banned
    Nov 2007

xtr 975 levers with xt 775 calipers

I have a set of 2008 xtr non servo wave levers and a set of 2008 xt calipers,I know the hose lines are the same.Has anyone tried this set up,and are the two compatable....

ballbuster

Fwiu....

Quote Originally Posted by 29ERCAT
    I have a set of 2008 xtr non servo wave levers and a set of 2008 xt calipers,I know the hose lines are the same.Has anyone tried this set up,and are the two compatable....
    All shimano hydraulic brake parts are mix and match swappable (apart from rotors, at least) as long as you can get the hoses to mate up.

I currently run LX dual control hydro lever/shifters with XTR calipers using bulk Shimano hose with shimano straight-through fittings at the lever end with Hope banjo fittings at the calipers. Works great. I love the feel of the XTR brakes... not as much as the Hope Mono Minis, but I still really dig this setup.

banned
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpbot
    All shimano hydraulic brake parts are mix and match swappable (apart from rotors, at least) as long as you can get the hoses to mate up.

I currently run LX dual control hydro lever/shifters with XTR calipers using bulk Shimano hose with shimano straight-through fittings at the lever end with Hope banjo fittings at the calipers. Works great. I love the feel of the XTR brakes... not as much as the Hope Mono Minis, but I still really dig this setup.
    pimp....thx for the info,what model xtr caliper are you using,some of the reviews talked of sticking piston and set up issues on the xtr 975

Also,how would you rate the bleed process and the reliability on the hopes, I find the shimanos to be pretty straight foward