Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    rox
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I hate climbing hills, especially ones with no payoff, but Im tempted to go over there just to try to get into the cool club

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient rascal View Post
    I was totally messing with you of course...... I am a kidder you know ! I suppose you noticed the 11 seconds I wanted added would put you in @ 20.01 making a non sub 20. So you are first to go sub twenty on this thread and Brazilian climber is first 20/40 combo. fair enough eh ?
    Of course I know your messing! This is what makes it fun right?
    They never made the "Slowster"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    I could make this one since my last time up I didn't go as fast as I could have. Now the under 30 up mission peak is out of my reach. Why are we doing this again? Oh yeah for personal glory that nobody cares about. Does it stop me from participating? Hell no because I am an attention whore.
    + 1 for personal glory + 1 on most any whorish activity
    You became weak loafing around in that big girly gear! -Soares

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rox View Post
    I hate climbing hills, especially ones with no payoff, but Im tempted to go over there just to try to get into the cool club
    This is basically all Strava stuff anyway. No cool club stuff I hope. I started it up for totally personal reasons to prod myself to go back for those two numbers that I could not quite get. A 20 to the tree and a 40 at the top. Since I'm not fast.... I figured it would be a middle of the road climber challenge for loads of riders. Come over and pin it !

mtbr member
    Don't just try- do. I know you can climb like the wind and this will be in your pocket in no time. sub 20 to the tree is so much harder than the rest of the ride. I only had about 10 seconds to spare and I tried to make time where I could. This truly is 20 mins of pure torture.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    If Rox goes and pins it I'm guessing he will hit 19:36/35:38.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Sup guys,

Nice talking to you too PMarshall and Ancient Rascal!
    Very nice chat at the and of the ride! We should gather again soon!

Peace

B.C

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Sup guys,

Nice talking to you too PMarshall and Ancient Rascal!
    Very nice chat at the end of the ride! We should gather again soon!

Peace

B.C

PRETENDURO
    Nice work guys! I am looking forward to a time when I can take the Mensocycle for a sprint up to the top to see if I can get anywhere near a 20/40.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

rox
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I need to borrow your 20lb climbing machine

Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    Don't just try- do. I know you can climb like the wind and this will be in your pocket in no time. sub 20 to the tree is so much harder than the rest of the ride. I only had about 10 seconds to spare and I tried to make time where I could. This truly is 20 mins of pure torture.

Snowjnky McDreamy
    man for as much as Kennedy sucks butt it sure is a popular here on MTBR!!!! you all are just masochists. the pay off for kennedy is going 50+ down dogmeat; nuts.!!

Yeah I said sucks butt, masochists, dogmet and nuts in the same thread.
    Brother Seamus?
    Like an Irish monk?
    Comic relief in a discussion does no harm..
    CS Lewis
    Quadzilla

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by snowjnky View Post
    man for as much as Kennedy sucks butt it sure is a popular here on MTBR!!!! you all are just masochists. the pay off for kennedy is going 50+ down dogmeat; nuts.!!

Man.... You know how to hurt a guy ! + 1 on pain ! ARTHUR CONLEY ~ YOU REALLY KNOW HOW TO HURT A GUY - YouTube

swag ho Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by snowjnky View Post

I completely agree.

What time are we meeting there later?

fc

mtbr member
    Funny thought occurred to me. I used to think Strava DH was dangerous. Now I see the climbing is an equal foe. Not looking forward to my heart kicking my chest for 40 minutes (or less).

I am getting close to trying this bugger...just waiting on pedals.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by squashyo View Post
    Funny thought occurred to me. I used to think Strava DH was dangerous. Now I see the climbing is an equal foe. Not looking forward to my heart kicking my chest for 40 minutes (or less).

I am getting close to trying this bugger...just waiting on pedals.
    Good luck on the quest. You will make the sub 40 in under 10 tries. Dr. Marshall do you concur ? Dr. Marshall..... DR. MARSHALL ! Catch Me If You Can - Do You Concur - YouTube

swag ho Administrator
    Here is the real KOM for the people with short attention span. The threshold is 2 minutes of pain. It is the first climb of Kennedy!!

mtbr member
    Attention whore galore ! PMPGlory ! He's not gonna be happy till he gets the 20/40 combo. Just sayin !

mtbr member
    Haha- it would be bad if I made that segment but I didn't. Thanks FC for the present. I haven't made a Strava segment yet but have ridden a few that need to be cleaned up. Not sure what people see when they see these but there are some crazy ones out there. Just like MIssion Peak. One of the segments starts outside the gate that you have to open! Come on people, start your segments at reasonable points! I can gain a few seconds just by asking a hiker to hold the gate open. It is the little things that make up seconds on the course. I am still loving Strava though. I have never ridden this much or this hard.

mtbr member

20-40-20 plan

Since this is all about senseless stupid climbing, I think the challenge could be expanded a bit: I propose the 20-40-20 plan: the goal is to hit sub-20 to the tree, sub-40 to the top, then sub-20 on the Dog Meat climb (after you've gone up the rollers and descended Limekiln, of course), in a single ride. I may have to go hide some choice bottles of beer on the summit as reward/carrots for prospective finishers...

PS Paul, with regards to the Strava segments: in their default map-type it's kind of hard to accurately define the start and end points of the segments because of the limited zoom; in satellite mode you can zoom in more and it works better, but since most people don't know or bother, a lot of segments are ill-defined - mostly by accident.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ElHombre View Post
    Since this is all about senseless stupid climbing, I think the challenge could be expanded a bit: I propose the 20-40-20 plan: the goal is to hit sub-20 to the tree, sub-40 to the top, then sub-20 on the Dog Meat climb (after you've gone up the rollers and descended Limekiln, of course), in a single ride. I may have to go hide some choice bottles of beer on the summit as reward/carrots for prospective finishers...

PS Paul, with regards to the Strava segments: in their default map-type it's kind of hard to accurately define the start and end points of the segments because of the limited zoom; in satellite mode you can zoom in more and it works better, but since most people don't know or bother, a lot of segments are ill-defined - mostly by accident.
    I can add your plan as a revision to the post.... for the hard core climbers. The 20-40-20 climbing crotchstompery plan ?

mtbr member
    20-40-20 ....... Dang ... now I have to go get some flat pedals and some shoes I can run up dogmeat with.

feel the Force
    19:45 to tree then 37:30 to top. Kinda fizzled out towards the top.
    A punctured bicycle
    on a hillside desolate,
    will nature make a man of me yet...
    -Morrissey

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbjedi1 View Post
    Jeez! Nice work and killer time on both! I completely understand fizzling out after pushing so hard to the tree. Do you use GPS or stopwatch? I use GPS on every ride now and have forgotten to start my watch on many occasions. The GPS makes it a no brainer most of the time provided you finish the segment you started.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbjedi1 View Post
    ..... Force felt ! Very nice!

feel the Force
    i just use my watch. With shifters, brake levers, suspension adjustment and remote for my seatpost, last thing I want is more controls on my handlebars!
    A punctured bicycle
    on a hillside desolate,
    will nature make a man of me yet...
    -Morrissey

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast