mtbr member
    Sep 2009

XT or XTR Brakes with Rock Shox Hydraulic Lockout

I'm replacing my SRAM brakes with Shimano and having troubles positioning the XT brakes with the Rockshox Hydraulic lockout which the SRAM shifter mounts too. The lockout has a SRAM matchmaker that the shifter mounts too so was putting that closer to the grip and the brake clamp inboard. I can't seem to get the angles I want for all 3.

Any XT or XTR brake users out there that have that Rock Shox hydraulic fork lockout? How did you set it up?

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I have shimano XT m785 brakes with a '12 RS SID XX. Going left from the grip I have my brake lever, shifter with pod, then the remote lever for the XX. It sits pretty far out but I don't have too much of an issue hitting it with my thumb. I'm thinking of removing the shifter pod to move it closer. The XX remote has to sit almost horizontally to the bar for it to fit that close. I also noticed that since my XX is a warranty replacement for my '11 that SRAM changed the lever which made it more difficult to mount it with shimano stuff

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I'm currently (re)building a bike with a Reba XX, thinking 2010.
    - On the non lockout side I went (outside in) grip -> then SRAM shifter - > XT brake. That's OK.
    - On the lockout side I went grip - > lockout with matchmaker & shifter -> XT brake. That's not OK. Lockout pushbutton ends up being at an odd angle.

I do have another bike I need to build and it will have the newest SID xx. Hoping that is not worse.