mtbr member
    Feb 2011

XT lever/Reverb button compatibility?

Hi, any of you guys running XT (785) brakes with a Reverb dropper post? I was wondering about the compatibility of the controls as the resevoir on the XT's (which I want) looks higher than that of Elixer R's (which I've got) and looks like it might interfere with my Reverb button.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I had to fit my Reverb switch first then the XT shifter/brake lever (i use I-spec mounting). If i fit XT first then i cannot get to the bolt to fit Reverb switch where i want to. Saying all that I'm still happy where they are on the handlebar and do not feel like I'm having to compromise, reach, comfort or performance in anyway.

The Matchmaker X system is nice but i cannot stand Avid brakes. Having used Juicy 3's, two (new) sets of Elixir 5's and one (new) set of Elixir 7's. All of them i sold on.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Yeah, I think I had to do that even with the Elixers. Was more concerned with any interference between the reservoirs. If it all fits together I'll get some XT's ordered and wave goodbye to squeaks, sponginess, inconsistency and seized pistons!!