Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    mtbr member
    May 2009
    I would expect it around the hose crimp, which is where the problem is. Have you made sure the banjo is tight?

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I expected the same, but can not find anything strange around where the hose enters the banjo. The only thing I could find was this black stuff around where the banjo connects to the caliper.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I wonder if I have the same problem. I have a brand new set of Shimano SLX M675 brakes. They are now 3 rides old. They are Resin/Organic non finned pads.

1st ride: Awful. Not bedded in yet.
    2nd ride: Poor to start but by the end of the ride really biting well. Nearly at optimum.
    3rd ride: Rear is fine but front is starting to honk and squeal and is not biting hard.

I checked the front and it did appear a tiny bit oily but I do not understand where it could have got contaminated from. They do not rub. The bleed is good. It is just the front that now has an issue. I will check my banjo bolt tonight.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I would check the banjo bolt, where the bolt enters the caliper, the bleed port and the piston seals, in that order. A loose bleed port screw can leak oil, but be careful not to over-tighten it or you might ruin the seal and also start a leak. Another possibility is contamination from fork cleaner or another oil-based substance. It might be handy to clean your caliper, including the inside and keep the brake engaged with a tie-wrap or strap. Use a clean dry cloth or one with some clean water. Wait an hour and see if there is oil anywhere.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4