Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
    mtbr member
    How bizarre, just after I posted that old picture taken just before the day the music died.
    I'm headed up the hill, The Tech Guy show just ended on KFI, so I tuned my iHeartradio to local KGO.
    Paul kantner was interviewed on KGO during the 2:06 PM segment January 13th with Brian Copeland.
    They talked about "Volunteers for America" and Altamont. And how that should be the anthem of the occupy movement, acid and more. Paul is a very interesting person and had a lot to say. The Jefferson Starship are live at the rRezz room Jan 17th through the 20th in San Francisco.
    Jefferson Starship at The RRazz Room, 1/17/2013 - SF Gate
    Does any one else remember Hot Tuna at the Chateau Liberté on the Old Santa Cruz highway?

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I like Led Zep...from way back.
    I have a pretty good music knowledge.
    Actually...I don't like to put one band over another.
    The Hives is a good group too.
    ...ever heard,"Take back the toys?"
    So is Arch Enemy with the Queen of Scream...and Fear Factory too.
    roccowt.
    rocnbikemeld

Junior flyer
    Jun 2010
    If we're going to start adding Honorable Mentions, then I think you have to include the Dead!

"They're not the best at what they do, they're the only ones that do what they do." ~ Bill Graham

I'm also a big Pixies fan. At the very least, they're the greatest college band ever!
    Last edited by dirtvert; 01-17-2013 at 07:45 PM.
    Why?

Because we like the taste of freedom; because we like the smell of danger. ~ E. Abbey

mtbr member
    Honorable mention:
    Deep purple
    Black sabbath

"So I'm packing my bag for the misty mountain.."

mtbr member
    "Since I've Been Loving You" is my favoritest song ever.

That is all.

mtbr member
    Peaut butter Tuesday, if you kow what I mea!

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Huge Zeppelin fan.

Gotta give a mention to Iced Earth. It amazes me that this band never gets mentioned. One of the best metal bands ever IMO

mtbr member
    Got my Rolling Stones tickets for May eighth at the Shark Tank!
    My Girl-friend first saw them in sixty-five at McCabe Hall when she was sixteen!!

We be roc-kin till then!!!

0ff T0ff1c: Is there a better band than Led Zeppelin?-screen-shot-2013-04-12-4.49.18-pm.jpg

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by JFA*SC View Post
    Huge Zeppelin fan.

Gotta give a mention to Iced Earth. It amazes me that this band never gets mentioned. One of the best metal bands ever IMO
    It's good, but it's not Iron Maiden good, especially with Barlow back. He's not anywhere near as good as he used to be unfortunately. Before he left I'd agree, that is solid and the videos prove it. Somehow Iron Maiden has kept the intensity and the sound live.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    It's good, but it's not Iron Maiden good, especially with Barlow back. He's not anywhere near as good as he used to be unfortunately. Before he left I'd agree, that is solid and the videos prove it. Somehow Iron Maiden has kept the intensity and the sound live.
    Barlow actually left again. Started a new band called Ashes of Ares, but no albums out yet. I agree they aren't quite on Maiden's level, but Horror Show is a damn amazing album

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6