Team Blindspot

XT Disc, 765's and 185 rotors

Picked up a new set of these today, will they work with the Avid 185 adaptor and rotor?
    Astigmatic Visionary

Singletrack Addict!!!
    I just installed the 185mm G2 clean sweep rotor using the Avid adapter last weekend, on my Nixon and the 756 caliper. Had to file the adapter on the caliper side as it didn't lined up correctly. It took me quite a while but got it working, also had to buy a new 30mm long bolt for the bottom hole and cut down the short one included in the Avid adapter for the top hole, had also to wear down the holes of the adapter in one side of the hole as the line up of the screws changed a bit, got a dremel and boila! Man anything else? it took me quite a while...

Team Blindspot
    Quote Originally Posted by Relayden
    I just installed the 185mm G2 clean sweep rotor using the Avid adapter last weekend, on my Nixon and the 756 caliper. Had to file the adapter on the caliper side as it didn't lined up correctly. It took me quite a while but got it working, also had to buy a new 30mm long bolt for the bottom hole and cut down the short one included in the Avid adapter for the top hole, had also to wear down the holes of the adapter in one side of the hole as the line up of the screws changed a bit, got a dremel and boila! Man anything else? it took me quite a while...

Thanks for the reply, I just got it to work with the avid adaptoron my Lyrik. I didn't have the same problem you did, I had to shim the top of the adaptor out to clear the rotor, the bottom fit fine.

Now I've just discovered that I will need to lengthen the brake hose. Should I go with Shimano hose or Goodrich?

How easy is it to replace the line and bleed the system. I've not found any instructions on this yet.

TIA
    Astigmatic Visionary

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by S-Works
    Picked up a new set of these today, will they work with the Avid 185 adaptor and rotor?

I run my front XT with a 185 cleansweep and avid adapter for a while...just bolt on and go...no issues at all

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by S-Works
    Thanks for the reply, I just got it to work with the avid adaptoron my Lyrik. I didn't have the same problem you did, I had to shim the top of the adaptor out to clear the rotor, the bottom fit fine.

Now I've just discovered that I will need to lengthen the brake hose. Should I go with Shimano hose or Goodrich?

How easy is it to replace the line and bleed the system. I've not found any instructions on this yet.

TIA
    I use Shimano lines... replacing the line is easy and to bleed I use 2 syringes from the drugstore... and push the fluid from the caliper and remove excess from the reservoir so it doesn't overflow.... pull the lever a couple of times...push more oil...close the nipple... wiggle the line and caliper and line (so that any bubbles get detached and go to the reservoir), pull the lever a couple of times until no bubbles come out, top the reservoir with oil, install the membrane and top cap of the reservoir...and you're done

mtbr member

Why not just use the Shimano 180 rotor?

I am using the Shimano XT 180 CL rotor on XTR hubs on my Spot - work great - just need the 180 adaptor.
    The reason dogs have so many friends is that they wag their tail instead of their tongues.

Team Blindspot
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    I use Shimano lines... replacing the line is easy and to bleed I use 2 syringes from the drugstore... and push the fluid from the caliper and remove excess from the reservoir so it doesn't overflow.... pull the lever a couple of times...push more oil...close the nipple... wiggle the line and caliper and line (so that any bubbles get detached and go to the reservoir), pull the lever a couple of times until no bubbles come out, top the reservoir with oil, install the membrane and top cap of the reservoir...and you're done
    Thanks for the info. I ran across the bleed procedure, but there was not mention of the syringes, seems less complicated than the Juicy's. I'm using an Avid 185 roundagon rotor, I think I need to get one that's perfectly round like the clean sweep, it was that little bump in the profile that was knicking the caliper.
    Astigmatic Visionary

Team Blindspot
    Quote Originally Posted by steve47co1
    I am using the Shimano XT 180 CL rotor on XTR hubs on my Spot - work great - just need the 180 adaptor.

Hey Steve, cuz I don't have one.

I have 185 rotors and mounting hardware.
    Astigmatic Visionary

mtbr member

Good job! Nice, John

Doh!
    The reason dogs have so many friends is that they wag their tail instead of their tongues.