mtbr member
    Apr 2006

15 year "dry streak" boken at Priairie City Race today (cancelled!)

Well, so much for our posted policy races are run "rain or shine"... I have now added "mud" as a cancelletion... for the first time in 15 years.

Posted is the cover page of the the mud race of 2007 and today was much worse than that.

I pondered sending Asa out on the cone bike to try to set up a course but even in my 4WD truck just a half mile down the gravel road it was apparent there would be no racing today... we would need at least 12 to 15 hours for things to dry out.

Sorry you mudders out there, but it was not even survivable today.... and of course at race time there was barely a cloud in the sky!

Cheers,

B
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 15 year "dry streak" boken at Priairie City Race today (cancelled!)-041107comboc.jpg  

Best racing series in the West!
    http://www.bicyclingevents.com
    Helmet cam reviews
    http://www.helmetcamreview.com

mtb'er
    The parts/service departments of the bike shops aren't happy with this, but I am

So... push everything back a week (other than Hangtown)?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Empty_Beer
    The parts/service departments of the bike shops aren't happy with this, but I am

So... push everything back a week (other than Hangtown)?
    Everything will stay on sched, except we may move the team competition back one week, it depends if the park service will allow an extra wed on the permit... of course that would take the BBQ and Awards into the 4th of July week, which I've tried to avoid...

Stay tuned, check the website for any changes.

B
    Best racing series in the West!
    http://www.bicyclingevents.com
    Helmet cam reviews
    http://www.helmetcamreview.com

mtbr member
    Its been a sad evening in our household. We were mentally and physically prepared for the mudfest. My wife even figured out how to change the gear on her SS so she could race that instead of her geared bike (with lots of phone calls to me at work for instructions). With all of the mud local mtn bike racers have seen over the past year, (Coolest24, Cool Mtn Bike Race, NVDC, Boggs, assorted TBF events) whats one more mudfest?
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

mtbr member
    Funny...I was thinking the same thing as your wife. I threw my SS, a cog with fewer teeth, and tools into the car this morning. I was planning on changing my SS gearing when I got to Prairie City this evening 'cause I didn't want to kill my geared drivetrain.

asa
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Even Single Speeds would not have survived this. Those of you who know me, know that I will race in anything. We couldn't even get the 4X truck through this mud. The Cone bike would not have made it around the course. This was the kind of stuff that would stop your tires dead in your stays within half a lap. Trust me. You did NOT want to ride out there today.

mtbr member
    I remember the 2007 mud-bog-a-thon. I still have some dried mud in the speaker grills in my car
    :wq

mtbr member
    I was actually happy not to race in that PC snot! Worked out pretty good because GB was awesome last night. The conditions are perfect and the trails were wide open with few people out.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by asa
    Even Single Speeds would not have survived this. Those of you who know me, know that I will race in anything. We couldn't even get the 4X truck through this mud. The Cone bike would not have made it around the course. This was the kind of stuff that would stop your tires dead in your stays within half a lap. Trust me. You did NOT want to ride out there today.
    Don't worry. We know you would've *loved* to set up a course if it was at all possible (and probably would've relished it, had it been do-able). SS was just the plan if the race was a go.