Thread: XT vs K18

Tá mé ar meisce.

XT vs K18

Sorry if this is rehash.

For the same exact dollar amount I can get a complete pre bled XT setup (levers, rotors and calipers) or a Formula K18 setup. I have not nor will I be able to try any of these out, but I would like to make an informed decision.

Can some one who has knowledge please compare the 2. Also I can get the K24 for about $100 dollars more. Is that worth the extra $$

Thanks
    To see what is right, and not to do it, is want of courage or of principle. -- Confucius
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come join me at the Swamp

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    I have XTs and love them.... however I am curious on the K18s and k24s... I have heard only great things about them

mtbr member
    My only concern with the Formulas would be availibility of parts/service in your area.
    Get over it!

Tá mé ar meisce.
    Quote Originally Posted by lebikerboy
    My only concern with the Formulas would be availibility of parts/service in your area.
    I am not overly worried about that. There seems to be a few websites carrying formula brakes and any decent lbs should be able to order stuff from one of the bigger distributors.
    To see what is right, and not to do it, is want of courage or of principle. -- Confucius
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come join me at the Swamp

mtbr member
    Sure I agree they can order whatever they need. I just prefer that the LBS has they required parts in stock when I walk in the door.
    Get over it!

Out there
    Aug 2006
    I love my K18s... I've just ordered another set for my hardtail. Parts are not a problem, even here in Canada (I stripped a bleed screw and I had one two days later, gratis, after one phone call to the US distributor, who was incredibly helpful).

The Formula levers are wonderful.
    All problems in mountain biking can be solved by going faster, except the ones that are caused by going too fast.

banned
    Sep 2005
    Love my Formulas. I'd be hard pressed to ever go with anything else.