to be.

fc

swag ho Administrator
    My KOM bike is complete.

Unfortunately, I have to leave town for bizniz.

fc
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20 and 40 under club !-dsc_0039.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    My KOM bike is complete.

fc
    Where is the scale picture of? We demand cold hard facts. I would love to try a 29er up there sometime just to see if there would be a difference. I have heard all the blah blah about rolling stuff but I need to experience for myself.

mtbr member
    My KOM bike is complete.

fc
    What's the story with the front brakes on this beast? I don't see 'em.

mtbr member
    I might be more concerned about the lack of a skewer myself. I mean come on now, the lengths people will go to save 100 grams! I feel like this is one of those kids "Highlights" magazine puzzles- find what is wrong in this picture.

swag ho Administrator
    This is the latest in hub magnetic induction technology. It allows skewerless atachement and the braking is internal in the hub performed by regenerative coreless motors.

fc

mtbr member
    This is the latest in hub magnetic induction technology. It allows skewerless atachement and the braking is internal in the hub performed by regenerative coreless motors.

fc
    Do you mean a servomechanism regeneratively controls motion by a brushless coreless axial-field motor, exerting torque thru its permanent-magnet disk rotor, resulting from synchronized polyphase sinusoidal stator currents, controlled by a switching controller responsive to input commands and to Hall-effect transducer signals that vary sinusoidally with rotor angle and respectively correspond to stator phases?
    Last edited by squashyo; 10-26-2011 at 11:03 AM. Reason: word

swag ho Administrator
    Do you mean a servomechanism regeneratively controls motion by a brushless coreless axial-field motor, exerting torque thru its permanent-magnet disk rotor, resulting from synchronized polyphase sinusoidal stator currents, controlled by a switching controller responsive to input commands and to Hall-effect transducer signals that vary sinusoidally with rotor angle and respectively correspond to stator phases?
    Correct sir. This guy designed it for me.

mtbr member
    Auto correct just exploded! Let me run some numbers on this and give you some specs- yeah ok so I just ran the numbers and it is good to go. Squash, a random drawing has you going first on this thing. Just watch the transducer, might stick a bit. I did notice that the description you gave sounds exactly like the technical specs of the Jack Lalane ultimate juicer. Is this just coincidence?

mtbr member
    My KOM bike is complete.

fc
    Sweet ride ........ A sub 20 highball ? Pun intended !

mtbr member
    HEY...where's that Jill McLaughlin character...looks like she only needs to cover 29 seconds to join the club.
    Not surprising. When Jill was racing Cat1/Pro on the road, she was a great climber.

And, this place has gone all topsy turvy on me. years ago, I used to be the only one who cared about climbing. Now I don't give a damn and just want the DH fun, and you guys want to climb.

Sabine

PRETENDURO
    I am going to try this tomorrow on the Mensocycle. This will be the first time the Mensocycle has seen a ride since the Howell Mountain Challenge. Surely Menso’s good karma/vibes are still a part of this bike, and will give me the required mental projection for a successful 20/40 run. Film at eleven.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    I am going to try this tomorrow on the Mensocycle. This will be the first time the Mensocycle has seen a ride since the Howell Mountain Challenge. Surely Menso’s good karma/vibes are still a part of this bike, and will give me the required mental projection for a successful 20/40 run. Film at eleven.
    Good luck on your run. You may find it slightly addictive. ...I have tried for the sub 20 only so far but I'm shaving seconds off. Round # 3 is soon and I can't wait.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    19:42 to the tree using the stop-watch. Hopefully, that is enough margin for the Strava segment!

roadie
    who created this segment, anyway? not only does it end way after the tree, it seems to start before the gate.. so make sure you sprint through the entrance!

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    If today's ride is not sub-20 then I will simply define my own segment and call it done! I have no immediate plans to go back to that "trail". I have lap markers at the start and end that will make it trivial to define this segment accurately.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ukbloke View Post
    If today's ride is not sub-20 then I will simply define my own segment and call it done! I have no immediate plans to go back to that "trail". I have lap markers at the start and end that will make it trivial to define this segment accurately.
    Nice time UK! You got me by 8 seconds. Not sure how it was for you but it was very hard for me. Nice time and congrats on that for sure.

Paul

mtbr member
    + 1 and congrats on your sub 20 time UK. I just got back from a swing at the sub 20 myself but missed. 20.54 is all I could muster. I will have hell to pay to get under 20 ..... but don't count me out.

Hipster
    Quote Originally Posted by ukbloke View Post
    I created a segment called Kennedy PT (Potty Tree) that starts a hair after the porta potty and right at the tree. Created using fully zoomed in satellite view, so should be about as accurate as we can get. Should reduce everyone's time by about 28 seconds... (got me down to 20:28)

Paul: this puts you at 19:51...congrats! heh

-Marco

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    Nice time UK! You got me by 8 seconds. Not sure how it was for you but it was very hard for me. Nice time and congrats on that for sure.
    Thanks! We're practically at the same time then. I found it tough. It is depressing watching your average lap speed start off at the 12+mph level and then fall relentlessly down below 7mph, knowing that you have to do something close to 6.8mph to make the time. It does feel pretty comparable to a 20 minute OLH in terms of effort, though I'm certainly losing time and wasting energy on Kennedy due to lack of MTB skills. After the ride I took my bike straight to the shop to finally get my fork serviced/fixed. Anyway, I'm done with this club. Next time out with the MTB I will be exchanging the pain for fun.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Can we get sub 40-80 combo thread going?

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast