Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by yohyat View Post
    Those tires look fun to ride
    Those boys are super light...even slightly under claimed weight. I heard they don't leave the factory if they are over at all. I used them for only 3 or 4 weeks last year but they had pretty good grip. Not a whole lot to them and not cushy enough for my rigid for everyday use.
    You became weak loafing around in that big girly gear! -Soares

Hipster
    Felt too demoralized not breaking the 20 minute barrier. When I do clear it I will do the lollipop loop

Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    Oh, it's going to be that way huh.... Climb to the tree then go home...

fc

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    Oh, it's going to be that way huh.... Climb to the tree then go home...

fc
    Quote Originally Posted by mboldt View Post
    Felt too demoralized not breaking the 20 minute barrier. When I do clear it I will do the lollipop loop
    You just did the pro stock bike drag race to the tree eh ? It's all good !

mtbr member
    Ran into pmarshall and brazilian climber on the trai today. Congrats to both are in order. pmarshall got the sub 20 and B. climber gets the 20/40 combo......on accident. Does it still count if he is not racing/trying for it ? I have good news on my run also. My lungs finally stopped hurting before I got home to Santa Clara. "It's on" will no longer be in my vocabulary. 20 and 40 under club !-1019111327a.jpg

mtbr member

I made it I swear!

I did make it today but Strava has me at 37 mins for the ride up. Sure felt faster than that! Ok so the problem is the Strava segment goes about 50 feet past the tree. I started my watch right at the Kennedy gate and stopped my watch when I actually touched the tree with my arm. I had a stopwatch time of 19:50. My previous best time was 21:48 to the tree on Strava. I pretty much gave it my all and gassed out at the tree. Thinking back, I should have kept going but was excited to see I beat the 20 mins and figured I earned my rest time rolling around in the dirt. Who is next to tame this biatch! Your an uber stud if you can do both on the same ride.
    They never made the "Slowster"

mtbr member
    Ancient Rascal- I forgot to put this in my previous post. Nice talking to you and Brazilian Climber today. I now wish I would have kept going and taken some time to recover continuing on the way up. I will leave that for the next ride. I told you that I was glad you started this quest but now I think I hate you! That was freakn' hard man! I started really fast and paid for it about half way to the tree. I did concentrate on every section that was not to steep to gear down and push with my birdie legs to keep pumping. I had my vital signs checked by a nurse the other day and had a heart rate of 40bpm. My true resting HR is actually a bit lower. Doesn't mean a thing because I am still a wuss. I checked my HR monitor after today's effort and hit a max of 195!! I am not sure how I am not dead yet. Either it will go to low and I will quietly pass away, or I will die on Kennedy in a sweat heap of a mess. Either way, I will make good Mt. Lion food. Hope you get the magical sub 20 soon. Brazilian Climber is super fast.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    Ancient Rascal- I forgot to put this in my previous post. Nice talking to you and Brazilian Climber today. I now wish I would have kept going and taken some time to recover continuing on the way up. I will leave that for the next ride. I told you that I was glad you started this quest but now I think I hate you! That was freakn' hard man! I started really fast and paid for it about half way to the tree. I did concentrate on every section that was not to steep to gear down and push with my birdie legs to keep pumping. I had my vital signs checked by a nurse the other day and had a heart rate of 40bpm. My true resting HR is actually a bit lower. Doesn't mean a thing because I am still a wuss. I checked my HR monitor after today's effort and hit a max of 195!! I am not sure how I am not dead yet. Either it will go to low and I will quietly pass away, or I will die on Kennedy in a sweat heap of a mess. Either way, I will make good Mt. Lion food. Hope you get the magical sub 20 soon. Brazilian Climber is super fast.
    Thanks man ! Great to see the both of you for a nice long B.S. session. That damn tree run is worse than going to the top. Pure torture. Gonna be a long time before I get it. I need 10% + to get there. I can't believe how tired I feel from such a short ride. Round # 1 goes to the oak tree. I have said for many years....I am gonna die trying to make the face as I used to call dogmeat. Crap now.....maybe it will be the other side trying for a 20/40. I am on it again next week. You broke some records and some folks's PR's. Dude.....That's messed up ! I'm sure glad I didn't do that....wink wink !

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    20 to the tree? That's a tough one. Note that the Potty to Tree Strava segment actually ends at the right turn well past the tree, as Paul learned to his chagrin.

I think 22 minutes to the tree is an awesome achievement and should get you at the top in under 40. If you ride only to the tree as Marco did you can go a faster, but 10% faster is unlikely.
    Also known as Menso's dad.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I did make it today but Strava has me at 37 mins for the ride up. Sure felt faster than that! Ok so the problem is the Strava segment goes about 50 feet past the tree. I started my watch right at the Kennedy gate and stopped my watch when I actually touched the tree with my arm. I had a stopwatch time of 19:50. My previous best time was 21:48 to the tree on Strava. I pretty much gave it my all and gassed out at the tree. Thinking back, I should have kept going but was excited to see I beat the 20 mins and figured I earned my rest time rolling around in the dirt. Who is next to tame this biatch! Your an uber stud if you can do both on the same ride.

Strava or it didn't happen!!!! lol Just kidding good job Paul, I'm going to have to put the gears back on my bike in order to take this one down it's not going to happen on the SS.

Chris

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WaitWienie View Post
    Strava or it didn't happen!!!! lol Just kidding good job Paul, I'm going to have to put the gears back on my bike in order to take this one down it's not going to happen on the SS.

Chris
    Take er down a notch. I am gonna try @ 1.68 to one. 32x19 will work for a 26er. You need a few more rear or a few less crank teeth eh?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WaitWienie View Post

Chris
    Yeah the SS will be hard. Your going to easily accomplish this the first time. Nice KOM at the Gap dude. After I do a ride like this I can't imagine how to go as fast as some of you guys. Go do it.

mtbr member
    Please add the 11 to 15 seconds on to your time to officially register your run.! Thank you ! -AR

swag ho Administrator
    Nice job folks!!!

fc

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumpfy View Post
    Since I started using Strava, 28:13 to the tree, 49:28 to the top. I have a sub 44 PR from a Kings of Kennedy from a few years ago.

I gots work to do.
    I'm in ur boat rumpfy. All you need is the 10 % off your 44 PR and the same on my 22.18 and were both in. Before 2012 ? ..... But......I need show up at the Turkey day ride with at least....... something !

rox
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    after you guys achieve your 20 and 40 under on kennedy we can start an under 30 club up stanford side at mission peak

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rox View Post
    after you guys achieve your 20 and 40 under on kennedy we can start an under 30 club up stanford side at mission peak
    Spark that thread up ! Some have done my easy peasy deal already.

Hipster
    Can we make it an under 31 club so I can rest?

mtbr member
    There is also El Sereno across the town. Under 30 looks about right...Marshal...you are right there at 30 something.

Mountain Bike Ride Profile | El Sereno (Mojo) Los Gatos, CA near Los Gatos | Times and Records | Strava

mtbr member
    Dang....Mission Peak....New home of the Roasted pig.......Ronnie and the Mission peak / Reservoir dogs will chime in on that. They sure don't want that 20/40 nonsense ..... eh ?
    Last edited by ancient rascal; 10-20-2011 at 04:07 PM.

mtbr member
    HEY...where's that Jill McLaughlin character...looks like she only needs to cover 29 seconds to join the club.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    To join you have to climb it at night and your bike has to weigh at least 30 pounds.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by D1PHAM View Post
    To join you have to climb it at night and your bike has to weigh at least 30 pounds.
    Post it then.....Rules and all...I'll just send B.C.'er over there.
    Please send a rep over to do ....... maybe the under 40 part eh ?
    Last edited by ancient rascal; 10-20-2011 at 03:08 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient rascal View Post
    Please add the 11 to 15 seconds on to your time to officially register your run.! Thank you ! -AR
    NO NO NO sir! I did some checking and went off my speed and heart rate data. I was at 13mph when I hit the tree and that was at 19:46 according to Garmin. So if I kept going 13mph it would have only taken me 5 seconds to reach the end of the segment. 19:51 sounds good to me. Thank you very much

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by squashyo View Post
    There is also El Sereno across the town. Under 30 looks about right...Marshal...you are right there at 30 something.

Mountain Bike Ride Profile | El Sereno (Mojo) Los Gatos, CA near Los Gatos | Times and Records | Strava
    I could make this one since my last time up I didn't go as fast as I could have. Now the under 30 up mission peak is out of my reach. Why are we doing this again? Oh yeah for personal glory that nobody cares about. Does it stop me from participating? Hell no because I am an attention whore.

mtbr member
    NO NO NO sir! I did some checking and went off my speed and heart rate data. I was at 13mph when I hit the tree and that was at 19:46 according to Garmin. So if I kept going 13mph it would have only taken me 5 seconds to reach the end of the segment. 19:51 sounds good to me. Thank you very much
    I was totally messing with you of course...... I am a kidder you know ! I suppose you noticed the 11 seconds I wanted added would put you in @ 20.01 making a non sub 20. So you are first to go sub twenty on this thread and Brazilian climber is first 20/40 combo. fair enough eh ?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast