mtbr member

XTR brakeset to replace Hope tech M4

Hi guys,my Ellsworth moment has for an upgrade the 2012 XTR drivetrain.What I didnt get was the XTR brakeset mainly because I was using hope brakesets.Anyway,If I do get the XTR brakeset sans the rotors.My question is,will the stopping power of the XTR be the same as the Hope tech M4s?I weigh 220lbs+ and using Hope 203mm rotors.Appreciate all the inputs.Thanks

T.W.O.
    XTR trail? Yeah especially with 203 rotor(s). It may not have the same linear feel like the M4 but power should be there. Unless you do more downhills then Saint would be the way to go.

mtbr member
    I'd stick with the M4s if I were you. The Hope brake modulation is unparalleled. I have a set of Saints as well, and the Hopes are almost as powerful, but have more modulation.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    If you do go to the XTRs though, you should send me the Hopes

bike weenie
    Quote Originally Posted by macming View Post
    I'd stick with the M4s if I were you. The Hope brake modulation is unparalleled. I have a set of Saints as well, and the Hopes are almost as powerful, but have more modulation.
    What he said. I have one of each on different bikes. The XTR are pretty nice, but I think I prefer the m4.