mtbr member

12 Hours of Weaverville

12 HOURS OF WEAVERVILLE, SATURDAY MAY 23, 8AM TO 8PM

Go here for info: http://teambigfoot.net/12HofWV09.htm
    Go here to enter on-line: http://www.bikereg.com/events/register.asp?eventid=8339
    Go here for some race reports & comments: Weaverville Stories...

This one is a favorite of many. The course is one of the most fun and rewarding around. Last year it was cold and rainy, and we're proud of all who stuck it out. The year before it was hot and dry....and we're proud of all who stuck it out. Maybe this year the weather will average out? Let's hope!

THE VENUE: We use the local high school as one of the most convenient race sites ever. Real bathrooms, hot showers, paved parking and in-town convenience. Heck, we even send out for deli sandwiches at lunch time!

FORMAT: We run the race from 8am to 8pm, so you don't need lights. Heck, it doesn't get dark until after 9pm!
    Only laps completed by 8pm count. Come it at 8:00:01 and you've just done a practice lap.

THE COURSE: It's a fun one, all in the Weaverville Basin Trail System. It's 8.9 miles per lap with about 1600' of climbing. From Trinity High School the course exits the back of the school, then racers do a 3 mile climb up Weaver Bolly road--a wide dirt road. At the top the course veers onto1 mile or so of rough, downhill Jeeptrack, then becomes singletrack....much of the singletrack is made up of flume trails dug by hand during the gold-rush era of the 1850's. Fun stuff! It's a swooping, sweeping, flowing roller-coaster of ride! and remains mostly singletrack until it joins back onto Weaver Bolly. Then it's back down Weaver Bolly, through the high school and the start/finish line.

CATEGORIES: We offer a complete selection of categories for solos or teams of 2, 3 or 4 riders: Beginner, Sport, Expert, Pro, Male Jr (age17& under), Master (age 40+), Super Master (age 50+), Super Duper Master (age 60+), Women Jr.(age 17& under), Women Beginner, Women Sport, Women Expert/Pro 13, Mixed (at least one woman), Clydesdale (each rider 200lb+), Tandem,Unicycle, Singlespeed Male, Singlespeed Female

CAMPING: East Weaver Campground is about 3 miles from the race venue. From Weaverville take Highway 3, just past the Weaverville Airport and turn left on East Weaver Rd., go 1 mile to the campground. Daily fee is $10 per site.There's another campground at Junction City, 8 miles west on Hwy299, and another at Rush Creek about 6 miles out Highway 3. Rush Creek has no water, but it's only $7. Or 7 miles weast of Weaverville off Highway 299 to Steiner Flat Road is Douglas City with 18 tent/trailer campsites, group picnic area, picnic tables, telephone, beach, paved loop road, flush and vault toilets, potable water, and fire rings. $10.00 per vehicle, per night.

LODGING: Motel Trinity 1112 Main St., (530) 623-2129

WEAVERVILLE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: (530) 623-2907 www.weavervillechamber.org

TEAM BIGFOOT GIVE$ BACK: Each year for seven year history of the 12 Hours of Weaverville, Team Bigfoot has donated a portion of the event's proceeds to the Weaver Basin Trail System Fund to help with trail maintenance, signage, map printing, etc. Our total donation so far is over $4000.

THE SOLO CUP: The series is back, with championships up for grabs in all solo categories! The format is simple, we add up your miles from any of the races listed below and then award series championship trophies in every category at the Whiskeytown 9 to 5 in October.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bigfoot; 04-21-2009 at 05:47 PM.

jms
    mtbr member

Great event

It's a great event! I'll be there! But Vic, can you get the weather right this year? Puhleeeezzze?!?!?!?

mtbr member

You know how eskimos supposedly have all these names

Quote Originally Posted by jms
    It's a great event! I'll be there! But Vic, can you get the weather right this year? Puhleeeezzze?!?!?!?
    You know how eskimos supposedly have lots of names for different kinds of snow? Last year I passed the time by thinking of names for the different kinds of mud I rode through: fudge, dog sh!t, chocolate pudding, diarhea, gravy, chocolate milk...
    Last edited by Zignzag; 04-21-2009 at 05:36 PM.
    Tequila is a pallid flame that passes through walls and soars over tile roofs to allay despair. A. Mutis

aka dan51
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot
    THE COURSE: It's a fun one, all in the Weaverville Basin Trail System. It's 117 miles per lap with about 1600' of climbing.
    117 miles per lap! Not sure I'd be able to get even one lap done. I like the climb to miles ratio though

mtbr member

Law of averages....

If there's any validity to the law of averages when you add scorching-hot to cold-rainy and divide by two, we should get cool-overcast. Let's hope!

Bigfoot

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Hey Vic.
    If I race Sport in XC but have never done an eight hour, is it better to sign up for beginner solo?

mtbr member

That depends....

Quote Originally Posted by gmky
    Hey Vic.
    If I race Sport in XC but have never done an eight hour, is it better to sign up for beginner solo?
    If you're only going to for eight hours, then beginner , since this is a 12 hour.

Seriously though, it's up to you. Two things though, 1. If you're going to do more in the Solo Cup Series you'll want to choose a class and stay there. 2. If you win beginner by a big margin the "cherry picker" moniker might stick !

But either way, do come out. The course is soooo much fun!

Bigfoot

-
    Hmm....

Might sign up for 2-person team.
    -ROXY

jms
    mtbr member

Lycra Clad Lawn Darts

I can't emphasize enough what a great weekend of events this is: Saturday's the 12hr race, and for the lycra clad lawn dart types, on Sunday, Bigfoot's got GREAT Super D and Downhill events. if I recall correctly, the Weaverville Super D and Downhill are some of the longer courses in the state. The portion of the singletrack descending @ the creek is really FUN, and I think that's part of the DH and Super D too.
    I think Menso De Jong won the unofficial "Omnium two years ago doing, the 12hr solo, Super D, and Downhill on a rigid SS [Access Alu hardtail]. Maybe Vic would be willing to do something official @ that this year?
    Weaverville's a great little town with a good coffee place [Red House?], a fun little downtown with a cool theatre, good restaurants, and the East Weaver campground is really nice. I think whole weekend @ Weaverville is one of the woefully under-appreciated little gems in mountain bike racing. The courses, scenery, cost, etc. rival ANYTHING in the state. I'm sure looking forward to it. Yeah it's a bit of a drive [I live in SLO], but it's soooooo worth it. Wheeeeeeeeee!!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Man, I would love to be called a Cherry Picker or Sand Bagger. But mid pack finishers never get called out. And I though maybe I would take a 4 hour nap midway. Thanks, I'll have to decide by race day.

mtbr member

The course is in great shape!

I raced the Lemurian on Saturday and did the Chico Wildflower Century on Sunday, then on our way back to the coast Mrs. Bigfoot, Mac the wonder dog and I spent a night in Weaverville. Tired legs or not that next morning I couldn't pass up taking a lap of the 12 HofW course (at Mrs. Bigfoot speed) and I'm happy to report that all is well with the course.

The smooth groove that got worn in during last year's wet race is still there! Recent rains have left it looking great.

Looks like it should be another epic edition

Bigfoot
    Last edited by Bigfoot; 04-28-2009 at 10:10 AM.

NedwannaB

Nice.....

The smooth grove that got worn in during last year's wet race is still there! Recent rains have left it looking great.

Looks like it should be another epic edition

Bigfoot
    ....keep looking at this event....very enticing, SSpecially with jms's narrative...maybe this year.

mtbr member

Do it, do it...

Quote Originally Posted by JMac47
    ....keep looking at this event....very enticing, SSpecially with jms's narrative...maybe this year.
    You won't regret it!

Bigfoot

jms
    mtbr member

Actually, you will.

You won't regret it!

Bigfoot
    Actually, you will.....

Sometime @ your fifth lap, it's 2pm, it's 90 degrees in the shade, your hating your bike, the big fire road climb just keeps coming, getting steeper and looser every lap, and you've got 6 MORE hours of this Sh!t to get through. ABOUT that time, that's when you'll really, really, REALLY regret doing this race.
    And in that ugliest, least graceful moment, allllll alone in your misery, you'll turn inward, and it will come to you, a thought, a blinding inspiration that will give you wings for the rest of the day - "KILL VIC [Bigfoot]!" Works for me every time

It's a great race. Hope to see you there

NedwannaB

90 degrees?.....

Actually, you will.....

Sometime @ your fifth lap, it's 2pm, it's 90 degrees in the shade, your hating your bike, the big fire road climb just keeps coming, getting steeper and looser every lap, and you've got 6 MORE hours of this Sh!t to get through. ABOUT that time, that's when you'll really, really, REALLY regret doing this race.
    And in that ugliest, least graceful moment, allllll alone in your misery, you'll turn inward, and it will come to you, a thought, a blinding inspiration that will give you wings for the rest of the day - "KILL VIC [Bigfoot]!" Works for me every time

It's a great race. Hope to see you there
    ......in May? Nah.....you're mess'n with me, right??
    Wait whuuut, who did he tell you that!?!?....

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Get y'er hill climbing boots on. That 3 mile climb is savage, it get's steep right at the end just to spite you. It's especially fun after 3 or 4 laps. Add some rain and you're in for a sweet suffer fest! I did six laps, after 2, I began dreading the climb out.
    Another Fat Bastard on a bike

mtbr member

But what about...

Quote Originally Posted by elennane
    Get y'er hill climbing boots on. That 3 mile climb is savage, it get's steep right at the end just to spite you. It's especially fun after 3 or 4 laps. Add some rain and you're in for a sweet suffer fest! I did six laps, after 2, I began dreading the climb out.
    Granted, the hill isn't a walk in the park. BUT, once you're over the top there's a mile of slight downhill to recover, then the singletrack (oh so sweet!) begins and soon you forget all about the climb.

Really. No, really.

Bigfoot

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Y'er right. The reward is basically downhill single track all the way to the start. 1 Hill, 3 miles, 5 miles downhill.
    Another Fat Bastard on a bike

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I'm thinking about doing this as my first endurance race. Will there still be available campsites if I get there Friday early evening?

asa
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    George and I will be there.

YESBRO!!!
    last year's four inches of peanut butter on top of a glass floor is going to be hard to top!

i'm just hoping for less slop. between that and this year's coolest 24 hour race, i'm down for a dry endurance event.

the hill climb at weaverville isn't that bad at all... in fact i rather enjoyed it.

i kept thinking how fun the DH would be if i could have gotten anything resembling traction.

mtbr member

Possibly....

Quote Originally Posted by tahiti
    I'm thinking about doing this as my first endurance race. Will there still be available campsites if I get there Friday early evening?
    ....but you may end up having to go to Douglas City, 8 miles east, or Junction City, 8 miles west.

Bigfoot

mtbr member

Unchained Solo And Single

We just received a Unicycle Solo entry, and we've had e-mails and phone calls from at least two more.

Looks to be an interesting year for the wackiest subset of endurance racing!

Bigfoot

NedwannaB

They got it easy....

We just received a Unicycle Solo entry,

Bigfoot
    .....only have to spin 1 wheel...... Awesome.
    Wait whuuut, who did he tell you that!?!?....

mtbr member

Weather report is looking good!

Yeah, it's hot in Weaverville right now (Saturday afternoon) but the long-range weather forecast calls for cooler temps later in the week, with low 80's predicted for race day, Saturday May 23. Yay!

After rain last year and hot hot the year before, it looks like it'll average out this year!

Bigfoot

jms
    mtbr member

Third Times A Charm

Temps under 100? Fantastic, I'm soooooo heading there for this race. Having done the flambe thing @ So No Mas last weekend, Weaverville in the 80's sounds grand! I guess, third times a charm.
    Right now, I'm really looking forward to those lush ferns down along the E. Weaver Cr. It's great that it's still spring @ the northern part of the state. So Vic, are the wildflowers still in bloom @ the flume/ ditch singletrack?

So let's see it. Who else is heading north to Weaverville for Memorial Day Weekend? Hope to see you there!

mtbr member

Counting flowers on the trail...

I'm really looking forward to those lush ferns down along the E. Weaver Cr. It's great that it's still spring @ the northern part of the state. So Vic, are the wildflowers still in bloom @ the flume/ ditch singletrack?
    ...that don't bother me at all.

The wildflowers were all like blooming and stuff when I was there on April 27. The sun has been shining a lot since then, so....maybe in the shaded areas.

I'm getting to W'ville tonight to start marking the course tomorrow. It'll all be done by sundown Thursday, including the Super-D and downhill course for Sunday's Gravity Day.

Bigfoot

mtbr member

The Course Is Marked.

It's all done for those of you looking to pre-ride on Friday.

Remember, don't ride through the school until race day. Take Weaver Bolly road (the dirt road below the school) and in about 1/2 mile you'll start seeing yellow "Soulcraft" arrows, follow those. As you get up on top of the mountain you'll eventually see green "downhill" arrows and pink "Super-D" arrows too. Don't worry, you're still on track...part of the Downhll and Super-D course is the same as the 12 Hour course...just keep following the yellow Soulcraft arrows and you can't go wrong.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    It's all done for those of you looking to pre-ride on Friday.

Remember, don't ride through the school until race day. Take Weaver Bolly road (the dirt road below the school) and in about 1/2 mile you'll start seeing yellow "Soulcraft" arrows, follow those. As you get up on top of the mountain you'll eventually see green "downhill" arrows and pink "Super-D" arrows too. Don't worry, you're still on track...part of the Downhll and Super-D course is the same as the 12 Hour course...just keep following the yellow Soulcraft arrows and you can't go wrong.
    Awesome. Registered for solo!

M(uni)=MTB*f(x)/2

Thanks, Vic!

Great time. Wish the heat hadn't crushed my spirit around 3 pm, but I've already forgotten how miserable I felt at that point and just remember the fun! A big thanks as well to all you two-wheelers who put up with my (and my cohorts') one-wheeled efforts.

jms
    mtbr member

As always, the Uni guys were great!

Quote Originally Posted by pkittle
    Great time. Wish the heat hadn't crushed my spirit around 3 pm, but I've already forgotten how miserable I felt at that point and just remember the fun! A big thanks as well to all you two-wheelers who put up with my (and my cohorts') one-wheeled efforts.
    Great job! I can't imagine going 12 feet, let alone for 12 hrs out there on a unicycle I'd think Weaverville has to be the hardest endurance course overall for a Uni. As always, the unicycle guys were great! If I recall correctly, one of you guys did 4 laps out there this year. LOL - like Bigfoot mentioned, there were mtb riders placing with the same or fewer laps.
    Any of the Uni's do the DH this year?

jms
    mtbr member

Weaverville aftermath: 16 waterbottles of mass destruction

Ever see what happens to nearly empty water bottles, left in a warm, confined, damp space, like an Igloo cooler? Yummy! I believe the next pandemic or weapon of mass destruction will inadvertently spring forth from one of these oversized petri dishes.
    I finally got all the way home to SLO and started the clean-up/repair process from the 12 Hrs. of Weaverville. And my last task was to cautiously open the cooler, wrestle the water bottles into submission, and drop them into a bleach/dish soap concoction to soak and disarm them. I've got 16 WMD's [waterbottles of mass destruction] to deal with after racing solo @ Weaverville last weekend. Amazing, I used every last one, and had to refill 2 to get through the race to stay hydrated and keep cool on the climbs. Add 4 pints of chocolate milk, and that's a bit over 3.5 gallons of fluids during the day.
    Of all Bigfoot's endurance races, even without the heat, Weaverville is the hardest and most schizophrenic of the three courses: The main fire road climb begins gently and gradually stair steps into a steep, loose, exposed, half hour plus, 1400 ft., miserable grind to the high point of the course. And suddenly, mercifully, it's over, and then after a shaded flat, to gently downhill bit of fire rd., the course drops into miles of the best, most scenic predominantly downhill single track in the state, on the way back to the start/finish. Every lap, a mix of misery and bliss, love and hate, pleasure and pain, all damn day and into the evening - that's the 12 Hrs of Weaverville.
    I planned on, and gutted out 8 laps in 10:45 in the heat [@ 90 degrees] and humidity. Fortunately, blessedly, I was @15 minutes short of what I needed for an attempt at a 9th lap, and called it good. For you stat types, that's a bit under 93 miles and 14,000 ft of climbing for the day. I used a RX 29 for 5 laps and my Salsa Mamasita for three during the later part of the race.
    During the day, I alternately cursed Bigfoot as the spawn of Satan on the big climb, and laughed my way down the singletrack, thanking him for holding the race, likely at a financial loss. On my third lap, I sucked an incensed yellow jacket into my jersey, and took numerous jabs before I could dispatch the little creep. Entering the scoring area, I asked Vic if my boobs seemed bigger. "No?", he replied. Dang! I just took a 12 in the t!tties, botox injection on the steeps leading to the singletrack. Exiting scoring, at the start of my 8th lap, I asked Vic who else was still out there? "Mike Castaldo [pro] just went out, he's been cramping pretty badly. Ya know, I've been seeing people head over to the showers, come back out refreshed and happy". Thanks Vic, but the voices in my head have voted, and we're in for 8 laps today. We joke that I spend my time during a lap thinking up some snide commentary - he knows me well. LOL, thanks buddy, you keep me going.
    Jared F., SS winner, stopped after his 6th lap [?], strolled into the shower fully dressed, and returned for 2 more laps. More than a few people were stalled for considerable amounts of time, after their 4th - 6th laps with cramps. Late in the day, Bigfoot was handing out watermelon slices @ start/finish - those were exquisite! Oh good times! After the race, I drug my folding chair onto the lawn and collapsed into it, waiting for the rest of the race to bleed out to the 12 hr mark. Wolfed down a couple hot dogs thanks to Tory who manned an aid station and the BBQ grill in the evening. The raffle and awards were a kick as usual, Bigfoot always hands out some great medals, raffle stuff, and my favorite, verbal jabs. By 9:45 pm I was crashed out in my Westy, listening to E.Weaver Cr. rushing downstream just beyond my campsite and replaying the race in my mind.
    On Sunday morning, I made my 9th and 10th, and by far easiest climbs of Weaver Bolly Rd. hauling the Super D and Downhill shuttle monkeys to their starting lines in Bigfoot's uber-veteran, waaaay yellow, 4wd Suburban. Nothing like a 350 cu. in V8 to flatten that b!tch climb. Some people know how to live.Those couple hours were a chance to enjoy the great views of the Trinity Alps, instead of my top tube, bars, and the dirt 3 ft. in front of my bike. Gotta say, the gravity guys are fun to listen to.
    Great stuff.Just another annual slice of life @ Weaverville. Man, I love this race's brutal charms. And to all of you out there supporting, or racing with or against me, great job! And I'll be looking forward to the next one with you.
    Last edited by jms; 05-27-2009 at 04:08 PM.

MSH
    mtbr member
    Ever see what happens to nearly empty water bottles, left in a warm, confined, damp space, like an Igloo cooler? Yummy! I believe the next pandemic or weapon of mass destruction will inadvertently spring forth from one of these oversized petri dishes.
    I finally got all the way home........ Great stuff.Just another annual slice of life @ Weaverville. Man, I love this race's brutal charms. And to all of you out there supporting, or racing with or against me, great job! And I'll be looking forward to the next one with you.
    John, I love reading your detailed race recaps..especially nowadays where I have to live vicariously. Between reading yours and some of the other detailed posts here on MTBR and reading Jeff Kerkove's site I kinda get my fix...well virtual fix anyway.
    Good luck with the rest of the season. I hope to be back at it nxt yr.

MSH

jms
    mtbr member

The Clikapoo-poodia

Quote Originally Posted by MSH
    Good luck with the rest of the season. I hope to be back at it next yr. MSH
    I love your new avatar Mark! I'd have to say, you're doing way better things with your time these days than I am. Congratulations again, to you and Tess

Maybe Bigfoot can start a class for you, Chum, Plim, and all the other new "Enduro Dad's" where you do a lap with the baby in a trailer, stop @ scoring, change a diaper, then go out for another lap, come in and feed the baby, do another lap, etc. We'll call it the "Clikipoo-poodia". Whaddya think?

This year, outside of Bigfoot's stuff, It's the "Cascade Cream Puff" in July, then, "The High Cascades 100" @ Bend in August: single loop,100 miles with 80% singletrack. And maybe the Tahoe Sierra 100.
    It'll be great to have you out there again next year, and I'm sure you'll do well.

mtbr member
    This year, outside of Bigfoot's stuff, It's the "Cascade Cream Puff" in July, then, "The High Cascades 100" @ Bend in August: single loop,100 miles with 80% singletrack. And maybe the Tahoe Sierra 100.
    Is that all? WEAK!

jms
    mtbr member

The Buzzard Maneuver

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Hungus
    Is that all? WEAK!
    I know, I know, I'm a poodle man

It's/I'm weird, for whatever reason, I suffer more doing 2hr. cross-country races than the long range stuff. I'm absolutely pathetic racing XC, as anybody who's needed a laugh can attest to, watching me @ CCCX. A bit less so in the endurance stuff - having perfected the "Buzzard Maneuver": keep circling slowly and wait for everyone else to die.

It's kind of a shame that this might've been the last "12 Hrs. of Weaverville" due to poor attendance. Bigfoot's gotten a number of requests that this be made into an 8 hr race, because it's apparently too intimidating/nasty as a 12 hr. race. There aren't that many 12's/"hundies" in the state, and I think Weaverville is the best of them, so, loosing this one would be a bummer. Weaverville is certainly great prep for the Cream Puff. I'm hoping Vic's "torture gene" get's the better of him and this race remains a 12 hr event again next year.

mtbr member

Got to ponder this one...

I know, I know, I'm a poodle man
    It's kind of a shame that this might've been the last "12 Hrs. of Weaverville" due to poor attendance. Bigfoot's gotten a number of requests that this be made into an 8 hr race, because it's apparently too intimidating/nasty as a 12 hr. race. There aren't that many 12's/"hundies" in the state, and I think Weaverville is the best of them, so, losing this one would be a bummer. Weaverville is certainly great prep for the Cream Puff. I'm hoping Vic's "torture gene" get's the better of him and this race remains a 12 hr event again next year.
    Well JMS, I just paid the last of the bills from this event...and with only 58 riders we pretty much did this one for practice . I've got to seriously consider what to do with this one. It WAS our best attended endurance event in '06 and '07. Like you wrote, some have suggested 8 hours. Maybe in '10 we'll keep the 12 hour, but offer a 6 hour option, 9am to 3pm.

Gotta do something. It's such a great course, I'd hate to drop it entirely.

Anyway, results are up...http://www.teambigfoot.net/12HofWV09Results.htm

Bigfoot

jms
    mtbr member

Must be the tortilla chips

Maybe in '10 we'll keep the 12 hour, but offer a 6 hour option, 9am to 3pm.

Gotta do something. It's such a great course, I'd hate to drop it entirely.

Anyway, results are up...http://www.teambigfoot.net/12HofWV09Results.htm

Bigfoot
    Dang Vic, I'm bummed for you. But. I'm glad "the Beast" made it back over the hill.

Aside from free beer [and I know that's impossible @ that venue], I have no idea what it'll take to get more of the Bay Area/Sonoma "Tough Guys" out for this one. Maybe make those lift tickets from the Kirkwood race part of the season long series swag next year. How about declaring it the "off-road unicycle world championship" race? It must be the lack of tortilla chips in the raffle this time.

I come up from San Luis Obispo, and this is a way easier drive for S.F/Marin and east bay people than it is for me. Thank Gawd for the Sacto/Redding/Arcata crowd, especially the Mad Cat Bikes "Velo Kittens" - those girls were out there hammering away ALL day. The Adventures Edge and Revolution Bike mafias were also well represented as usual.
    Thanks for a great event my friend. As always, it was a well organized, timed, marked, and FUN event!
    Last edited by jms; 05-29-2009 at 06:21 PM.

Uni Psycho Rider
    Jul 2007

more hours not less

Instead of adding a six hour category could you make a 13 hour so I would have enough time to get that 5th lap in. The race was great and I wished I could be out for the downhill but I had to finish the schools yearbook and it was crunch time. Thanks for bringing such a great event and the people that come with it to our wonderful little mountain. Gathered up the last of the signage last night so the course is al natural.

I noticed at the last race there is also a 24 hour race but it's not listed as part of the series. Can the first twelve hours be counted for the series and the second twelve be ridden out of curiosity?
    See you at Humbolt.
    Chris

jms
    mtbr member

The Whiskeytown 9 - 5

Quote Originally Posted by UniPsychoRider
    I
    I noticed at the last race there is also a 24 hour race but it's not listed as part of the series. Can the first twelve hours be counted for the series and the second twelve be ridden out of curiosity?
    See you at Humbolt.
    Chris
    The Whiskeytown 9 - 5 is the silver cup series race [8 hrs], and is run concurrently with the 24 event. Judging by the demeanor of the Uni guys @ the end of the day last year, I think the Whiskeytown course is a bit more "unicycle friendly" [less hostile?] than the Weaverville track.
    Great job out there again!