Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 151 to 200 of 259
  1. #151
    PRETENDURO
    Reputation: Leopold Porkstacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,225
    Hoping to trying it out again this Friday morning (tomorrow) with all that nice hero mud. I just have to remember HAMMER HAMMER HAMMER IT BITCH ALL THE WAY TO THE TREE. I have to find a way to remove that pesky 1.5 minutes to the tree.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

  2. #152
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pmarshall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,858
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    Hoping to trying it out again this Friday morning (tomorrow) with all that nice hero mud. I just have to remember HAMMER HAMMER HAMMER IT ***** ALL THE WAY TO THE TREE. I have to find a way to remove that pesky 1.5 minutes to the tree.
    YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just remember to pedal a bit faster- haha. Good tip huh? I might go out there tomorrow too but won't be till after 1130am.
    They never made the "Slowster"

  3. #153
    mtbr member
    Reputation: squashyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    4,106
    I am with you. I need the same deficit but have been grinding for weeks. Trying tomorrow too...loaded up on beer and porn all night so should be ready! PM let me know when you might head up...may need a tow up.

  4. #154
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ancient rascal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,602

    Friday runs

    Good luck today guys ! The rain is done from what I just heard on the weather report. Trail may be slightly slower though with yes better traction, etc. but may grip your uphill momentum a bit also. Hopefully its perfect. Sub 20 is the big challenge for me. I have the 22.15 ... 21.31 ...20.54 ....20.58 on Weds. this week. Sunday's trail will be a faster race track. I am not giving up on this...... and.... it may turn out to be tougher than cleaning dogmeat for me .... personally. Love the challlenge ..... just like you dogs !
    Still searching for my red headed hairdresser Tiffany. "Economic Mother Nature" ... Knocks at door! -AR

  5. #155
    mtbr member
    Reputation: squashyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    4,106
    Booyah!

    <iframe height='405' width='590' frameborder='0' allowtransparency='true' scrolling='no' src='http://app.strava.com/runs/2212080/embed/e28b9a336c9a0a12b680baacea7a2c04d7102e9f'></iframe>

  6. #156
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,417
    Quote Originally Posted by squashyo View Post
    Booyah!

    <iframe height='405' width='590' frameborder='0' allowtransparency='true' scrolling='no' src='http://app.strava.com/runs/2212080/embed/e28b9a336c9a0a12b680baacea7a2c04d7102e9f'></iframe>
    Congratulations. Close the thread!

  7. #157
    mtbr member
    Reputation: squashyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    4,106

    huh?

    Quote Originally Posted by D1PHAM View Post
    Close the thread!
    I didn't start the thread. Whatchyu talkin' bout, Willis?

  8. #158
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,417
    Quote Originally Posted by squashyo View Post
    I didn't start the thread. Whatchyu talkin' bout, Willis?


    I know you didn't start the thread. I'm just trying to create an excuse as for why I shouldn't go out and try to accomplish this.

  9. #159
    ask
    ask is offline
    user
    Reputation: ask's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    905
    Congrats Squahyo!

  10. #160
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ancient rascal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,602
    Quote Originally Posted by squashyo View Post
    Booyah!

    <iframe height='405' width='590' frameborder='0' allowtransparency='true' scrolling='no' src='http://app.strava.com/runs/2212080/embed/e28b9a336c9a0a12b680baacea7a2c04d7102e9f'></iframe>
    Quote Originally Posted by D1PHAM View Post


    I know you didn't start the thread. I'm just trying to create an excuse as for why I shouldn't go out and try to accomplish this.
    Congrats Squashyo ! me thinks pmarshall + LP may be jealous ! D1PHAM....Squashy did inspire the thread ..... then I enhanced it ..... with ElHombre sending it over the top....pun intended !
    Sunday for me .... round # 5
    Still searching for my red headed hairdresser Tiffany. "Economic Mother Nature" ... Knocks at door! -AR

  11. #161
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Ygduf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    28
    I can barely ride a mountain bike, but I'm going to try for this 20-40 thing tomorrow. If I succeed it will probably be faster going uphill than down.

  12. #162
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    842
    Quote Originally Posted by squashyo View Post
    Booyah!

    <iframe height='405' width='590' frameborder='0' allowtransparency='true' scrolling='no' src='http://app.strava.com/runs/2212080/embed/e28b9a336c9a0a12b680baacea7a2c04d7102e9f'></iframe>
    Nice, Glad to see you hit your goal! I have a long way to go but I'll keep on trying.

    BTW...How do you guys post that strava page?

  13. #163
    mtbr member
    Reputation: squashyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    4,106

    Thanks!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by bassn View Post
    Nice, Glad to see you hit your goal! I have a long way to go but I'll keep on trying.

    BTW...How do you guys post that strava page?
    I have been training for this ride for weeks...paid off! Also put a new Marzochhi Corsa SL RC which helped ALOT! Love this new fork.

    So, for strava, on the ride page you will see a tab right above map that says share (next to edit)...open up tab and copy paste the embed on blog...paste in body of your message.

  14. #164
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    56
    just got back from a quick ride to kennedy's top and back, saw PMarshall and another rider on their way down!!

    Maybe next week we meet, finally im gonna have 2 following days off of work, so next Wednesday the 9th. i will be there in the evening trying to do to the top in under 33 minutes!
    That is gonna hurt but i will give it a shot!!

    B.C

  15. #165
    PRETENDURO
    Reputation: Leopold Porkstacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,225
    (cross-post)

    I did better last Sunday:

    <iframe height='405' width='590' frameborder='0' allowtransparency='true' scrolling='no' src='http://app.strava.com/runs/2211831/embed/547289c1f9482cc0976c691391cb643b24ed66e1'></iframe>



    But my 2nd fastest time to the top was back in March, on that heavy-assed Surly 1x1 bike with the insanely-fat tires.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

  16. #166
    More Torque
    Reputation: Diesel~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,896
    Quote Originally Posted by ElHombre View Post
    Since this is all about senseless stupid climbing, I think the challenge could be expanded a bit: I propose the 20-40-20 plan: the goal is to hit sub-20 to the tree, sub-40 to the top, then sub-20 on the Dog Meat climb (after you've gone up the rollers and descended Limekiln, of course), in a single ride. I may have to go hide some choice bottles of beer on the summit as reward/carrots for prospective finishers...

    PS Paul, with regards to the Strava segments: in their default map-type it's kind of hard to accurately define the start and end points of the segments because of the limited zoom; in satellite mode you can zoom in more and it works better, but since most people don't know or bother, a lot of segments are ill-defined - mostly by accident.
    First ride on a beater hard tail I built up a few months ago. Pretty sure I nailed the 20-40-20:

    <iframe height='405' width='590' frameborder='0' allowtransparency='true' scrolling='no' src='http://app.strava.com/runs/2214069/embed/af064c7c307aed96263ee2c42a35348c7dff733b'></iframe>

    To make it interesting, I created the 20-40-50-20 plan, which includes this segment:

    <iframe height='405' width='590' frameborder='0' allowtransparency='true' scrolling='no' src='http://app.strava.com/segments/815712/embed'></iframe>

    Whomever mentioned the tractor action on Dogmeat was right. Pretty soft in a number of spots, though the recent rains helped.

    Have fun out there.

    -D

  17. #167
    rox
    rox is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,093
    holy crap nice job diesel. and way to go squashyo for setting a goal and reaching it. whats next?

  18. #168
    VRC Illuminati
    Reputation: Rumpfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    17,384
    Quote Originally Posted by squashyo View Post
    Booyah!

    Nice! You got close to clipping the 20 too.
    -eric-

    http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

  19. #169
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pmarshall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,858

    MY best time up on Kennedy ever!

    <iframe height='405' width='590' frameborder='0' allowtransparency='true' scrolling='no' src='http://app.strava.com/runs/2214473/embed/e994d6e54fe673ad34c9d7959e6d69c705f22a50'></iframe>
    They never made the "Slowster"

  20. #170
    mtbr member
    Reputation: squashyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    4,106
    Holy smokeroonees! Deisel with a monster effort (KOM Dogmeat!!!) Paul, crushed it with a blazing effort on the DH too! Way to go!

    rox: What's next for me? A KOM on my Homemade Pale Ale and a long nap.

  21. #171
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pmarshall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,858
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazilian Climber View Post
    just got back from a quick ride to kennedy's top and back, saw PMarshall and another rider on their way down!!

    Maybe next week we meet, finally im gonna have 2 following days off of work, so next Wednesday the 9th. i will be there in the evening trying to do to the top in under 33 minutes!
    That is gonna hurt but i will give it a shot!!

    B.C
    Hey Darcio! Thought the face looked familiar as I rode down the trail at 15mph! I had music in my ears which I never do and it was glorious! Nothing like good music to spur me on.
    They never made the "Slowster"

  22. #172
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ancient rascal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    (cross-post)

    I did better last Sunday:

    <iframe height='405' width='590' frameborder='0' allowtransparency='true' scrolling='no' src='http://app.strava.com/runs/2211831/embed/547289c1f9482cc0976c691391cb643b24ed66e1'></iframe>



    But my 2nd fastest time to the top was back in March, on that heavy-assed Surly 1x1 bike with the insanely-fat tires.
    Not so much a fail. You just lost a round but gained strength is all. Let's go clip the sub 20 Sunday....if it doesn't
    rain too much late Saturday. Doing an aquarium job tamale but I am giving myself a beating Sunday !
    Still searching for my red headed hairdresser Tiffany. "Economic Mother Nature" ... Knocks at door! -AR

  23. #173
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pmarshall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,858
    So on my ride today, I kept it in the middle ring (32) and 30 in the back. Was harder on the steep stuff but I can honestly say this experience was easier than my last attempt to just the tree alone. I was able to keep my HR down and I didn't gas out and expire from a lack of respiration! Also and most importantly, no hero dirt (hate that term) was found anywhere. I did find sl%t dirt all over the place. I knew there might be a chance of catching something and I would have to clean off before coming home. Everybody sees sl%t dirt and wants to ride. It is sticky, wet and satisfies your inner most cravings. Not as dirty as wh*re dirt but close. There is also stripper dirt but that leaves glitter all over you and you have to explain yourself when you get home. Just trying to help the cause.

    Paul

    sl%t = a person (non gender specific) that gets around.
    Last edited by pmarshall; 11-04-2011 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Pre-strike before mods freak out!
    They never made the "Slowster"

  24. #174
    PRETENDURO
    Reputation: Leopold Porkstacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,225
    Jeez guys, nice uphill sprints today!

    Oh, and I don’t have the “luxury” of a middle ring on the Mensocycle, it only has a 32 tooth chainring up front, and an 11-34 in back. So I am dutifully cranking away up those hills, I just think I am not as fit as I used to be or something… or it was those Dutch beers I drank (should have had the Belgians instead). LOL, J.L. joke.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

  25. #175
    ebnash
    Guest
    Damn, you guys are are killing it out there. I never made it back out this week after my Monday attempt. Working out brake issues on the light bike. Hopefully I can i get this sub 40:00 knocked out sometime next week....

  26. #176
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ElHombre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    668
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel~ View Post
    First ride on a beater hard tail I built up a few months ago. Pretty sure I nailed the 20-40-20:
    -D
    Congratulations! You nailed it indeed and that looked like quite a herculean effort - never tought the 20-40-20 would fall so quickly. Next time don't take breaks on the summits and go for Francois' Lollipop KOM (Kennedy 3 Walls Powerpoles Dogmeat), aka the Meat Grinder.

    And I am now in mourning for my cherished Dog Meat KOM... not much hope getting it back with the amount of time you cut off of it.

  27. #177
    More Torque
    Reputation: Diesel~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,896
    Quote Originally Posted by ElHombre View Post
    Congratulations! You nailed it indeed and that looked like quite a herculean effort - never tought the 20-40-20 would fall so quickly. Next time don't take breaks on the summits and go for Francois' Lollipop KOM (Kennedy 3 Walls Powerpoles Dogmeat), aka the Meat Grinder.

    And I am now in mourning for my cherished Dog Meat KOM... not much hope getting it back with the amount of time you cut off of it.
    Hahaha. Thanks. Funny you mention the break. At the top of Woods, I was so tempted to just keep going on down toward quicksilver and home. I sat there for a minute, thought of you, with your holloween wig, pointing a finger, saying "Don't Do IT!". After thinking it over, I turned around and headed back for dogmeat. I could not believe how F'n cold it was as you got closer to Umunhum. I normally run really hot, and I had to put on ear warmers, arm warmers, knee warmers and a vest, just to make it from Woods to the bottom of dogmeat.

    I was tempted by the meat grinder, though I really wanted to establish the "50" segment, in case no one else had done so. That's a pretty sustained effort.

    Thanks for throwing down the gauntlet with the 20-40-20; it inspired me to get out there and give it a go.

    -D

  28. #178
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ancient rascal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    Jeez guys, nice uphill sprints today!

    Oh, and I don’t have the “luxury” of a middle ring on the Mensocycle, it only has a 32 tooth chainring up front, and an 11-34 in back. So I am dutifully cranking away up those hills, I just think I am not as fit as I used to be or something… or it was those Dutch beers I drank (should have had the Belgians instead). LOL, J.L. joke.
    LP...You have something many including myself.....wish they had ....a sub 40 ! Good thing you did all that climbing on the SS. What is your hurry? Your in already.... the rest is gravy !
    Still searching for my red headed hairdresser Tiffany. "Economic Mother Nature" ... Knocks at door! -AR

  29. #179
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pmarshall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,858
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    Jeez guys, nice uphill sprints today!

    Oh, and I don’t have the “luxury” of a middle ring on the Mensocycle, it only has a 32 tooth chainring up front, and an 11-34 in back. So I am dutifully cranking away up those hills, I just think I am not as fit as I used to be or something… or it was those Dutch beers I drank (should have had the Belgians instead). LOL, J.L. joke.
    Try it the way I did since I know you have the leg power. I used only my middle ring (same as you have) and the 30 cog in the back.The hardest part is to squash the idea that you can change gears to make it easier. I just told myself, "Don't do it wuss." That helped a lot. I feels slower because I don't pay attention to MPH or anything but your getting so much farther every pedal stroke. My breathing wasn't as labored either. I was totally shocked when I uploaded to find my time. I actually thought when I reached the top that I was right at 38 and change. What a nice surprise I tell ya! I also made myself start a bit slower at the beginning and not blow out on the first climb. I might have finally figured out my own formula for success on this trail. It is about friggin time too. I had my bike weighed too just to see. 22.9 lbs. The new tires are heavier but much more cushy on the downhill.
    They never made the "Slowster"

  30. #180
    Hipster
    Reputation: mboldt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    326

    I'm in!!

    19:45 to the tree and 36:16 to the top! Please.. no more challenges. I want to rest! haha


  31. #181
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Ygduf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    28
    bleh. 20+ to the tree and 37:17 to the top.

    Bike Ride Profile | 19 miles near Los Gatos | Times and Records | Strava

    I need more practice on dirt. I lost tons of time on the flats/downhill sections. Also need to learn how to stand on the dirt and not just spin the back wheel.

  32. #182
    roadie
    Reputation: modbog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    745
    Quote Originally Posted by mboldt View Post
    19:45 to the tree and 36:16 to the top! Please.. no more challenges. I want to rest! haha

    excellent!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ygduf View Post
    bleh. 20+ to the tree and 37:17 to the top.

    Bike Ride Profile | 19 miles near Los Gatos | Times and Records | Strava

    I need more practice on dirt. I lost tons of time on the flats/downhill sections. Also need to learn how to stand on the dirt and not just spin the back wheel.
    Brooks friggin killed it. 18-33. wtf! and the first couple minutes of the climb he hung back with me. probably would have gone 17 something.

  33. #183
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ElHombre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    668
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel~ View Post

    I was tempted by the meat grinder, though I really wanted to establish the "50" segment, in case no one else had done so. That's a pretty sustained effort.

    Thanks for throwing down the gauntlet with the 20-40-20; it inspired me to get out there and give it a go.

    -D
    Have to give your '50' segment a go some time; a nice one indeed, there aren't too many 3000ft dirt climbs around here.

  34. #184
    Hipster
    Reputation: mboldt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    326
    I saw that on strava. Knocked me from #9 to #10! I don't feel too bad-- I looked at his Strava stats and he rides ALOT!
    Brooks friggin killed it. 18-33. wtf! and the first couple minutes of the climb he hung back with me. probably would have gone 17 something.

  35. #185
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ElHombre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    668
    Quote Originally Posted by mboldt View Post
    19:45 to the tree and 36:16 to the top! Please.. no more challenges. I want to rest! haha

    Well done! But there's still the Meat Grinder, and the 20-40-20 challenge (or 20-40-50-20 challenge, as per Diesel~, adding a short out and back section to the top of Woods trail)... you can rest later

  36. #186
    PRETENDURO
    Reputation: Leopold Porkstacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,225
    I’m back out there tomorrow morning for more pain… this time 32x22 singlespeed. All I have to do is get the sub-20 time to the tree, have already gotten the sub-40 to the top… although to the tree is more than 1/2 the distance to the top.

    I hope there is hero dirt/mud waiting for me.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

  37. #187
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pmarshall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,858
    Quote Originally Posted by Ygduf View Post
    bleh. 20+ to the tree and 37:17 to the top.

    Bike Ride Profile | 19 miles near Los Gatos | Times and Records | Strava

    I need more practice on dirt. I lost tons of time on the flats/downhill sections. Also need to learn how to stand on the dirt and not just spin the back wheel.
    Those are good times! I am sure you'd spank us on a road climb but I might take you on the descent
    Last edited by pmarshall; 11-05-2011 at 10:25 PM. Reason: spelling
    They never made the "Slowster"

  38. #188
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Ygduf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    Those are good times! I am sure you'd spank us on a road climb but I might take you on the descent
    I'm alright on some road descents, crappy on others. Shattered my collarbone last January and while body is mostly mended the mental scars are there.

    Climbing though, I like. I need more time on the MTB. I think I'm up to 8-9 hours now, total. Give me 2-3 years and I'll try again. Fell on my ass and had to hike-a-bike to get the <40.

  39. #189
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pmarshall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,858
    I hear you on that. Some roads take me forever to figure out and sometimes cornering never feels "right". Then some roads it feels like you paved the dam thing yourself and know every bump and how to take small increments of time out. Since it sounds like you not to familiar with Kennedy trail, that makes it more impressive. Well, safe riding out there road or dirt.

    Paul
    They never made the "Slowster"

  40. #190
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ancient rascal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    I’m back out there tomorrow morning for more pain… this time 32x22 singlespeed. All I have to do is get the sub-20 time to the tree, have already gotten the sub-40 to the top… although to the tree is more than 1/2 the distance to the top.

    I hope there is hero dirt/mud waiting for me.
    Let us know how it goes with "Tractor vrs. Mensocycle" to the tree ... round # 1 ?
    Still searching for my red headed hairdresser Tiffany. "Economic Mother Nature" ... Knocks at door! -AR

  41. #191
    PRETENDURO
    Reputation: Leopold Porkstacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,225
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient rascal View Post
    Let us know how it goes with "Tractor vrs. Mensocycle" to the tree ... round # 1 ?
    Nicht so gut. Felt faster than it really was… however it was pretty darn fast considering the heavy beast of a bike. Didn’t break 20, didn’t break 40. Going to try again Friday morning, rain or shine.

    Oh, and Bogdan says he’s got a cool video of our ride this morning (up until the 14 minute mark) from his GoPro. Cannot wait to see my fail in HD!
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

  42. #192
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ancient rascal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    Nicht so gut. Felt faster than it really was… however it was pretty darn fast considering the heavy beast of a bike. Didn’t break 20, didn’t break 40. Going to try again Friday morning, rain or shine.

    Oh, and Bogdan says he’s got a cool video of our ride this morning (up until the 14 minute mark) from his GoPro. Cannot wait to see my fail in HD!
    If I go snip off the sub 20 before you ..... we still buds right ? .....
    Still searching for my red headed hairdresser Tiffany. "Economic Mother Nature" ... Knocks at door! -AR

  43. #193
    roadie
    Reputation: modbog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    745
    nien! nien! nien! nien!

    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/76ez2k8lZrk?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

    next video: punking desperate los gatos housewives on the kennedy descent

  44. #194
    Hipster
    Reputation: mboldt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    326
    Don't forget to throw in an "All of Skeggs" ride the weekend before for that extra leg power boost I really do think that helped us put in these efforts this week.

    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    Try it the way I did since I know you have the leg power. I used only my middle ring (same as you have) and the 30 cog in the back.The hardest part is to squash the idea that you can change gears to make it easier. I just told myself, "Don't do it wuss." That helped a lot. I feels slower because I don't pay attention to MPH or anything but your getting so much farther every pedal stroke. My breathing wasn't as labored either. I was totally shocked when I uploaded to find my time. I actually thought when I reached the top that I was right at 38 and change. What a nice surprise I tell ya! I also made myself start a bit slower at the beginning and not blow out on the first climb. I might have finally figured out my own formula for success on this trail. It is about friggin time too. I had my bike weighed too just to see. 22.9 lbs. The new tires are heavier but much more cushy on the downhill.

  45. #195
    PRETENDURO
    Reputation: Leopold Porkstacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,225
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient rascal View Post
    If I go snip off the sub 20 before you ..... we still buds right ? .....
    After all vertical footies we’ve been through? But of course!
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

  46. #196
    PRETENDURO
    Reputation: Leopold Porkstacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,225
    Nice video, Bogdan. Thanks for sharing it!
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

  47. #197
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ancient rascal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,602
    Quote Originally Posted by modbog View Post
    nien! nien! nien! nien!

    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/76ez2k8lZrk?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

    next video: punking desperate los gatos housewives on the kennedy descent
    That trail...I mean road and rider ..... look vaguely familiar. Next time LP ! Great dirt/weather on Kennedy till late Thursday.
    Still searching for my red headed hairdresser Tiffany. "Economic Mother Nature" ... Knocks at door! -AR

  48. #198
    fc
    fc is offline
    mtbr founder Administrator
    Reputation: fc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    23,312
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient rascal View Post
    That trail...I mean road and rider ..... look vaguely familiar. Next time LP ! Great dirt/weather on Kennedy till late Thursday.

    As awful as that climb is, it's actually a lot more eventful and entertaining than the descent.

    I'm always worried about rangers and stupid 15mph limit. Have there been any ranger sightings going down Kennedy this year??

    fc

  49. #199
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ancient rascal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,602
    Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    As awful as that climb is, it's actually a lot more eventful and entertaining than the descent.

    I'm always worried about rangers and stupid 15mph limit. Have there been any ranger sightings going down Kennedy this year??

    fc
    It's worth worrying about as they can be several hundred dollars. Maybe fewer sightings because we have all been so law abiding in 2011. Once they are staked out with radar and a rider passes by them going up......they are pretty much out of business for a half hour or more.
    Last edited by ancient rascal; 11-07-2011 at 02:05 PM.
    Still searching for my red headed hairdresser Tiffany. "Economic Mother Nature" ... Knocks at door! -AR

  50. #200
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Smilerz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    518
    Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    As awful as that climb is, it's actually a lot more eventful and entertaining than the descent.

    I'm always worried about rangers and stupid 15mph limit. Have there been any ranger sightings going down Kennedy this year??

    fc
    Yes fc I was coming down on Saturday around 4pm, and right at the tree the ranger was just arriving in his truck. I was lucky because he was still driving and didn't have his radar gun out. I doubt if I was going 15 at the time because I am not a fan of that downhill. He was still driving so I'm not sure where he was going to stop and get out.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Your Club
    By siklista_com in forum Ellsworth
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-23-2009, 10:35 AM
  2. new club building club/agency relationships
    By formica in forum Trail Building and Advocacy
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-12-2006, 07:06 PM
  3. 700 Club
    By Call_me_Clyde in forum Passion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-20-2005, 10:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •