mtbr member

12 Hours of Humboldt Results and Pics

Results are here: http://www.teambigfoot.net/12hoursof...Resultst09.htm

More photos to come!

Gotta run....we need to have all the course markings and barriers down by noon!

Bigfoot
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Yeah, Humboldt County is way the %#@* up there, but worth it!"

Uni Psycho Rider
    Jul 2007

12 hours of Humboldt rocked

That was the best half day of riding ever. Loved the course, weather and people. Thank you Vic for putting on all these great events in Nor Cal.

mtbr member

You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by UniPsychoRider
    That was the best half day of riding ever. Loved the course, weather and people. Thank you Vic for putting on all these great events in Nor Cal.
    And Chris (aka: UniPsychoRider) provided one of the most entertaining moments of the day....Chris had just ridden down out of the woods on his unicycle and was headed toward the transition area, a police officer was just stepping out of his squad car at that moment, the officer looked up and saw Chris come down and then the officer's gaze followed Chris....the look on the officer's face was priceless....a combination of awe, disbelief, amazement and respect!

Bigfoot

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Thanks Vic,
    My first endurance event. What an awesome place to do it. I'm in pain today, but that was hell of a great time.

For me, these pictures captured the day.

Alone with the hills

Bombing sweet singletrack

Link to blog posting. Long and boring version

Fat Tire Fatty
    Oct 2006

More pics

Here are some of my pics from the race...most of the rest can be found here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2963083...7622002335973/

SER_5440.jpg

SER_5449.jpg

SER_5515.jpg

SER_5494.jpg

JGraves.jpg

mtbr member
    Vic,
    Coming up to Humboldt from the Bay Area for this race was definitely worth it. This goes down as one of the most memorable events I've rolled a wide tire at. The participants were all top notch without the type A attitudes we get at the typical XC race. Someone in a neighboring squad called this an MTB race in a Salad Bowl....no doubt about it.
    I've never been to any race (even chipped Triathlons) with results postings and updates in such a timely manner. The schwag was top notch.
    Dates for me to now track and remember...family member birth dates, wedding anniversary and when the next 12 hours of Humboldt is.
    See you next year...now we have to try and make your other events.
    Cheers
    "I would kill for a Nobel Peace Prize"

jms
    mtbr member

How were the chips?

Looks like the conditions @ the community forest were perfect. Typical Big foot gig - sure looks like a great time was had by all. Didja hand out the tortilla chips Vic?

singletrack bound
    Quote Originally Posted by jms
    Looks like the conditions @ the community forest were perfect. Typical Big foot gig - sure looks like a great time was had by all. Didja hand out the tortilla chips Vic?
    Hey Vic, you better check this guys residence status. I think he belongs on the Oregun board!

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    This was my first endurance solo race and without the help of people who were total strangers in the morning I wouldn't have won the overall Solo title. Thank you to Deanna, Jason, Gavin and the lady in the other pit next to mine whose name I don't remember hearing. Deanna and her fed and gave me water the whole race. Also thank you to everyone that cheered every time I came through the pit area, and all the riders I talked to on the course. The mountain biking community once again proved it has some of the best people!
    Last edited by Horehay99; 08-24-2009 at 10:45 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Also where are the pics going to be posted from the camera people I saw on the course? I couldn't save the photos on the flickr site above, if they are protected how do I get a copy?

mtbr member

Contact Steve....

Quote Originally Posted by Horehay99
    Also where are the pics going to be posted from the camera people I saw on the course? I couldn't save the photos on the flickr site above, if they are protected how do I get a copy?
    srosephoto@suddenlink.net

mtbr member

No Chips For You!!

Quote Originally Posted by jms
    You seem very preoccupied with our Bien Padre Tortilla Chips. We had organic blue corn and organic Sesame Grande. BUT, you must be present to win. So, NO CHIPS FOR YOU!!

BTW: How was Oregon??
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Want to also say a big thanks to Vic and his crew for an awesome race. We came up and raced in two 2-person categories. This was our 3rd year in a row; such a fun race!

We brought our two boys and they had a great time hanging out at the playground. I want to thank my teammates and all the other racers and support crews who probably kept an extra eye out on those boys when they might have seemed unsupervised. There were a few minutes when both of us parents were out on the trail at the same time, but for the most part it worked out well because the laps were fast (my darlin' husband's team lapped mine at one point!).

Everyone out on the trail was so friendly and positive! HUGE kudos to all the soloists out there and Chris-the-UniPsychoist, excellent job! I had to miss the chips in order to get the boys to our lodging and a semi-normal bedtime, but I had a big slice of cream cheese pie in the hotel and felt like I totally deserved it, haha!

Can't say enough good things about Bigfoot races. Had a great time at Kirkwood, too, and Vic promises more for next year. I think Humboldt deserves more racers, so put it on your calendars for next year!

mtbr member
    Actual course mileage per lap was???
    I uploaded my laps into Garmin Direct and got a low of 7.26miles and a high of 7.29miles and had elevation variances of 1456-1488 ft of gain per loop.
    Depending on the satellite ping intervals there is certain to be some variances amongst the racer's GPS readings...the canopy blocked signals on several occasions forcing the software to extrapolate and the tight twisties could have been cut short too.
    The Garmin Connect site lacks the data correction of MotionBased.
    Anyone else have captured laps for comparison?
    "I would kill for a Nobel Peace Prize"

mtbr member
    Wanted to add my thanks Vic. I was in from the panhandle of Florida as a repaymet to a buddy who came out here for a 12 hour in February. I can't even begin to say how beautiful the course was. All racers were the most friendly I have met at a race. Great food, great course, and amazing organization. I think we need to check under the skin of Tracey and her team mate for bionic parts however. They turned some amazing times and never looked tired. Team Johnson was a great bunch of guys ( and one gal too). How did she end up coming out from her crash BTW? A huge thanks to our neighbor who lent us a fork for a burger flipper since we epic failed that one.

My uncle was there with my cousin taking photos. He is a Eureka native. Contact Michael Hughes in Eureka for any pictures he might have.

Lastly to the unicycle rider. Truly impressive performance! Next year you need to be handicapped though and juggle while riding to impress me since I know you have the legs and lungs to ride. I can only imagine what you would do with two wheels.

Uni Psycho Rider
    Jul 2007
    Thanks for the compliment but I don't think my arms could handle twelve hours of juggling but if Vic promised to throw some chips and salsa in with the watermelon next time I might be tempted to try. I would love to see those pics your uncle and cousin took, especially if they were in that final stretch that was so much fun to ride through.